Reviews Categories | Ham Software - Logging | RCKLog Help

Reviews Summary for RCKLog
RCKLog Reviews: 4 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $FREEWARE
Description: RCKLog is a comprehensible program for logging and administration of SSB and CW-Contest with simultaneous control of transceiver and real-time operation of Packet- Radio.
RCKLog support full contest mode with maintain maximum data security. It runs on a Windows 95/98/ME/NT/2000/XP system.
More info: http://www.rcklog.de

You can write your own review of the RCKLog.

W1CDX Rating: 5/5 Jul 9, 2008 11:33 Send this review to a friend
great automation  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
great and easy to use Software Package.

The automation and "mouse-over" functions are second to none. Logging is very fast and with the built in automatic Call correction one can log pretty much "error-free". The Version today is 3.5 and Walter is working on a new Version to support more Digital modes.

The only cons IMHO is that Walter uses MMTTY/MMVARI (like most others). MM Software is outdated by 10 years and is not supported by anyone. It does work however... just not as good as Simon's DM-780 package.

So, if your new to contesting and want an easy to use, yet effective Software... get RCKLog, join the Yahoo RCKLOG group and get all the help you need... if any needed.

G0VAX Rating: 5/5 Feb 25, 2007 10:58 Send this review to a friend
Great Software!!!  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
I find this software an exellent tool for contesting.Ok, it's not free, but there is no such thing as a free meal!!!!
The support for the program from Walter is second to none.
There will always be someone that will say "It hasn't got this" or "It hasn't got that",,thats what suggestions to the author are for, to include in future releases.
I have found the software to be VERY stable in operation.
Keep up the good work Walter.

AB7R Rating: 5/5 Dec 15, 2005 07:10 Send this review to a friend
Easy to use!  Time owned: more than 12 months
Agree with the previous poster. This is a very nice program with lots of features. And easy to setup.

My only negative for this and the RCKTTY, which is another great program and my favorite to use for rtty contests, is that there does not seem to be a great variety of contests available in their setup. For example, on RCKTTY, there are only 3 contests listed for PSK, 2 of which I think are strictly EU contests.

Other than that, support from Walter is very good.

If there was an option under the contest menu for a user definable contest (dups, scoring, multipliers...etc.) this would be a 10!

But still recommend it to use for the contests it does support.

So this is really more like a 4.5

AB7R

K3MQ Rating: 5/5 Dec 15, 2005 04:41 Send this review to a friend
Try it .... you'll like it ....  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I am new to contesting, and was looking for a Windows based CW contest logger with keyer. I tried several other systems, and then happened upon RCKLog. What a great program! Obviously, I don't have a lot of experience, but I cannot imagine other programs having more features.

My favorite - the packet cluster is color coded to tell you which stations you've worked, not-worked, and those with a multiplier. I also like the optional female voice alert when you hit a dupe.

It provides a full array of reports for submitting logs, has a window for showing your multiplier progress, contest summary, does eQSL uploads, a great bandmap, contest performance graphs, hamcall cd cross reference, and more.

I have used the program on CW contests for the past five weekends, and have had no problems or errors. It was easy to set up (MUCH easier than N1MM). Most top cw contests are supported, but I have not had time to check for all.

My only concern - this is a German program. Support is primarily via a users forum. About half the posts are in German so they don't help me much. But every question I have had has been quickly addressed in English.

The cost US was abt $70 and well worth it (you also have a free trial period). It is rare I find a product which greatly exceeds my expectations - and RCKLog does exactly that. I highly recommend it.