Reviews Categories | Interfaces, Radio to computer, amp, rotor, coax switch, internet | SignaLink by Tigertronics Help

Reviews Summary for SignaLink by Tigertronics
SignaLink by Tigertronics Reviews: 93 Average rating: 4.7/5 MSRP: $49.95
Description: Tigertronics has developed the SignaLink™ Interface to help you take advantage of this cutting edge technology. SignaLink™ bridges the gap between your computer and your radio to provide the highest level of performance in all the new modes. In addition to delivering basic functions found in other units, the SignaLink™ provides advanced features and design innovations that set it apart from all the rest!
More info: http://www.tigertronics.com/

You can write your own review of the SignaLink by Tigertronics.

WA7KGX Rating: 4/5 Nov 15, 2013 09:36 Send this review to a friend
Bad documentation  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
After seeing a fellow ham use a Signalink USB I decided to pick one up for use with my new FT-817.

Both 64 bit Linux and 64 bit Windows 7 recognized the Signalink USB automatically. No problems getting WSPR to use the device.

Looking at the documentation I came across a suggestion of straight across jumper wiring for the FT-817. This caused the FT-817 to mute its audio when connected. I removed the offending jumper and WSPR started working but the receive audio was very weak and full of hum.

Some hours later I tracked the problem to an incorrect jumper configuration. The Signalink is now working perfectly, but in that time I could have put together my own interface out of junk box parts and saved $100.

K1FPV Rating: 5/5 May 11, 2013 10:22 Send this review to a friend
Works Well With All Radios  Time owned: more than 12 months
I've had my SignaLink USB now for 6 years and must say, it was the easiest accessory to hook up to all my transceivers. I'm using it on a Ten-Tec Argonaut V, Jupiter, Omni VII, Orion II, Kenwood TS-2000, TS-590, and YES a Yaesu FT-2000.

I'm connected through the accessory connectors on the rear of each transceiver to an old analog 8 position A/V switch. The A/V switch switches the RX/TX/PTT (I use the L & R audio and video ports on the switch) lines from the SignaLink to each transceiver. You must be sure you have the menu's set on each transceiver for connection to the device via the transceiver port. Then be sure you adjust the levels.

I've had terrific results on PSK-31, AFSK, Olivia, and JT-65 to name a few modes. It is simple to use when set up and with the A/V switch, and easy to change radios just be pushing a button.

One great little device!

Bill
K1FPV

VK5STU Rating: 5/5 May 11, 2013 05:27 Send this review to a friend
Simple-Easy-Reliable  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
Very simple to setup and get running once you get your head around what the jumpers are actually doing for you. I have mine connected to an old RJ45 switchbox and simply switch between an IC7062G and an FT847. I have wired the jumpers through and have configured the connecting cables appropriately.

Simple to use under XP and Win7. One tip I will share is that under Win7( did not try XP) you can rename the audio devices (just right click on the device, select Properties and you can change name in the text box). This way you can reduce your chance of selecting the wrong device by given the devices names you will recognise (i.e. Digital OUT to Radio).

The quality of build is good. I have fat fingers so would have liked larger knobs, but they are not really practical on a device of this size.

All in all - great, simple product that works well and is almost set and forget.

N0FPE Rating: 5/5 May 11, 2013 05:10 Send this review to a friend
excellent  Time owned: more than 12 months
Have had my unit for a few years now. First on a TS-2000 anda TS-2000X now on a 756PROII. HAs worked first time everytime. Using the correct cable set up was a snap. Have tried all kinds of different software. All worked flawlessly. Was in no way hard to set up. Prefer FLdigi but others work just as well. Most problems seem to be on the computer end, incorrect settings etc.
I think I will buy another one for my FT-897 portable use. And the price point is one of the best in the market for the capability of the product! A++++ on this

K7HXI Rating: 5/5 May 10, 2013 17:32 Send this review to a friend
Great Product with Great Support  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I just received my Signalink USB in the mail with the cables and jumper module for hookup to my also brand new KX3. This is my first toe into the water(fall) of digital operating modes. I just spent an hour total in two phone calls to Signalink's tech support (541-862-2639). They held my hand and talked me through my very first hookup for sound card control of a radio. They were patient, crystal clear on the step by steps and totally supportive. And they didn't get the least bit fussed that all of the questions I asked were actually answered by their web page resources and documents. Is this sound card control/digital modes stuff all new to you too? Buy a Signalink with the set up hardware for your Transceiver, READ ALL OF THE SIGNALINK DOCUMENTATION in the package and on their webpage, and if you're still lost, call them. They will help!

