Reviews Categories | Antennas: VHF/UHF+ Directional (Yagi, quad, etc.) | Arrow Antenna 146-4/3 Help

Reviews Summary for Arrow Antenna 146-4/3
Arrow Antenna 146-4/3 Reviews: 13 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $59
Description: Arrow II Backpack Portable 3 or 4 Element Yagi
More info: http://www.arrowantennas.com

You can write your own review of the Arrow Antenna 146-4/3.

N0RQ Rating: 5/5 Dec 29, 2003 11:01 Send this review to a friend
great DF antenna  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
I bought the 146-3 handheld 2m beam. It seems to be well-built, and my girls love the colorful purple elements. More importantly, it works very well.

My purpose for it is direction-finding. I needed to hunt down power-pole noise, and I've already identified 2 very noisy poles, which the power company has fixed. (The Yaesu FT-50R on AM mode with this ant works wonders.) I've also used it to hunt down a spurious signal that was getting into our club repeater. (Turned out to be a bad TV preamp.) With this antenna and the Arrow attentuator kit, it made finding the rogue signal almost easy.

It doesn't get used very often (thankfully), but when it is needed, it is there and does what it should.

KD7OED Rating: 5/5 Jun 1, 2002 19:10 Send this review to a friend
Terrific Tactical Two-Meter Antenna!  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
Agree with all of KF6WOR comments - the guys at Arrow Antennas are a pleasure to deal with and make products that are top quality! Al Lowe (N0IMW) made one of these 146-4/3 antennas for me even though they plan on discontinuing this model. I use mine mostly in the hand-held mode with my HT while hiking - I can put it together in less than a minute. It is quite durable - I have dropped it several times with minimal damage. The elements are made from Easton 1816 aluminim arrow shafts that would be very easy to replace if needed. Am extremely happy with my 146-4/3 and plan to purchase a 146/437-10WBP to work the satellites!

AG6PC Rating: 5/5 May 23, 2002 02:49 Send this review to a friend
Good antenna, good company!  Time owned: more than 12 months
The antenna boom is made from 6061 aluminum square tubing with rounded corners with round copper pipe at the joints and breaks apart in three sections. The elements are made from actual aluminum arrow shafts that are strong, light weight and quite colorfull with an interesting pattern. The boom slides together and the elements have a screw that passes through the boom and into the matching eement on the other side. a few twists of the wrist and you have a four element yagi with a BNC connector and using an efficient gamma match system that results in and antenna with a low SWR.

Additionally the antenna can be configured for handheld operation by eliminating one of the directors and installing the boom section with a foam handle on the rear of the boom. This gives you a three element directional handheld yagi.

This antenna is excellent for ARES/RACES events. It quickly assembles and disassembles in about a minute. I store mine in an old drafting drawing tube that I picked up at a garage sale.

Arrow antennas are light weight, good quality and produced by an American company that is tops in service and support. I highly recommend this company and it's products.

Regards,