Reviews Categories | Keys & Paddles | Jones Keys Brass two paddle keyer Help

Reviews Summary for Jones Keys Brass two paddle keyer
Jones Keys Brass two paddle keyer Reviews: 4 Average rating: 4.8/5 MSRP: $190.00
Description: (missing—add Description)
(Web site missing—add URL)

You can write your own review of the Jones Keys Brass two paddle keyer.

K6ZB Rating: 5/5 Sep 12, 2006 19:31 Send this review to a friend
Excellent paddle that sends reliable code  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I got mine on eBay and was surprised how easy and quick it was to adjust for my feel. Being able to move the paddles closer together is fantastic, as is the way you can lower the finger pieces. It sends code like no other paddle I've used. Solid and delightful to use. This is a keeper!

N2DE Rating: 5/5 Apr 24, 2004 14:14 Send this review to a friend
Gold Plated Tank  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
When it comes to paddles I am spoiled since I own some of the finest that have been made. Somehow, however, the Peter Jones iambic had escaped my radar.

The gold plated presentation version that I bought (I added the picture here) is a beauty! The finish is equal to the very best keys I know. The construction is very rugged, and this is one of the heaviest keys you will find. It uses racing ball bearings for the arms and finely threaded screws for the contact spacing and tension adjustments. You can also adjust the paddle spacing and height to suit your personal preferences. The contacts are gold plated copper, and the arms are grounded to the base with flexible braid to ensure totally reliable keying.

The adjustments let me set it to my personal "sweet spot" - perfect spacing and height, a very narrow barely perceptible contact gap, and very light tension. In actual use this key performs as well as it looks. Of all the paddles that use springs for the return force probably only the WBL V22 can measure up in actual operation (although it is a very different key and you can't really compare them), and in my book only the Begali Signature surpasses this key. If you can find one you won't be sorry even if you have to pay more than you dare admit to your spouse ...

K3IVB Rating: 5/5 Dec 30, 2002 17:04 Send this review to a friend
GREAT PADDLE  Time owned: more than 12 months
I am a paddle kind of guy having owned too many, being a machinist makes me too picky and hard to please. I have owned most high end paddles and liked most of them, but when it came right down to it, I found I used only a couple of them. I now have the Profi which I have owned for years and my good old Jones Key Paddle. I have owned a few different Jones Key Paddles. Since the brass is not protected after they have been manufactured you will find most Jones Keys lacking in luster. I have restored several Jones Keys. Lubing the bearings, polishing and clear coating the brass really makes them stand out. What I like about the Jones Paddle is itís nice and heavy, has plenty of adjustments, such as: Height and angle of finger pieces, distance between finger pieces, tension adjustment, and of course spacing adjustment which can be set as close as any high-end paddle I have owned. After playing with paddles such as: WBL V22, March, Kent, Mercury, Bencher, Vibroplex, Brown Brothers, every CT available, G4ZPY, Key-8, Hi-Mound, K8RA, Nye Viking and others I canít remember, I am down to The Jones Key Paddle and the Profi. I want to try the GHD optical paddle next because I have heard many good reports. All the paddles mentioned have their good points, but I sold them all, and am now left with these two, and maybe the GHD? FYI, I am always looking to buy Jones Keys because I like to restore them to better than brand new. I have some nice pictures of the ones I have restored, if you want to see how neat they can look, email me for pics. 73...k3ivb

M0AIR Rating: 4/5 Oct 8, 1999 14:50 Send this review to a friend
really nice to use with old world charm - but no r  Time owned: unknown months
I got the Jones ( English) key a few years ago at a rally. It is big and heavy with finely machined parts - and I am sure will see me out ! The paddles can be made very lightly springed and active. In use it clicks away like a pair of false teeth and the morse pours out !! 73's M0AIR Steven