Reviews Categories | Power Supplies | Tripp lite power supplies Help

Reviews Summary for Tripp lite power supplies
Tripp lite power supplies Reviews: 40 Average rating: 3.0/5 MSRP: $Tripp lite PR30
Description: Tripp lite power supplies

You can write your own review of the Tripp lite power supplies.

N4YX Rating: 3/5 Feb 9, 2017 04:46 Send this review to a friend
PR25a  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have a PR25a. Used it for over 30 years successfully. However, when it finally needed service I, like many before me, received the "cold shoulder" from Tripp Lite. Now in reality the design of the PR25a is no mystery but it's amazing the company goes out of their way to not assist. Ask for a schematic & it's like asking for the Holy Grail.

W9FI Rating: 5/5 Dec 21, 2014 17:50 Send this review to a friend
Reliable, rugged  Time owned: more than 12 months
I've had a PR-20 in daily operation for over 20 years, without the slightest problem. It routinely provides 10-15 total amps to my station accessories without any voltage sags. It has no RFI, nor does it induce any hum into the surrounding equipment on its shelf. My only criticism is that occasionally it gives a mechanical hum when it's first powered up. This goes away immediately and within a couple of seconds it sits there, silent.

I'd recommend this unit to others without hesitation.

K4JPN Rating: 5/5 Dec 21, 2014 14:25 Send this review to a friend
Good  Time owned: more than 12 months
Purchased mine 2nd hand 10 years ago,after giving up on trying to keep the rf out of my Astron 7A. I put a powerline filter on the input of the Astron 7A and ferrite filters on the output, but could not keep the rf out of it on 80 and 160 running only 10W with a good 50 ohm dummy load let alone an antenna. Bought a Tripp Lite 7A power supply and had it for 10 years, and never had a bit of problem with it. Only wish I could get a schematic and manual for it.

N0PQK Rating: 5/5 Apr 6, 2014 19:00 Send this review to a friend
PR-40  Time owned: more than 12 months
Purchased second hand in 1996. Still working flawlessly in 2014. Never had an issue. On 24 hours a day, 365 days a year since 1996. (That is 18 years.)

Currently powering an Icom 756 Pro 2, two Icom 746's, and an Icom 7100. These radios are on all the time.

N4AEQ Rating: 5/5 Sep 21, 2012 02:05 Send this review to a friend
Great HD supply  Time owned: more than 12 months
I don't know about the other models but my 10amp
version is built like a tank it's heavier and
holds 13.8v under 10a load much better than my Pyramid 14amp. I have Astron 20 & 50a, Pyramid 14 & 25 and the Tripp Lite 10a, the Pyramid 25 is ok, the 14 sucks, both the Astrons and Trip Lite are great. Reading some of the reviews the 10amp model must be one of Trip Lites better supplies.

KD7YVV Rating: 1/5 May 7, 2012 14:07 Send this review to a friend
Cannot Recommend  Time owned: more than 12 months
What kind of company sells power supplies,
does not repair them, and basically tells you
to take it to a local radio shop? In other words,
Too bad, so sad, it's someone else's problem?
Tripp Lite, that's who. They don't release
schematics either. I can say I will never buy
another Tripp Lite product. Granted this PR-40b
worked well for 7 years, but I've never left it
on full time, and I'd have to say that at most
it has about 9 months to a year use.
Even though customer service was nice, I just
can't recommend anyone buy a product they don't
stand behind.

K5REZ Rating: 0/5 Apr 2, 2012 14:20 Send this review to a friend
*POOF*  Time owned: more than 12 months
I bought a Tripp Lite at Belton in 2011, looked like brand new. Used it for 1 ARRL field day and then put it back in the closet. Lent it to a fellow ham - he turned it on and *POOF* - it died.

$50 for a like new, show-room clean Tripp Lite? Waste of $40. I figure I got about $10 worth of use out of it during field day. Thank goodness it didn't ruin a radio.

WB8YZN Rating: 5/5 Nov 12, 2009 14:11 Send this review to a friend
Good analog 40 amp  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
This PR-40 is the second one I have owned. Sold the first one and got a switching Power Supply which has failed and sent in for Warrenty repair.
The PR-40 has effective Convective cooling and low ripple and good regulation .

K5KMC Rating: 5/5 Sep 24, 2009 17:46 Send this review to a friend
QUIET!!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I've only had my PR-50 about a month. VERY quiet, both acoustically and electrically. Very heavy (est 40 pounds), had to reinforce the shelf it sits on. I upgraded from a Radio Shack 25amp. The Tripp-Lite is SO much quieter- Love it! And, for me anyway, 50 amps is enough to power everything at once.

NV8G Rating: 3/5 Jul 3, 2009 10:24 Send this review to a friend
o.k. psu  Time owned: more than 12 months
First, let me say that the Tripp-lite series of PSUs, was never designed specifically for Ham radios. That said, I find it to be an O.K. PSU. Yes, I had RF issues, but the fix posted by N6MUK fixed it right up. Let me also say, that I think Astron makes an "Excellent" PSU, and I am in no way comparing Tripp-lite to Astron. I too, want an Astron. But, in all fairness to Tripp-lite, my PR-40 is 5 years old and has no other issues except the RF issue. And, as I said, that was easily fixed.