Reviews Categories | Transceivers: VHF/UHF+ Amateur Base/Mobile (non hand-held) | Alinco DR 570 Help

Reviews Summary for Alinco DR 570
Alinco DR 570 Reviews: 16 Average rating: 4.8/5 MSRP: $499.00
Description: Dual Band Mobile

You can write your own review of the Alinco DR 570.

KE5UMC Rating: 5/5 Sep 12, 2012 16:19 Send this review to a friend
Excellent Radio  Time owned: more than 12 months
Have had mine for 3 years....easy to program and all functions are easily discernible. Cross band repeat allows using hand held outside for additional power. Sturdy built rig. Bought off e-bay for $125.00 and was money well spent...

WE2E Rating: 5/5 Aug 31, 2010 07:11 Send this review to a friend
Performs well  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
Have two, Good audio, good power, pl tones, dual receive, works fine on crossband repeat, easy to use.
I paid $100.00 shipped for the last one. Put it in my truck, works great....Nice bang for the buck...

K4GF Rating: 5/5 May 6, 2008 09:13 Send this review to a friend
Very Nice Rig!  Time owned: more than 12 months
I highly recommend the DR-570 for anyone who needs a decent dual-bander at a reasonable price. I bought one of these over two years ago for a very reasonable price off of Ebay (yes, EBAY!!!). It has been in my truck, ever since, where I have used it many times over for casual QSO's or storm spotting. The audio is good and I get good signal reports from others. It's an older rig, but since I don't need 200+ memory channels any way, so this is not a problem for me.

N0FPE Rating: 5/5 May 13, 2007 08:50 Send this review to a friend
Just keeps on tickin  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have had 3 570's over the years. Always regret when I part with one. Solid radios. great cross band repeat system. I have one now in service as a crossband that has been at it for 10 years!! never a miss. I will grab another one if I find one for sale!!!

KC2RDG Rating: 5/5 May 13, 2007 05:16 Send this review to a friend
Nice older Dual band  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I just bought an Alinco DR570T at a local
hamfest, and am very impressed with the radio.

The radio was made in the early 1990's
and for a unit thats aprox 15 years old has
many "Modern" features.

It is a very rugged chassis, and looks like
it will last for Years.

73's
K2HAT {former KC2RDG}
Lee Hatfield :)

W4AVD Rating: 4/5 Dec 6, 2006 12:46 Send this review to a friend
Solid  Time owned: more than 12 months
A nice gentleman at my local radio club sold me this rig for $100. I am a broke college student and he could have gotten more. I love this radio. Hot reciever and good audio. I live in a small town surrounded by terrain that prevents an HT from hitting any repeaters. I use the crossband repeater to get into repeaters with my HT so I can sit on my porch or walk around town insted of being confined inside.

I have only have two issues with the design:
1. Cannot independantly set power for each band. (Dont need high power on 70cm to hit my HT 100 feet away).
2. Only 10 memory settings per band. (9 if you want the call button to take you to 146.52 and 445.000).

Otherwise this is a wonderful rig and I will not be getting rid of it anytime soon. 73

W4MY Rating: 5/5 Sep 18, 2004 14:38 Send this review to a friend
Bullet Proof  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
I bought this one used about 6 months ago and installed in my truck. The previous owner wired a small switch on the side for x-band repeat as it is an earlier model with the switch inside (why did they do that?) I don't mind as it lowered the already reasonable price I paid for it. I've actually used the x-band repeat in a few events I've been in, very handy.

The rig is easy to use, doesn't mind the abuse of the truck, plenty of audio to the outboard mobile speaker. Reminds me of the old Western Electric dial telephones, nothing you could do to it to make it malfunction. Get one cheap and abuse it with impunity!

One thing I have noticed is that the RX is not quite as sensitive as some of my friends' newer radios, but not like its THAT big of a difference, but hey, the duribility makes up for it! 73

KG4GSC Rating: 5/5 Feb 10, 2004 15:12 Send this review to a friend
Solid rig..a survivor!  Time owned: more than 12 months
This rig has been thru it all....aero mobile, auto mobile, motorcycle mobile, lugged around with a gelcel/solar cell and an extensible vert dipole for the mountain cabin, etc. Still works great. Typical hot Alinco audio. Cross band works fine, tho I don't use it much. Lots of audio, even on the bike. Yup, the backlights went out...simple fix. Covers FRS for monitoring tolks using those freqs and MURS for that side of things. NOT a delicate radio like some on the market. LCD is STILL very clear, unlike my old Kenwood (tho the newer Kenwoods seem to be excellent).

Some put down Alinco...there may be some dog models, sure, but NOT this one. If you don't need a ton of memories, this is a good find at around $150/$175 or so. In the 4-5 years I've owned this one, it has always worked. Mine did need repair at first, but the previous owner xmitted into nothing....still took a few minutes to kill the final (Huh...wonder why I can't hit that repeater??!!"" Let's try HI power!!"). "Operator error" is not a problem with the radio!!

73 de KG4GSC

K0UC Rating: 4/5 Dec 26, 2003 12:27 Send this review to a friend
good radio  Time owned: more than 12 months
Bought mine new over 10 years ago at the same time my friend bought one. I later bought his used, so I have 2 now. Both are great radios. Only prolbem I've had is that the pilot lights inside both radios burned out over time. Replaced them with radio shack bulbs, so no big deal if you don't mind a little soldering and disassembly. Otherwise a good tough radio. Mine have the "repeat" switch on top.
One negative is that it only has 10 memories per band. If that's not an issue, don't hesitate to buy one.

PA3GPA Rating: 5/5 Apr 26, 2003 11:50 Send this review to a friend
Try to get one !  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
This one does not come with all the modern gadgets, the European version lacks the present UHF repeater offset (have not found a way to adjust that yet), but the RX/TX performance easily keeps up with the modern radios. The controls and functions are easy to understand, it has big buttons for the main fuctions and a clear illuminated LCD panel, very good for save mobile use. If you need a lot of features, don't buy it. If you are looking for a rugged basic (mobile) radio with great performance, just try to get one !