Reviews Categories | Ham Software - Other than logging | TrueTTY Help

Reviews Summary for TrueTTY
Reviews: 5 Average rating: 4.8/5 MSRP: $35
Description: Sound card based RTTY/ASCII/PSK31 and FEC
More info: http://www.dxsoft.com

You can write your own review of the TrueTTY.

WZ7I Rating: 5/5 Jan 21, 2010 10:38 Send this review to a friend
Most Sensitive RTTY Software?  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
This may be the most sensitive RTTY software available. I just finished some testing with the data available at http://mysite.verizon.net/wz7i/RTTY.html

Alex, VE3NEA, also did some testing with the data available at http://www.dxatlas.com/RttyCompare/

N0AH Rating: 5/5 Oct 4, 2002 16:04 Send this review to a friend
Customer Support A+++  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Being a newbie to RTTY, Sergei has helped me get going on things- The software is amazingly simple and if you READ the manual, it's even easier- You can not screw up if you use this with e RigBlaster Plus sound card- I like how simple it is to program for setting up with your rig and soundcard. I still can not figure out MRTTY to set up my sound card with- I tried all the programs that came with West Mountain Radio's Rig Blaster CD to test drive...this was the only one that set up without problems. Just make sure you use the AFC icon and you can't go wrong-

VK5LA Rating: 5/5 Sep 13, 2002 08:28 Send this review to a friend
Excellent!  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have been using TrueTTY for a while now and I am VERY Happy...
The RTTY decoding is the best of the soundcard software I have tried (believe me, I've tried lots!) and it will easily out-copy a PK232, Kam etc,etc.
The Hal P38 is the only thing so far that I have used that can decode better.
TrueTTY is very good at decoding PSK31 also.
As a general chit chat program for RTTY and PSK31 it is excellent. Lots of Macros allow great flexability within a qso and text can be cut and pasted between windows programs easily. I use it with WINLOG32 and it works wonderfully.
I have the registered version.
This software is reasonably priced and although it doesn't have rig control it is great value.
I hope Sergi UA9OSV will be adding this at a later date.
Please note that this is NOT full Blown RTTY contesting software. If you purchase it for this function you will be disappointed.

N1LF Rating: 5/5 Feb 28, 2002 01:31 Send this review to a friend
Perfect for MARS!  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
If you've recently joined MARS, I can
highly recommend this fine piece of software.
While it supports PSK-31, RTTY, and other
modes...it really shines on AMTOR FEC.

It is completely compatible with other Windows
applications, allows you to cut and paste
text from other software, and has a great
tuning display.

Compared to my stand alone PK-232MBX/DSP TNC,
I find that TrueTTY copies as good or better
even in very noisy conditions. Much easier to
use too. It's a shame that ARQ modes like
AMTOR ARQ and Pactor require timing that
Windows can't provide or I'd throw my
TNC away!

We use ARQ modes only to check traffic on regional mailboxes, but most day to day
traffic is handled in AMTOR FEC mode and
for that this software is hard to beat.

Great tech support, free upgrades, etc.
Best money I ever spent on software.

AC0X Rating: 4/5 Jan 18, 2002 17:28 Send this review to a friend
Best performing windows sound card RTTY  Time owned: more than 12 months
If you're looking for a good performing windows sound card RTTY program, this is the one. Although it doesn't quite reach the weak signal capabilities of RITTY (the famous DOS based program), it gets close. It's also simple to use and can be shrunk down to use little desktop space, unlike other programs that fill your screen up with redundant tuning indicators and fancy-schmancy buttons. It has the capabilities to run against multiple soundcards (for 2 radio contesting), it interfaces with various logbooks, and comes with a doc on how to interface via DLL to other logging programs. My only real nit with it is that I'd like to see it also run MFSK16 for a more "complete" solution.