Reviews Categories | Interfaces, Radio to computer, amp, rotor, coax switch, internet | Donner's Digital Interfaces Help

Reviews Summary for Donner's Digital Interfaces
Donner's Digital Interfaces Reviews: 105 Average rating: 4.8/5 MSRP: $40
Description: Very reasonably priced, quality manufactured radio to computer interfaces for PSK31, Hellschreiber, SSTV, MFSK, and all other sound card modes. Fast service too!
More info: http://www.donnerstore.com

You can write your own review of the Donner's Digital Interfaces.

KB3DIV Rating: 5/5 Oct 23, 2011 07:39 Send this review to a friend
Perfect  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I have an Alinco DX-SR8 and ordered the Donner interface. The product was delivered very fast and was installed in minutes. It works perfect and at a third of the cost of others on the market. I don't understand why anyone would pay more for and interface.

NL7W Rating: 4/5 Aug 6, 2011 15:28 Send this review to a friend
Really Good w/ Slight Mod  Time owned: more than 12 months
My TS-850S Kenwood Rig Control Interface works wonderfully when married to a TRENDNet TU-59 serial to USB interface and my desktop computer.

I did have to open up its small plastic case and install small ty-wraps on both cables -- to act as cable strain reliefs. Other than that, it bulletproof.

Don't hesitate to purchase. Just be aware that you may need to install simple cable strain reliefs.

73.

AA0CW Rating: 5/5 Aug 6, 2011 08:47 Send this review to a friend
Excellent  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I have an old Kenwood TS-520S hybrid tube rig and bought the Donners Digital Interface to see if I could work psk31 and RTTY. It took all of 5 minutes to connect everything to an old Dell laptop. Some tuning of the rig to get down to 5 watts and I was making psk31 QSO's. This thing just plain works!

KJ4QAN Rating: 5/5 Jul 27, 2011 19:58 Send this review to a friend
This thing is so easy to use.  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
My rig is a Yeasu FT-450 and I use Digipan on an Aspire One notebook. I glanced at the instructions, plugged it in, configured Digipan to use the serial port for PTT, and it worked! I already had a USB to Serial converter that I bought from Radio Shack, and that little adapter had already (long ago) downloaded the driver from it's website. So that part was already done. But Donner can sell you one too so order that one if you need it. I set Digipan for Configure > Serial port > PTT Interface dialog box...select COM4, check 'ICOM use CI-V' (04 IC735) and baud 1200. You're good to go! What a great little gadget.

W8JN Rating: 5/5 Jun 18, 2011 18:27 Send this review to a friend
Fantastic  Time owned: more than 12 months
Amazing inexpensive, best on the market for your rigs safety. Donner uses an optocoupler on tx and rx. NO DIRECT CONNECTION TO YOUR RIG! It does not get any better. Out of the box plug and play!

KB8PVY Rating: 5/5 Jun 13, 2011 05:20 Send this review to a friend
Great for SSTV  Time owned: more than 12 months
I've used a Donner Interface for years for SSTV nets. Works great! And I see they now have different length cables you can choose.

W7EKB Rating: 3/5 Mar 1, 2011 11:28 Send this review to a friend
OK.  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
I bought a Donner interface for my TS-940, and have tested it but have not, so far, used it. To my mind, the cables are much too long, and I really don't want to cut the cables and reattach the fittings. However, overall, it seems to be well made.

KI4WCQ says the following: "Really puzzled by a previous reviewer stating that the mic on the 706 had to be shorted before it would work."

The previous reviewer he mentioned was not clear: it is not that the mic HAD to be shorted, but that using the Donner interface as designed the mic input IS shorted by the Donner interface, so the operator cannot use the Donner AND his mic at the same time.

WB8ZCC Rating: 5/5 Feb 18, 2011 13:23 Send this review to a friend
Excellent!  Time owned: more than 12 months
I bought my Donner Digital Interface some 7-8 years ago for my Yaesu FT-817. It's worked like a champ from the moment I received it. And even though I no longer have the '817, I still have the interface!

And I can't say enough about Gary and Carolyn's service. Simply EXCELLENT! While on a business trip, I asked to have the interface shipped to my hotel. In 2 days, I had the interface and was working the digital modes from my hotel room. AWESOME!

A gem of a product, just like the proprietors!

KF7ELU Rating: 5/5 Nov 16, 2010 20:10 Send this review to a friend
Excellent for FT-450  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I purchased the digital interface with 6 pin mini din connection for my Yaesu FT-450 and its great! Less than 15 minutes from opening box to on the air. Would have been less minus fighting with Windows vista. Hi Hi. Interface works amazingly good and is very simple to setup and enjoy. I Highly recommend and would purchase again. Shipping was quick price is great and it works well. You cant go wrong there.

W7WO Rating: 5/5 Aug 11, 2010 14:26 Send this review to a friend
Perfect 5.0Plus  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I expected an uneventful experience when dealing with Donner. I ordered the IC-7000 interface on Sunday, received it Wednesday. I opened the package installed it in under five minutes and was on the air immediately. Quality is excellent, probably won't require service which I understand is flawless. This is a U.S.A. experience of the type that make this a great country. Thanks for being in business.

73 Bob w7wo