Reviews Categories | Books/Manuals/Videos/Pod-WebCasts on ham radio | DXing 101X Help

Reviews Summary for DXing 101X
DXing 101X Reviews: 44 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $24.95 plus postage
Description: This is a great reference book for all DXers.
More info: http://ac6v.com/DXSAMPLE.htm

You can write your own review of the DXing 101X.

K8RBW Rating: 5/5 Jul 19, 2006 21:56 Send this review to a friend
Excellent Reference Work  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
As an indexed reference work, DXing 101 serves as an excellent complement to THE COMPLETE DXER. It provides much useful information for operators with all levels of expertise.

73 de Dick, K8RBW

KC0VRI Rating: 5/5 Apr 23, 2006 18:14 Send this review to a friend
Outstanding  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Being a new Ham and focusing on CW, I want to QSO with anyone, anywhere, that I can make contact with. DX stations have been a real draw to me (an elusive one for sure), and I got DX101 to learn how to reach out to those distant stations. It was a pleasure to learn that not only does DX101 provide that information, but also 100's of clues on how to be a better radio operator in general, and how to use the technology inherent in my FT-897 to the fullest extent. DX101 can be considered a radio operating resource for new Hams (I know that from practical experince with it), but I would suspect more experienced Hams would discover some tidbits as well.

WD4GST Rating: 5/5 Apr 20, 2006 18:18 Send this review to a friend
Great Book  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I've been dx'ing for many years and this book ties together all those loose-ends of DX'ing. I unpacked the book and began to read immediately and I seem to learn something new with every page. Highly recommended to all. You CAN teach an old Ham new tricks. Ron, W8BF, Cleveland, TN

KC9HJO Rating: 5/5 Apr 19, 2006 06:02 Send this review to a friend
Tons of Information  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
A very informative book. Novice and veterans can learn a bunch. Great service too!

OE3SGU Rating: 5/5 Apr 4, 2006 13:20 Send this review to a friend
WOW  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I own all of the important books about DXing, but this is the best! It is full of usefuel information, it is a compendium worth not only for DXers. This book should be in the shack. It is one of the publications setting standards in ham radio. Highly recommended!

K4SHF Rating: 5/5 Mar 23, 2006 08:08 Send this review to a friend
Gotta have it  Time owned: more than 12 months
I've read this book cover to cover twice over two years. I have the original but Rod provides the updates for free on his website.

It is a very thorough treatise on the subject of working DX from a master that's been through it all. From planning and all that entails (time of day, time of year, propagation, etc) this book covers it all. I highly recommend it to anyone that needs a refresher or someone that is new to DXing and full of questions.

K3FIT Rating: 5/5 Nov 29, 2005 16:12 Send this review to a friend
My Encyclopedia!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
After being off the air for 36 years, I needed a quick refresher/summary of antennas, propagation, equipment and most of all - strategies for working dx and contests. This book is it!! Even nitty gritty like QSL'ing is covered. This book and the ac6v.com website are invaluable! A must have.

N6MD Rating: 5/5 Aug 2, 2005 21:46 Send this review to a friend
Just do it!  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
Folks, you can read all the reviews of this book. They are all true! Bottom line: This is a great book for every ham. Go buy a copy and read it. Go, on. Do it now!

W0QU Rating: 5/5 Jun 2, 2005 11:05 Send this review to a friend
Excellent book on DX  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
When I opened the box this book shipped in I was stunned by the depth of information so valuable to any aspiring DXer.

This is the best ham radio book in my collection. A supurb job of compiling an encyclopaedic condpendium about how to work rare DX.

KW4N Rating: 5/5 Apr 24, 2005 13:38 Send this review to a friend
"The-shelf-must-have"  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
This is the second of the most popular books on DXing that I bought for my grandson. And by FAR the best because it's broader in scope, more thorough in treatment of the subject, maps, specific references to equipment etc. etc. And it's thicker, bigger, and easier to read because of the way it's bound, it won't fall apart after turning the pages only three times. It's the ONLY one you will need. Unlike others, changes and updates are available on the author's website.
73's, Dave