Reviews Categories | Transceivers: VHF/UHF+ Amateur Base/Mobile (non hand-held) | Alinco DR 570 Help

Reviews Summary for Alinco DR 570
Alinco DR 570 Reviews: 19 Average rating: 4.8/5 MSRP: $499.00
Description: Dual Band Mobile

You can write your own review of the Alinco DR 570.

KE4EEJ Rating: 5/5 Nov 16, 2015 18:29 Send this review to a friend
don't pass it by  Time owned: more than 12 months
Inherited one from my father, it's 20+ years old and it's the best radio I own. Mounted it in my Jeep and even going off-road this thing takes a beating then keeps on running. It's a beast.

It's so simple to program and operate. Clearly marked buttons on front enable easy changes. Thing I like best is that it displays both bands at once and it has separate volume controls for each.

IF you find someone that is silly enough to give one up, snatch it!
W4HCR Rating: 5/5 Jul 16, 2015 06:55 Send this review to a friend
Solid Performance  Time owned: more than 12 months
This is probably one of the easiest dual band rigs to program or use on the market. I've tried to replace this several times with transceivers that have more memory channels and alpha tags. The DR-570 always ends back up in my vehicle. It is super simple to modify for MARS/CAP and there is a wealth of information on the web for troubleshooting. This radio is the John Deere Tractor of dual bands. It just keeps going regardless of what you throw at it. My 570 will probably outlive me.
K2HAT Rating: 5/5 Oct 18, 2014 20:10 Send this review to a friend
Nice Simple radio  Time owned: more than 12 months
A follow up on the review I made in 2007 as Kc2RDG;

I still have the Alinco DR 570t and am Still happy with it. Yes it has only 10 memories for 2m and 10 for 440; but you can use the radio without needing to read the owners manual for an hour each time.

5+ in my book. :)

73 K2HAT Lee.
KE5UMC Rating: 5/5 Sep 12, 2012 16:19 Send this review to a friend
Excellent Radio  Time owned: more than 12 months
Have had mine for 3 years....easy to program and all functions are easily discernible. Cross band repeat allows using hand held outside for additional power. Sturdy built rig. Bought off e-bay for $125.00 and was money well spent...
WE2E Rating: 5/5 Aug 31, 2010 07:11 Send this review to a friend
Performs well  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
Have two, Good audio, good power, pl tones, dual receive, works fine on crossband repeat, easy to use.
I paid $100.00 shipped for the last one. Put it in my truck, works great....Nice bang for the buck...
K4GF Rating: 5/5 May 6, 2008 09:13 Send this review to a friend
Very Nice Rig!  Time owned: more than 12 months
I highly recommend the DR-570 for anyone who needs a decent dual-bander at a reasonable price. I bought one of these over two years ago for a very reasonable price off of Ebay (yes, EBAY!!!). It has been in my truck, ever since, where I have used it many times over for casual QSO's or storm spotting. The audio is good and I get good signal reports from others. It's an older rig, but since I don't need 200+ memory channels any way, so this is not a problem for me.
N0FPE Rating: 5/5 May 13, 2007 08:50 Send this review to a friend
Just keeps on tickin  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have had 3 570's over the years. Always regret when I part with one. Solid radios. great cross band repeat system. I have one now in service as a crossband that has been at it for 10 years!! never a miss. I will grab another one if I find one for sale!!!
KC2RDG Rating: 5/5 May 13, 2007 05:16 Send this review to a friend
Nice older Dual band  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I just bought an Alinco DR570T at a local
hamfest, and am very impressed with the radio.

The radio was made in the early 1990's
and for a unit thats aprox 15 years old has
many "Modern" features.

It is a very rugged chassis, and looks like
it will last for Years.

K2HAT {former KC2RDG}
Lee Hatfield :)
W4AVD Rating: 4/5 Dec 6, 2006 12:46 Send this review to a friend
Solid  Time owned: more than 12 months
A nice gentleman at my local radio club sold me this rig for $100. I am a broke college student and he could have gotten more. I love this radio. Hot reciever and good audio. I live in a small town surrounded by terrain that prevents an HT from hitting any repeaters. I use the crossband repeater to get into repeaters with my HT so I can sit on my porch or walk around town insted of being confined inside.

I have only have two issues with the design:
1. Cannot independantly set power for each band. (Dont need high power on 70cm to hit my HT 100 feet away).
2. Only 10 memory settings per band. (9 if you want the call button to take you to 146.52 and 445.000).

Otherwise this is a wonderful rig and I will not be getting rid of it anytime soon. 73
W4MY Rating: 5/5 Sep 18, 2004 14:38 Send this review to a friend
Bullet Proof  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
I bought this one used about 6 months ago and installed in my truck. The previous owner wired a small switch on the side for x-band repeat as it is an earlier model with the switch inside (why did they do that?) I don't mind as it lowered the already reasonable price I paid for it. I've actually used the x-band repeat in a few events I've been in, very handy.

The rig is easy to use, doesn't mind the abuse of the truck, plenty of audio to the outboard mobile speaker. Reminds me of the old Western Electric dial telephones, nothing you could do to it to make it malfunction. Get one cheap and abuse it with impunity!

One thing I have noticed is that the RX is not quite as sensitive as some of my friends' newer radios, but not like its THAT big of a difference, but hey, the duribility makes up for it! 73