Reviews Categories | Towers, masts, accessories, climbing gear | The Mast Company Help

Reviews Summary for The Mast Company
The Mast Company Reviews: 11 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $aluminum tubes from 4.50; telesc
Description: Heavy Duty Aluminum and Fiberglass surplus masts
More info: http://www.tmastco.com/

You can write your own review of the The Mast Company.

K7TEJ Rating: 5/5 May 12, 2013 19:54 Send this review to a friend
Great product & Service  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Recently getting into SOTA (Summits on the Air) and wanting to begin activating Summits, I needed a portable station I could backpack up the hills. I ordered the 22 foot telescoping mast from Henry to hold up my LNR EndFed Dipole.

His response to my initial inquiry was quick and his quote for shipping to my QTH reasonable. I subsequently placed the order, again confirmation was quick and I was advised of the expected ship date. A tracking number was provided once it shipped so I could follow it to my door. It arrived on schedule and in perfect condition.

It's light weight (3 lbs) is a definate plus while hiking. Setup at the summit was quick & easy (I mounted it on a piece of rebar pushed into the ground. It held up the antenna just fine, even in a slight breeze.

All in all, henry delivers a great product at a fair price with excellent service thrown in at no extra charge :). It was a pleasure doing business with him and I'd certainly recommend the mast Company to my friends.

73 Rick
K7TEJ

W0ALE Rating: 5/5 May 12, 2013 09:54 Send this review to a friend
Mast Sections  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I ordered 10 mast sections and also the 32-ft telescoping pole. This review is for the mast settions. I'll add one for the telescoping pole when I have a chance to deploy it.

These are high quality aluminum tubes at a great price. They are very sturdy & relatively lightweight (less than 3 lbs per section) and very easy to deploy.

Henry packs it very well, so everything arrives in great shape.

Mine is setup in a tripod so it is easy to put up and take down if needed. I just have a KB9VR Slim Jim mounted on it sitting up around 40'. I get much better tx/rcv than having it sitting on a 12' painter pole!

KJ3P Rating: 5/5 Jul 15, 2010 09:33 Send this review to a friend
Top Quality Masts & Service  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I ordered the "best" quality pole sections and they're excellent (I'm sure the "lesser" quality are fine, too, just worn a bit more...Henry's Web site explains, with sample photos). But Henry's added value of top-quality accessories (tilt base, guy rings, etc.), coupled with his detailed instructions and order follow-up make this an extremely satisfying purchase. If I were building the tilt base myself, I know I couldn't have done better.

This first mast will go up in a week or so, then I'll be back ordering another one! This company's fine service gives renewed confidence about doing business via mail order and the 'net.

KQ4YA Rating: 5/5 Jan 15, 2009 15:30 Send this review to a friend
Fast, dependable quality  Time owned: more than 12 months
I've ordered from Henry twice. The quality has always been terrific. And he asks customers to let him know as far as the condition of the order when it arrives - that doesn't happen often. So he's proactive in making sure everything is OK. And the mast sections? Terrific quality, very sturdy and in fine condition.

KY6R Rating: 5/5 Nov 15, 2008 19:24 Send this review to a friend
The Best!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Henry is the best to deal with - absolutely fantastic products, very fair prices, and great support. You won't find a nicer and more responsive amateur radio dealer out there. I purchased the 33' and the 15' extension mast. All pieces were "almost new" - top quality, very strong, very light to put up, and I will post some pictures soon at

I have 3 K1WA arrays hanging from this 48' mast - which I've mounted on my deck - which is 6' above ground. A total of 51' of height.

W4OP Rating: 5/5 Mar 20, 2007 20:45 Send this review to a friend
Great Product/ Great Service  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I just received 4 of the 48" aluminum masts from Henry. Fast delivery and very good communications
These masts are perfect for extending out the top of Rohn 25G towers.
Dale W4OP

N9OH Rating: 5/5 Nov 3, 2006 19:05 Send this review to a friend
Good Product, Fair Price  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I ordered 10 sections of the aluminum mast from Henry / TMC. I ordered on a Saturday and had the product before the next weekend so I could set it up before ARRL Sweepstakes. Also, it was only $15 to ship via FedEx, which is a very fair price! The pieces were in very good condition and went together nicely.

I tried to find millitary surplus push-up masts locally but just couldn't find any after calling around to a handful of local surplus stores. TMC has the market cornered. :)

WB8BRC Rating: 5/5 Jun 4, 2003 18:17 Send this review to a friend
Excellent product!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I just received my 20 sections of mast that I ordered from Henry. I did not order his best quality (new or like new) but I have to tell you that what I received is in perfect condition and if I wanted to put a coat of paint on them they would pass as 'new'. Thanks Henry for providing this service. Now I have to start working on my wire antennas!

N1IV Rating: 5/5 Jul 16, 2002 22:37 Send this review to a friend
Nice!  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
These masts are great for an Emergency Communications antenna support. Henry was very helpful and got the mast to us quickly. We've since used it at 2 Ham Radio demos, an Emergency Tornado drill and at Field Day for our G.O.T.A Station. The aluminum is strong and in very good shape and assembles very easily. Very worthwhile purchase!

KG4RXW Rating: 5/5 Jun 8, 2002 13:50 Send this review to a friend
Excellent fiberglass telescoping pole  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Henry, K4TMC, has added fiberglass telescoping poles to his stackable aluminum tubing line. I recently ordered one. It's attractive (deep metallic green), lightweight, sturdy and extremely easy to put up and take down. I'm using a Radio Shack 3-foot tripod mount for a base at home.

I've tested it as a center support pole for a 80 meter inverted-V dipole; adjusting the height for Near Vertical Incidence Skywave (NVIS) testing. I have used it to attached one end of a Par End-Fedz 20 meter antenna. I attached a 100' wire for medium wave (Broadcast Band) use and moved it around to test reception.

I will be using it with a "Field Day" antenna at a rental cabin in the mountains. I plan on attaching a small flag/windsock and seeing how "stealthy" it is as an antenna support at a beach condo.

I gave it a 5 because it met and exceeded my expectations