Reviews Categories | Antennas: HF Verticals and Wire | Genesis High Frequency Spydercone Antenna Help

Reviews Summary for Genesis High Frequency Spydercone Antenna
Genesis High Frequency Spydercone Antenna Reviews: 2 Average rating: 4.5/5 MSRP: $120-150
Description: Multi-Band Wire Antenna
More info: http://www.coneantenna.com

You can write your own review of the Genesis High Frequency Spydercone Antenna.

N4AY Rating: 4/5 Apr 10, 2003 21:30 Send this review to a friend
Different..but it works...  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
OK, I saw this thing on ebay for a lower than normal price. Had it in the box for a couple of months,then finally installed it according to the instructions in oak trees surrounding my house. If you have the requisite supports--one apex support and four leg supports--it plays pretty good. On 40m and 75m I get great results, even seems to have some gain on 40. Works well on the other bands but I have little to compare with. The antenna needs a tuner with a balun somewhere in the feed system, I use the outstanding Palstar AT1500CV with an old beat-up SB-1000 and FT-847.

The antenna is built like a tank, should last for many years without trouble.

I am satisfied with the antenna, your results may vary....

73 de N4AY

N4DVT Rating: 5/5 Jan 4, 2002 07:17 Send this review to a friend
Fantastic Antenna  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
After being bit by the "ham" bug again after 15 years of inactivity, I started looking around for a good multi-band wire antenna, since my property will not easily support a tower and/or beams. I just happened onto the "spydercone" antenna by Genesis High Frequency. I was a little skeptical about some of the claims made, but decided to buy one anyway. Before purchasing, I had quite a few email discussions with Jim and Janice at Genesis, and they quickly, and in great detail, answered each and every question. I received the antenna quickly and was immediately impressed by the construction quality. For various reasons, it took me 4-5 months to get the antenna hung. During this process, I got several emails from Jim or Janice inquiring about my progress, even threatening (!) to come my way during the Thanksgiving holidays to assist. I'm still not extremely active due to time constraints, but the antenna has impressed the heck out of me so far.I used it primarily on 40 and 20 and have had great results. The first night after I got it up happened to be during the CQ sweepstakes. I worked most of Europe, South America and the Caribbean barefoot in less than an hour, getting through on the first call 95% of the time. It would appear that their gain figures are quite conservative. I use the antenna more for receiving than transmitting and compared to my 65' end-fed longwire which is higher off the ground and in a better location, the spydercone always out performs it by at least 2-5 S units! I opted for the broadband kit, and the antenna is extremely broadband on all bands. I can go from one end of the band to the other on all bands with just a small tweak of the tuner controls. Jim and Janice are great to deal with, and I would STRONGLY recommend this antenna to anybody and everybody!!!