Reviews Categories | Ham Software - Other than logging | RCKRtty Help

Reviews Summary for RCKRtty
RCKRtty Reviews: 4 Average rating: 4.8/5 MSRP: $45
Description: RCKRtty is a comprehensible program for logging and administration of RTTY, PSK31, Pactor, Amtor and CW-QSO's with simultaneous control of transceiver and real-time operation of Packet-Radio. RCKRtty supports normally QSO-operation and a full Contest operation, with maximum data security. It runs on any IBM PC or compatible with Windows 95/98/ME/NT/2000 system.
More info: http://www.rckrtty.de

You can write your own review of the RCKRtty.

VE2FK Rating: 5/5 Mar 9, 2004 16:22 Send this review to a friend
PTC-II and SoundCard compatable  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
I am playing with RTTY for a few years now but new to contest type QSO. I was looking for a software compatable with my TNC PTC-II. I found it and it will even work with a soundcard or most popular TNC. I have done 5 contests now.

First it was easy to get a demo version via the Internet and have a look at it. Everything is working on the demo except you can LOG only 5 QSO.

Looked good, it was easy and fast to get a registered number to have the LOG working.

I am not to tell you all the option, you can find lot of info on DL4RCK site: www.rckrtty.de

Let me say it does more than what you may think about. I have tried both ways, via the TNC PTC-II and Soundcard and the result is great.

Each modes, each contests has his own config
F-Keys. Total: 13 F-Keys, 10 Macros files, easy to edit, to send. I am even using it now for my normal RTTY, Amtor, Pactor QSO.

95% of the Contest is made ony with the mouse and it is easy at the end to make the official LOG to send via email.

I am using it on a P3-866Mhz and Windows ME.
A 500Mhz computer is recommanded in contest mode.
I have a COM port connected to the IC-746 to read the freq. for the LOG.

If you want to try RTTY Contests, have a look at RCKrtty. I recommend it.

73 de Claude VE2FK

AB7R Rating: 5/5 Jan 5, 2004 01:51 Send this review to a friend
Easy program to use  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I have been using WriteLog for my contesting for awhile, and it's a nice program.

But I wanted to try something different that may be easier for logging. I found my way to Walter's website for RCKRTTY. It has many features great for contesting and is also good for normal logging, though is mainly for digital mode contesting.

The one draw back I find is there is no window for multipliers. I sent Walter an email and received a quick reply that it is in the works.

That being said, I still give it a good FIVE. Here's some slick points....

1. LOTS of macros available and easy to copy and customize for all the contests.

2. YOU determine what is shown in the logging area.

3. The CALL field can be set to automatically recognize callsigns in the RX window and put them in the call field. Nothing is saved to the log unless you hit the SAVE button, or execute a macro with the command. In other words... no typing.

4. There is a "Double click" feature that not only populates the callsign field, but executes a macro at the same time. VERY HANDY!! There is one available for both CQ mode and S&P mode.

5. Uses MMTTY engine for rtty (the PSK engine looks a little wanting, but I have not really used it yet. But it's there.

6. Telnet feature WITH bandmap, and the bandmap, as I later found out, has an offset feature to make sure you are where you are supposed to be when clicking on the spot. Since I did not realize this till after the Round up, I did not use it.

I was only running 50W during the Round Up, but with these feature and the way the program is set up, when I did have the occaisions to make a few nice runs, it was quick and easy.

Strongly reccommend any contester check it out and give it a try.

Greg
AB7R

WB9JPH Rating: 5/5 Jan 19, 2003 00:21 Send this review to a friend
Works Well; Intuitive  Time owned: more than 12 months
Program works well and is very intuitive to use.

Author responds to e-mail requests promptly.

Have used the program on a PC running Windows 98 and on a Macintosh running Windows 98 via Virtual PC 5.0--works great in both environments.

RV3APM Rating: 4/5 Mar 9, 2002 13:07 Send this review to a friend
VERY GOOD!  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
I using this log for few RTTY contests - very useful software, simple and work great with sound card ( MMTTY, PSK) .