VE3HUT Rating: 2/5 May 10, 2013 16:36 Send this review to a friend
Doesn't work well with Yaesu FT2000D  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
The SignaLink USB unit is compact and well designed, and the instructions that come with it seem good and clear. I followed, and then twice rechecked, the set up instructions paying particular attention to the position and installation of the jumper wires as specified for the Yaesu FT2000. Works really well on receive, but the Signalink USB FAILS to communicate with the radio on transmit. Though the relay unit in the Signalink switched to PTT, the PPT signal is lost between the Signalink an the radio. I have Googled this problem and tried all of the available suggestions to no avail. MY CONCLUSION--DON'T USE THE SIGNALINK USB WITH A YAESU FT2000D! My Sinalink, just bought 2 weeks ago, is available to anyone who will give me 80% of the original price.

KT4EP Rating: 5/5 Feb 27, 2012 16:56 Send this review to a friend
Nice little box  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Ordered by telephone, nice help at Tigertronics over the line, lady knew just what I needed. Easy set-up, I have it on my Yaesu FT-840 that I bought in 1993 and running fldigi working good with Linux Ubuntu and Windows XP. I can't get it working with HRD/DM780. It does with digipan. Obviously my problem in setting up.

Great instructions both that came with the box and on the website. I should have bought this instead of my rigblaster pnp that I use with my Yaesu 817nd however now I can get both radios on the air at once.

Be careful plugging the jumpers in - most fragile part of the operation.

KC2RGW Rating: 5/5 Dec 3, 2011 19:14 Send this review to a friend
Fantastic, I now own two of them. This is the one to get  Time owned: more than 12 months
I've built my own interfaces and I've bought the old style with the separate audio and serial lines.

By far this is the easiest and most convenient interface to use and the quality of the soundcard is just fantastic, if any calibration is ever done they are just a hair off where computer cards generally need a fair bit of correction and definitely need the calibration routines run.

I now own two of them, one dedicated on my TS-2000 via the 13 pin DIN and one on a VHF/UHF 8800-R via the mini DIN. The one on the HF rig has a few years of regular digi use on it now.

I use it for many things.

Soundcard packet radio
digital modes for PSK/Olivia etc
I wrote apps to use as an auto IDer
I wrote an app to use it as a voice keyer
I use it via Skype for remote base VOX audio
I've used it to send computer processed audio into the rig.

They are a very handy tool for people who like to fiddle around with radio.

For the voice keyer and IDer, you simply need to record some .wav files and on a timer play them to the Signalink as the output device instead of your speakers. In linux in particular this is very easy to do with command line audio players.

If your rig has a data jack you can use, I strongly recommend you interface it that way. One of the great things with this interface is that you can just leave it connected without having to monkey around connecting and disconnecting things when you want to run digi. I work digi much more often now as a result.

N1ZHE Rating: 5/5 Dec 3, 2011 16:30 Send this review to a friend
Great Product, Where is the "6" Rating??  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Even though as of this writing I've owned this product for only a week, I feel qualified to write the following review. I've been using sound card interfaced digital modes since the mid to late 1990's with a variety of interfaces as mentioned.

I use a Mac with fldigi. My Mac also dual-boots to a Win7 partition where I use HRD and DM780.

Sometimes on my Mac I also use JT65-HF. There is no Mac version so I have to run it with a program called Wine which allows me to run SOME Windows programs.

To make it all work, I had two interfaces. A Ten-Tec 712 for the Windows side and a Buxcom Rascal for the Mac side.

Now I only need ONE interface - the SignaLink USB!

I really like the easy setup for my Ten-Tec Omni VII. I especially like the knobs up front.

When I used the old interfaces it always seemed the output power level, when adjusted with the volume control, was set in "notches", i.e., it was not smooth in it's setting. In other words I might be able to easily set my output power to 30 watts but the next "notch" would be maybe 42 watts.

The SignaLink USB's Tx knob makes this very smooth. I can literally set my output anywhere I want.

THANK YOU Tigertronics for a great product, I wish I had discovered it sooner!

WB4GUD Rating: 5/5 Nov 10, 2011 14:34 Send this review to a friend
Great product, worth the $  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
It lives up to its rep as a plug-n-play unit. Setup was a little involved, but the instructions were right on the money. This box was highly recommended by the Winlink folks for Winmor for a good reason-it makes it so much easier than trying to struggle with a computer soundcard of questionable quality. I placed my order via phone and the lady was knowledgeable and helpful in making sure I got the correct cable and option block.

Howard