Reviews Categories | Antennas: VHF/UHF+ Omnidirectional: verticals, mobile, etc | Arrow Antenna GP52 6 meter 1/4 wave GP Help

Reviews Summary for Arrow Antenna GP52 6 meter 1/4 wave GP
Arrow Antenna GP52 6 meter 1/4 wave GP Reviews: 25 Average rating: 4.8/5 MSRP: $35
Description: 6 meter 1/4 ground plane antenna. Antenna pictured is from the 2m version, but it appears the same.
More info: http://www.arrowantennas.com

You can write your own review of the Arrow Antenna GP52 6 meter 1/4 wave GP.

WD4AB Rating: 5/5 Oct 29, 2016 08:46 Send this review to a friend
Great DX Performance!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I had arrow custom cut the antenna for 50.125. The SWR is flat with great bandwidth. Today I tuned the radio to 50.125 and was lucky to have a good band opening. I worked everything I heard and 59+20 reports or higher were very common on both ends. This is solid and a fantastic value.

NP3ST Rating: 5/5 Jul 28, 2016 06:03 Send this review to a friend
IT JUST WORK  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
NEVER BEFORE I HAVE TRY A 6M ANTENNA FOR FM,GOT IT ADJUSTED AND GOT IT UP ABOUT 25 FEET,AND CONTACTED TWO FELLOWS,GIVING ME A 56 58 REPORTS. RECOMMENDED.

N6JET Rating: 5/5 May 14, 2016 11:11 Send this review to a friend
Perfect Attic Antenna  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
My GP-52 is installed in my attic, so the radials are horizontal and I am only using 3 with no compromise in performance. The perfect attic antenna.

K4KD Rating: 5/5 Apr 17, 2016 06:05 Send this review to a friend
works great  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I purchased this antenna a few months ago.
It took about 10 minutes to assemble it. Made of solid aluminum rods.
It replaced a 5/8 wave antenna at the same height (25 ft). Signals are as strong or stronger than the larger antenna. I can work 6 Meter FM simplex stations 100 miles or more (I do live at a fairly high elevation). I work and hear repeaters much further. It has withstood 40 to 50 MPH winds. You couldn't build this antenna for the price.

W5KVV Rating: 5/5 Jan 28, 2015 22:13 Send this review to a friend
Great quality  Time owned: more than 12 months
Very well built. Easy to set up/take down, but be advised, this is a BIG ANTENNA. 6' tall on the ground. SWR is <1.3 across the band. I feel many bad reviews are do to hams expecting yagi performance out of a GP antenna & it's just not going to happen.

N2CYY Rating: 5/5 Dec 16, 2011 21:26 Send this review to a friend
Great Antenna - Awesome Support  Time owned: more than 12 months
The perfect mixture of a great product backed up with simply unparalleled customer support. Had my GP52 for a few years (& it worked fine) & then we moved to a new QTH. The antenna didn't quite make the move too well. But even after 3 + years ( and a less than successful move) Tim at Arrow demonstrated how great Arrow Antenna is how they stand behind the products they make. If only more companies were like Arrow. I also have the 2 / 440 ground plane (also a great performer) and look forward to adding additional Arrow antennas to my modest antenna farm in the near future.

N0YXE Rating: 1/5 Feb 9, 2011 14:29 Send this review to a friend
My second review...  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
I wrote a glowing first review based on the quality of construction, ease of assembly and mounting, and initial SWR tests. This was last spring. I NEVER heard anyone on Six and never had one QSO on six. Yes, I know how to work the band: I've had the VUCC for 50 MHz for a few years. I checked the SWR again today (2-9-11) and found it to be higher than Mount Everest! Go figure. I had even convinced a friend of mine in Texas to purchase one too, and she has had the same experience. What to do? In my case I have a 1/2 wave omni Six in the basement that should be perfect for replacing the Arrow antenna. Even at modest height, it should still work on openings. The omni antennas work great and don't take much space either. Good luck.

KQ6EA Rating: 5/5 Sep 14, 2010 12:31 Send this review to a friend
Amazing deal  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Bought one of these a while back because I wanted something to use on 6 with my Flex 5000. Finally got around to putting it up for the September VHF QSO party. It took all of 25 minutes, and that includes putting a dab of anti-seize on the parts, lowering the mast my Comet GP-3 was on, and swapping the two antennas.
SWR is pancake flat over the entire low end of the band, the radio loads up perfectly in to it, and I made about a dozen contacts on 6 that I wouldn't have been able to make without it.
Construction and materials are very nice and quite clever, and I agree with the other poster about how well it was packed for shipment. UPS couldn't hurt this thing even if they tried!
Very happy with the antenna, and for the price it can't be beat. I doubt if you could build something this nice for the money. Took it down after the contest as I need the GP-3 up for a cross-band repeater some of my friends use for a net we run, and it "folds up" easily by loosening the four 7/16" bolts to swing the radials parallel to each other for storage.
I can hardly wait until 6 opens back up as the solar cycle progresses. The last time I was on 6 it was a lot of fun.

K6JWB Rating: 5/5 Jan 16, 2010 21:53 Send this review to a friend
Great little antenna!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I got this from a friend who recently got out of the HAM hobby. He bought this new some months ago and I let it sit during the rainy season then the summer. I took it apart and cleaned all the radials and the connections with a brillow pad and a wet cloth, then I simply put it together, no manual, no antenna expertise, and plugged it in. Using my 756 pro2, my SWR was flat on 50.110 and the radio did a slight retune on 53.080 (repeater freq input). It's only elevated about 20 ft with a floating ground. It works great into the repeaters 5-30miles away and will await to see if I can catch any magical DX.

If you have an HF radio that does 6m, this is the perfect "Antenna2" plug-in. So far no TVI (even with 100watts on FM).

I really do recommend this along with a G5RV for the HF (general class) beginner.

W4AMP Rating: 5/5 Jul 16, 2009 21:11 Send this review to a friend
A Keeper  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
Fast shipping, good communication, and a strong well built product make this a great antenna to order and use. Five minute assembly, no trimming of vertical element needed. A sturdy lightweight antenna that is priced right!