Reviews Categories | Amateur Radio Periodicals | Radio Active Help

Reviews Summary for Radio Active
Radio Active Reviews: 2 Average rating: 2.5/5 MSRP: $2.25
Description: UK broad-based radio magazine. Encompasses ham radio, CB, scanners, SWL and broadcast, but has a strong emphasis on amateur radio. Monthly columns include "Amateur Airwaves" by GM4WLL and "All in a Day's Work" by G3LLL, plus regular technical articles and reviews.

You can write your own review of the Radio Active.

G1HBE Rating: 2/5 Apr 23, 2004 04:36 Send this review to a friend
Variable  Time owned: months
Having written a few articles for this mag in the past, I have to say I never really know what to make of it. Like the previous reviewer, it seems not to know quite who it is talking to - amateur, CB'er, SWL, scanner or 'gadget merchant'.
I think the problem is that 'Radio' as a subject is far more diverse than it was, and to sell a useful amount of copies one has to spread the appeal very thinly, leading to a lack of 'meat'.
I'm afraid the only times I buy this is when I see something appealing on the cover.

M5GWH Rating: 3/5 Nov 9, 2002 11:13 Send this review to a friend
Not the best read...  Time owned: more than 12 months
Radio Active seems to be a magazine for the UK 'radio enthusiast' who can't decide if they are a Radio Amateur, Short Wave Listener or CB-er.

It doesn't really contain much of great interest that the others don't already cover - same news, new products, etc. Layout, etc, is very similar to what Ham Radio Today was before the RSGB finished it. Content seems to cover a 'wide church' - Amateur, CB, Short Wave Listener, etc.

I rarely find it on the news-stands - more often found it in Maplin Stores - if given have a choice of buying PW, SWM or Radio Active, I'm afraid I'd choose this last.

Leigh, M5GWH.