Reviews Categories | Towers, masts, accessories, climbing gear | The Mast Company Help

Reviews Summary for The Mast Company
The Mast Company Reviews: 13 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $aluminum tubes from 4.50; telesc
Description: Heavy Duty Aluminum and Fiberglass surplus masts
More info: http://www.tmastco.com/

You can write your own review of the The Mast Company.

N1IV Rating: 5/5 Jul 16, 2002 22:37 Send this review to a friend
Nice!  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
These masts are great for an Emergency Communications antenna support. Henry was very helpful and got the mast to us quickly. We've since used it at 2 Ham Radio demos, an Emergency Tornado drill and at Field Day for our G.O.T.A Station. The aluminum is strong and in very good shape and assembles very easily. Very worthwhile purchase!

KG4RXW Rating: 5/5 Jun 8, 2002 13:50 Send this review to a friend
Excellent fiberglass telescoping pole  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Henry, K4TMC, has added fiberglass telescoping poles to his stackable aluminum tubing line. I recently ordered one. It's attractive (deep metallic green), lightweight, sturdy and extremely easy to put up and take down. I'm using a Radio Shack 3-foot tripod mount for a base at home.

I've tested it as a center support pole for a 80 meter inverted-V dipole; adjusting the height for Near Vertical Incidence Skywave (NVIS) testing. I have used it to attached one end of a Par End-Fedz 20 meter antenna. I attached a 100' wire for medium wave (Broadcast Band) use and moved it around to test reception.

I will be using it with a "Field Day" antenna at a rental cabin in the mountains. I plan on attaching a small flag/windsock and seeing how "stealthy" it is as an antenna support at a beach condo.

I gave it a 5 because it met and exceeded my expectations

WB2EOO Rating: 5/5 Jan 23, 2002 21:16 Send this review to a friend
Handy & well priced  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I purchased both the Aluminum and Fiberglass versions of these military surplus masts. They assemble in basically 5 foot sections, 1 3/4" OD and they mate between materials. Great to build verticals with or as I am doing supporting the end of a wire array, giving it elevation off the roof. Henry is great to deal with, provides a range of material at a good value and is very reasonable on his shipping charges. Fast too! Good for Field Day antennas....