Reviews Categories | Antennas: VHF/UHF+ Directional (Yagi, quad, etc.) | M2 6M7 6 Meter Yagi Help

Reviews Summary for M2 6M7 6 Meter Yagi
M2 6M7 6 Meter Yagi Reviews: 6 Average rating: 4.5/5 MSRP: $$333.00
Description: The 6M7 is a mid-sized 7 element antenna designed, with the aid of computer technology, to produce maximum gain for its boom length. Features include machined aluminum element mounting blocks, O-ring sealed connectors and balun, silicone-gel sealed "T" match block, and stainless steel hardware. Elements are 1/4" aluminum rod with 3/8 tube center sleeves, and all are DC grounded. An overhead guy system is provided for additional boom support.

More info: http://www.m2inc.com/products/6m/6m7.gif

You can write your own review of the M2 6M7 6 Meter Yagi.

WR0F Rating: 5/5 Feb 20, 2013 18:56 Send this review to a friend
Awesome 6 meter beam   Time owned: more than 12 months
I have had this beam up now for over 2+ years and it is a tremendous beam .I have run M2 products for over 20 years on 144 222 432 1296 and knew it was time to buy the M2 6M7 and retire the old 6 meter beam .
If your considering buying a m2 5 element take a serious look at the m2 6m7 it is worth the difference in price and you will not be disappointed in performance .

LEIGH Rating: 2/5 Apr 21, 2011 06:35 Send this review to a friend
Expected better  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
For the price of this antenna, and the company, I thought it would have been better but I was wrong.
I have not been able to use the antenna yet, because when building it, the elements in the mid-section of the antenna were not in the same plane as the elements towards the rear. Thinking it could possibly help if I turned the boom section 180 deg, I tried to remove the nuts and bolts from the element blocks to which a number of them jammed and the bolts snapped in half. Not happy!
After turning the boom 180 the elements were still not correctly aligned anyway!
I expected a lot better quality from this antenna, now im left with something I cant complete until i source some extra bolts n nuts locally :(

N6AJR Rating: 5/5 May 7, 2005 10:15 Send this review to a friend
Good Antenna, Good People  Time owned: more than 12 months
I went to the M2 open house this year. I am impressed. They have a CNC machine that would knock your socks off. Mike and Myrna Are nice folks ( M 2.. get it!!) and Wyatt ( the 3rd m ??) is a super guy to work with.

I am using this antenna as a fixed pointer to my favorite repeater aproximately 60 miles distant. I used to run a 4 ele crushcrap, at 55 watts and 80% quieting, now I run 5 watts and 100% quieting. this is a well designed antenna.

this is a super antenna. They also hand brew phasing lines for 2 meter and 440 stacks, ( and others) and have a good line of things from antennas to portable towers. I really like these folks, and the antennas are the best. CNC machined blocks for mounting, good quality parts and individual attention on each piece they make.

M2, Good people, they answer their phones and email and are reasonable priced for a super product

DL7ARM Rating: 5/5 May 7, 2005 05:54 Send this review to a friend
Excellent Antenna  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
The 6M7 is really a fantastic antenna. I built it up a few days ago and I tested with a friend of mine, when the band was open. He uses a 6 Element, not from M2. Really nice results for me and the 6M7! :-)
A very good Job, guys from M2!!!
73 to Mike and thanks for the nice correspondence.

N6PEQ Rating: 5/5 Jan 11, 2002 19:35 Send this review to a friend
Excellent Antenna!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
The M2 6M7 yagi is very easy to asemble. The quality of the materials is excellent. The antenna has very high directivity and I am hearing signals that I would not hear on my previous antenna which was a 12" boom 6 element yagi. A tip of my hat to Mike and the group at M2. great job! Also it has low wind load for its size.

KC4PX Rating: 5/5 Jan 7, 2002 22:11 Send this review to a friend
Excellent Mechanical Design  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I was debating purchasing a 6M7JHV or 6M7. Since I live on the coast in Florida, I wanted a yagi that will withstand the weather. The 6M7 was my choice and I am VERY impressed with what I received. The antenna is mouted on a 2 inch boom, with solid elements. The 1/4 inch aluminum elements are press fit into 3/8 inch tubing and mounted on aluminum blocks. All hardware is stainless and very easy to install. I was also very impressed with M2 with their "detailing".... all aluminum pieces were de-burred to the point where I assume a person did it by hand.... excellent workmanship.

The next step is to install the Yagi on the tower this weekend. I'll report on the performance later. I have a vertical, 550 foot long wire loop and phased 1/2 wavelength loops stacked at 12 feet to compare the 6M7 with.