Reviews Categories | Amplifiers: RF Power - 6M/VHF/UHF+ | Mirage B-5030-G Help

Reviews Summary for Mirage B-5030-G
Mirage B-5030-G Reviews: 7 Average rating: 4.0/5 MSRP: $$669.00
Description: The Mirage B-5030-G gives you 300 Watts of brute power for 50 Watts input on all modes -- FM, SSB, or CW!
Ideal for 20 to 60 Watt 2 Meter mobile or base. Power Curve chart shows typical output power.
Hear weak signals -- low noise GaAsFET preamp gives you excellent 0.6 dB noise figure. Select 15 or 20 dB gain.
Heavy-duty heatsink spans entire length of cabinet -- prevents overheating. Power transistors protected by Mirage's Therm-O-Guard.
Full protected from high SWR and excessive input power. has warning LED. has smooth adjustable Transmit/Receive switching with remote external keying.
Draws 48 amps at 13.8 VDC. Measures 12x12x5 inches.
More info: http://www.mirageamp.com/mirageamp/products.php?prodid=B-5030-G

You can write your own review of the Mirage B-5030-G.

DU3BKL Rating: 5/5 Nov 19, 2013 17:01 Send this review to a friend
Great amp!  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
nothing bad to say about this amp. I use it on my mobile. no one... I mean no one believes where I am when they ask me my location. From Subic to Manila and back, I got nothing but S9++ sigs. very happy with it. They should make more of these babies.
The pre-amp works fine but i never bothered to use it. if you have one of these babies, don't let it go.

N0AZZ Rating: 4/5 Nov 5, 2012 17:47 Send this review to a friend
Very Good Amp  Time owned: more than 12 months
This amp works better than most all other MFJ amps (HF) for sure. I use this amp with an Astron VS-70M power supply and 8ga wire to amp.

My all band all mode IC-9100 with 50w drive has a 358w output into my Bird wattmeter. I use it mostly for digital modes with about 300w output to a 34' yagi.

The one fault that it does have is a heat build-up during digital modes so I have placed (2) computer fans on top of the heat sink and that solves that problem nicely. They should offer an option to support a fan on the heat sink.

WD8MNX Rating: 4/5 Jan 30, 2011 17:57 Send this review to a friend
Good Amp for 2M  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I was hesitant at first in purchasing this 2m amplifier because of the reputaion here in the forums. So, I held my breath when I received the amp while setting it up with my station. The amplifier arrived well packed, no damage and no marks at all, from AES. To my pleasant surprise it has worked very well. I would recommend this to a friend but Mirage isn't very consistant with their quality from what I had read here in the forums. My new purchase has been working very well and I have had no issues with the amplifier's performance. The enclosure looks great with the rest of my equipment. I was careful in that making sure my SWR and input power levels were proper with what the instructions had relate.

F5DQK Rating: 3/5 Apr 21, 2007 07:57 Send this review to a friend
Robust amplifier but yield conversion to improve a little  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
A good and robust one well RF in protected, but its yield conversion and saturated output power could be a little better. With 13.8V stabilised supply it can give 352W RF sat output power with 39.4 Amps and 52W in, that's worse than the HL-350V Tokyo Hy Power and especially the TE 1452G (Excel curves on request). FSK441 at 1/2 output power is no problem with it, but you have to put a little +12 Volt fan cooler (computer one) on its radiator

N9SMN Rating: 5/5 Nov 26, 2006 11:57 Send this review to a friend
great solid state amp  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
I'm still using it... it's same as new. Never been fully driven at 50 watts, only 40. Even there, its output is 250 watts. It's hardly been used...I can't run it hard due to my apartment situation. It's been driven usually at 5 to 20 watts. It has only about 1 hour total xmit time on it. I have no problem with the quality of it in SSB as I've read on another review. I've rec'd Q5 reports as far as 400 miles using a pair of co-phased loop antennas.
Looking to sell it because I'm looking to get a tube amp with much higher output. If interested, email me at n9smn@comcast.net or call me at 847-814-4622. Thanks and 73!

AC5PS Rating: 2/5 Jan 26, 2002 11:02 Send this review to a friend
Not happy  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I got the 5030 from AES, it looked used! nicks on the heat sink. Output power was good 350+ but sounded terrible on SSB, it went back to AES.

KC4PX Rating: 5/5 Jan 21, 2002 15:53 Send this review to a friend
Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Received this brick amplifier the day before the ARRL January VHF-SS. It does take a BIG power supply to power this amp. I selected the Astron's RM-60A which can supply 55 Amps ICS (60 pounds). The manual says nominal power output is 300 watts with 50 watts drive, HOWEVER "Due to power transistor matching, some amplifiers may draw up to 50 amps and put out up to 350 watts R.F. power". With the FT-847 driving the amp, mine is at 375..... I'm satisfied.

When keeping the amp at 200 watts out for SSB in the VHF contest, it ran very cool.... only warm to the touch. Audio reports were fine... same with or without the amp in.

This is a nice amp for those who want modest power on VHF and not a tube amp... the KW comes later.