Reviews Categories | Interfaces, Radio to computer, amp, rotor, coax switch, internet | SignaLink by Tigertronics Help

Reviews Summary for SignaLink by Tigertronics
SignaLink by Tigertronics Reviews: 104 Average rating: 4.7/5 MSRP: $49.95
Description: Tigertronics has developed the SignaLink™ Interface to help you take advantage of this cutting edge technology. SignaLink™ bridges the gap between your computer and your radio to provide the highest level of performance in all the new modes. In addition to delivering basic functions found in other units, the SignaLink™ provides advanced features and design innovations that set it apart from all the rest!
More info: http://www.tigertronics.com/

You can write your own review of the SignaLink by Tigertronics.

KK2DOG Rating: 5/5 Sep 5, 2014 23:37 Send this review to a friend
FANTASTIC !  Time owned: more than 12 months
I've been using the Signalink USB for about two years now and it works GREAT! Prior to that, I've used two other interfaces that simply didn't cut the mustard. The Signalink USB has it's own built-in sound card, so once you disconnect it after use, your computer soundcard settings revert to where they were.

Definately TWO thumbs up!

AA4PB Rating: 5/5 May 12, 2014 14:48 Send this review to a friend
Signalink-USB still going  Time owned: more than 12 months
I've had my SignaLink-USB since they first hit the market several years ago. I've used it with a couple of different Icom radios, an XP computer, and a new Windows7 computer. I've never had a problem of any type with it. The Windows7 computer even came with a pre-installed driver so I just plugged it in and it worked.

It sure makes a "cleaner" solution than a sound card, a typical interface, and a bundle of interconnecting wires. And - I don't have to worry about accidentally transmitting Windows beeps and sounds.

W5KG Rating: 5/5 May 12, 2014 12:03 Send this review to a friend
Great ans easy to use  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
I have had two of these units and they both work very well. Easy to set up. No need to spend more on the pre-made jumper plugs. The jumpers were easy to do for the different rigs.
I like the fact that you did not have to lower the output with the rig just used the Signalink.
I would buy again if needed one for PSK31,but my FTdx3000D does it for me.
I have discovered that if you have a bad attitude when calling service, more than likely the person you are calling will have the same coming back at you.
Don, W5KG

WA7NDD Rating: 5/5 May 11, 2014 20:34 Send this review to a friend
The most versatile interface!  Time owned: more than 12 months
Used on several radios worked every time, made data communications easy, fun, and quick. Even though my TS-590s can run data with out it, the transmit/receive adjustments on the front of the unit stops a bunch of menu and computer sound card adjustments. Just setup your data software accordingly.

N6BIZ Rating: 5/5 May 11, 2014 18:53 Send this review to a friend
EXCELLENT   Time owned: more than 12 months
WAY TO EASY TO SET UP ...DOES IT ALL ...
NEVER A PROBLEM... WHY BUY ANYTHING ELSE!!!

NA5XX Rating: 5/5 May 11, 2014 18:49 Send this review to a friend
Great product. Easy to set up  Time owned: more than 12 months
Purchased a signaling to use with my SG-2020. It happens to use the same jumper settings as Kenwood. This was fortunate as I later came across and bought a used Kenwood radio. The Signalink is easy to setup and use. Out of box to on air in 30 min. At the time I purchased mine, Tigertronics had them on back order. Got mine from DX Engineering and had it in 3 days.

KG6ABF Rating: 0/5 May 11, 2014 15:43 Send this review to a friend
Lousy and rude Support? What Support!  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
Purchased a new in the box SignaLink usb unit along with cables to fit the following rigs;
TS-940SAT
TS-2000
FT-920
FT-857
IC-7000
IC-9100

Cable + Approx $20.00 with tax each

Now add the price of the chips for each brand:
$10 with tax each

Unit= $100 plus tax so about $110.00 or so..
Tried using the chips for the Yaesu units and the Icom units, next tried configuring the box with jumper wires according to the web page. After trying for about 2 months as I can't call everyday I had to call when I had time approximately 3 dozen times and got busy signals, finally got through AFTER going through sales department transfer. Spoke with Technical Specialist Jason (rude) and after spending what he claimed was 20 minutes (WOW 20 minutes) on the phone the unit was bad. I knew that before I called. He informed me the unit's warranty was only 90 days and since I had purchased it longer than 90 days prior to my call it would not be covered. It would cost me $50.00 for a new board, also cost shipping and insurance both ways at my expense along with the cost of the cables and chips $10.00 per chip with tax and almost $20.00 per cable added up to over $200.00 bucks. Well after a friend suggested trying the sound card in my laptop and plugging it into my Heil adapter, guess what all the software including HRD works!. So save the money since the Tigertronics box is nothing but an outboard sound card with a couple of knobs, use the computer's built in sound card a simple mini jack to mini jack 99 cent cable and a Heil adapter or make your own for less than $10 bucks and save the grief and having to speak with their so called customer support department! IF you already have the adapter for a Heil mic with the push to talk just hook up the mini jack used for the mic input, radio in vox mode, set the levels which you have to do anyway even when using the tigertronics little metal junk box and you will find once set you are good to go. So it boils down to either buy the Rig Blaster that does work and comes with the cables included or just use your computer's sound card with a couple of inexpensive cables and don't suffer the grief of trying to make the broken DOA SignaLink work. remember why waste the time and the money on a new one when you can buy the used one from the last guy who found out they don't work and it will cost you much less, or better still just use the computer's card you already have and for go the grief. Of course you will miss the wonderful experience of hearing Jason or another wonderful tech at Tigertronics complain and treat you so poorly and also miss out on finding out you wasted the money on something you can't sell for half of the new price on the next person who will give you a bad review when they get your piece of junk you dumped after the warranty has run out.

Of course you can ignore this review and then wish you hadn't when you spend your hard earned cash on that swap meet bargin or even better pay tax plus retail for a new Dead in the Box one at your local Ham Retail Outlet, you decide...
Cheers

AC2FO Rating: 5/5 Feb 13, 2014 19:49 Send this review to a friend
Easy To Set-Up and Use  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I bought the plug in module and it made it a breeze and I also bought the cable for my radio.

I first saw all the documentation and thought it was going to be a pain, quite the opposite, they tell you every step, but the module and cable made it a snap t install and it works like a champ. got mine at dx engineering.

26JLH Rating: 5/5 Jan 21, 2014 12:39 Send this review to a friend
bloody good  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
i have tried them all and this one is the best
100 pounds i have ever spent i had it working in no time and feel as if this is what i have needed all along.
i was a little unsure if i wanted to pay all this dosh for a sound card in a posh box.
i can say this its a good bit of kit and i will recommend this gadget all day long.
jeff m0prf ..

N0ZC Rating: 5/5 Dec 29, 2013 11:51 Send this review to a friend
Works perfectly with Linux (Fedora 19) and my TS-990S  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I got the version that connects to the ACC 13-pin port on the back of the TS-990S. That gives me a nice clean connection where my headset can stay connected to the mike jack on the front of the 990.

Jumpers (included) were easy to set for the 990. Fedora 19 recognized the "USB Audio" connection and I configured it in fldigi.

Setup took about 10 minutes. The important things are to make sure you're using the jumper settings meant for YOUR radio and take your time.

I like that I can adjust TX and RX levels (and delay time) directly on the SignaLink unit.