Reviews Categories | Transceivers: VHF/UHF+ Amateur Base/Mobile (non hand-held) | Alinco DR 570 Help

Reviews Summary for Alinco DR 570
Alinco DR 570 Reviews: 17 Average rating: 4.8/5 MSRP: $499.00
Description: Dual Band Mobile

You can write your own review of the Alinco DR 570.

PA3GPA Rating: 5/5 Apr 26, 2003 11:50 Send this review to a friend
Try to get one !  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
This one does not come with all the modern gadgets, the European version lacks the present UHF repeater offset (have not found a way to adjust that yet), but the RX/TX performance easily keeps up with the modern radios. The controls and functions are easy to understand, it has big buttons for the main fuctions and a clear illuminated LCD panel, very good for save mobile use. If you need a lot of features, don't buy it. If you are looking for a rugged basic (mobile) radio with great performance, just try to get one !

WL7MW Rating: 5/5 Mar 18, 2003 16:23 Send this review to a friend
Great radio for everyday use  Time owned: more than 12 months
This radio is great for "most everyone". I've had this radio for 9 years and used it for everything from packet to repeater including sat. and simplex. If a new ham has only one radio--- THIS would be it.

N1JGA Rating: 5/5 Nov 15, 2002 22:25 Send this review to a friend
11 years later  Time owned: more than 12 months
Great radio. I have had this radio in 5 different cars, with several different mounts - I even have brought it backpacking. It is just a simple/basic radio but it has always worked great. The only thing that I have had to fix is the microphone. I replaced it with a more current model after repairing the stock mic several times. I have purchased a new radio for the car but will continue to use the 570 in the shack as a cross band repeater.

KC8PMM Rating: 5/5 Jan 16, 2002 07:26 Send this review to a friend
yes, great for what it is.  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
It's a very nice radio for its time. A great deal on it used would be about $180-$220. The only thing I miss is that the crossband repeat switch is INSIDE my radio. I drilled a small hole in the cover and I use a plastic stick to push the button now. That works great. It is also nice to be able to pretty much operate the radio without needing the instruction manual. It's even easy to store new memories on the fly.

The only reson I bought the one I have is for the crossband repeat function. I would not hesitate to buy another one.

KK2QQ Rating: 5/5 Jan 15, 2002 23:47 Send this review to a friend
This radio helped put Alinco on the map  Time owned: more than 12 months
I've had mine for ten years now. It's still a powerhouse. At the time I bought it, it was at least $200 less money than a comparably equipped Kenwood, Icom, or Yaesu. I took a chance at going with the cheap underdog -- but this turned out not to be a Yugo, Hundai, or Kia. Ten year's later, it still is a Lexus is sheep's clothing -- simply solid as a rock. And look at the great lineup of radios that Alinco came out with after it!

No, it doesn't have 200 memory channels and every bell and whistle on the planet. You can only store the main local repeaters on it. However, It's got great dual band receive, fabulous tx and rx audio and does a darn good cross band repeat. I use mine as a Base rig. I even used it as the hub of a cool-running private autopatch for a few years.

All in all a fantastic, cheap dual bander If you see one at a swap meet, grab it!

N3XDZ Rating: 5/5 Jan 15, 2002 23:24 Send this review to a friend
Great Radio  Time owned: more than 12 months
I bought my 570 used about three years ago and I have never had a problem with it. I just Bought my first New radio (FT 7100M) in October and I refuse to give up my 570 in the car.

KC8PMM Rating: 4/5 Jan 14, 2002 08:47 Send this review to a friend
Good older radio  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
I bought it used. Can be modified for out of band and has crossband repeater function. Some have the switch on the outside of the case and others have it inside (you must remove the cover and press a button to toggle xband on/off).