Reviews Categories | Towers, masts, accessories, climbing gear | The Mast Company Help

Reviews Summary for The Mast Company
The Mast Company Reviews: 13 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $aluminum tubes from 4.50; telesc
Description: Heavy Duty Aluminum and Fiberglass surplus masts
More info: http://www.tmastco.com/

You can write your own review of the The Mast Company.

K3TD Rating: 5/5 Feb 17, 2016 14:47 Send this review to a friend
Excellent products and service!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I recently purchased sections of mast from Henry for use as a center support for my 40-10 meter OCF dipole as well as a Par Omniangle for 6 meters. The aluminum mast sections are 48" long x 1.785" OD (1.57" ID), with the last 3.5" being an insert that is 1.55" OD so the sections can be stacked. The sections fit snugly with no wobble and are great for stacking.

The mast sections are painted with a heavy coat of flat green paint - perfect for my stealth antenna installation on my deed restricted lot! I'll be installing mine next to a tree for additional stealth. I used this same trick in Texas - 5 antennas there for 160 - 2 meters and none of my neighbors knew I had any antennas at all.

Henry gave me great advice along with excellent service. I'll be back when it is time to install my next 2 antennas!

W0BBI Rating: 5/5 Oct 1, 2014 07:52 Send this review to a friend
Exceeded Expectations  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I was looking for a simple support structure for some Dipole/Vee antennas when I came across the Vertical Antenna Kit. I exchanged a few notes with Henry and decided to purchase the kit. I also purchased the lanyard kit, storage bag, extension kit and molded blocks that allow the pole to attached to my deck.
The sections go together easily and I was able to handle the 34 ft alone with no problem and attached to my deck. While the kit includes guy collars, that are a perfect fit between the sections, if you are planning to use it as a freestanding support structure or as a vertical antenna, you will need to provide your own guys and anchors. This would make an excellent kit for field day.
Henry was very helpful and everything was carefully packaged. Everything arrived as promised in excellent, like new, unused
condition.

K7TEJ Rating: 5/5 May 12, 2013 19:54 Send this review to a friend
Great product & Service  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Recently getting into SOTA (Summits on the Air) and wanting to begin activating Summits, I needed a portable station I could backpack up the hills. I ordered the 22 foot telescoping mast from Henry to hold up my LNR EndFed Dipole.

His response to my initial inquiry was quick and his quote for shipping to my QTH reasonable. I subsequently placed the order, again confirmation was quick and I was advised of the expected ship date. A tracking number was provided once it shipped so I could follow it to my door. It arrived on schedule and in perfect condition.

It's light weight (3 lbs) is a definate plus while hiking. Setup at the summit was quick & easy (I mounted it on a piece of rebar pushed into the ground. It held up the antenna just fine, even in a slight breeze.

All in all, henry delivers a great product at a fair price with excellent service thrown in at no extra charge :). It was a pleasure doing business with him and I'd certainly recommend the mast Company to my friends.

73 Rick
K7TEJ

W0ALE Rating: 5/5 May 12, 2013 09:54 Send this review to a friend
Mast Sections  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I ordered 10 mast sections and also the 32-ft telescoping pole. This review is for the mast settions. I'll add one for the telescoping pole when I have a chance to deploy it.

These are high quality aluminum tubes at a great price. They are very sturdy & relatively lightweight (less than 3 lbs per section) and very easy to deploy.

Henry packs it very well, so everything arrives in great shape.

Mine is setup in a tripod so it is easy to put up and take down if needed. I just have a KB9VR Slim Jim mounted on it sitting up around 40'. I get much better tx/rcv than having it sitting on a 12' painter pole!

KJ3P Rating: 5/5 Jul 15, 2010 09:33 Send this review to a friend
Top Quality Masts & Service  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I ordered the "best" quality pole sections and they're excellent (I'm sure the "lesser" quality are fine, too, just worn a bit more...Henry's Web site explains, with sample photos). But Henry's added value of top-quality accessories (tilt base, guy rings, etc.), coupled with his detailed instructions and order follow-up make this an extremely satisfying purchase. If I were building the tilt base myself, I know I couldn't have done better.

This first mast will go up in a week or so, then I'll be back ordering another one! This company's fine service gives renewed confidence about doing business via mail order and the 'net.

KQ4YA Rating: 5/5 Jan 15, 2009 15:30 Send this review to a friend
Fast, dependable quality  Time owned: more than 12 months
I've ordered from Henry twice. The quality has always been terrific. And he asks customers to let him know as far as the condition of the order when it arrives - that doesn't happen often. So he's proactive in making sure everything is OK. And the mast sections? Terrific quality, very sturdy and in fine condition.

KY6R Rating: 5/5 Nov 15, 2008 19:24 Send this review to a friend
The Best!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Henry is the best to deal with - absolutely fantastic products, very fair prices, and great support. You won't find a nicer and more responsive amateur radio dealer out there. I purchased the 33' and the 15' extension mast. All pieces were "almost new" - top quality, very strong, very light to put up, and I will post some pictures soon at

I have 3 K1WA arrays hanging from this 48' mast - which I've mounted on my deck - which is 6' above ground. A total of 51' of height.

W4OP Rating: 5/5 Mar 20, 2007 20:45 Send this review to a friend
Great Product/ Great Service  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I just received 4 of the 48" aluminum masts from Henry. Fast delivery and very good communications
These masts are perfect for extending out the top of Rohn 25G towers.
Dale W4OP

N9OH Rating: 5/5 Nov 3, 2006 19:05 Send this review to a friend
Good Product, Fair Price  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I ordered 10 sections of the aluminum mast from Henry / TMC. I ordered on a Saturday and had the product before the next weekend so I could set it up before ARRL Sweepstakes. Also, it was only $15 to ship via FedEx, which is a very fair price! The pieces were in very good condition and went together nicely.

I tried to find millitary surplus push-up masts locally but just couldn't find any after calling around to a handful of local surplus stores. TMC has the market cornered. :)

WB8BRC Rating: 5/5 Jun 4, 2003 18:17 Send this review to a friend
Excellent product!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I just received my 20 sections of mast that I ordered from Henry. I did not order his best quality (new or like new) but I have to tell you that what I received is in perfect condition and if I wanted to put a coat of paint on them they would pass as 'new'. Thanks Henry for providing this service. Now I have to start working on my wire antennas!