Reviews Categories | Interfaces, Radio to computer, amp, rotor, coax switch, internet | SignaLink by Tigertronics Help

Reviews Summary for SignaLink by Tigertronics
SignaLink by Tigertronics Reviews: 99 Average rating: 4.7/5 MSRP: $49.95
Description: Tigertronics has developed the SignaLink™ Interface to help you take advantage of this cutting edge technology. SignaLink™ bridges the gap between your computer and your radio to provide the highest level of performance in all the new modes. In addition to delivering basic functions found in other units, the SignaLink™ provides advanced features and design innovations that set it apart from all the rest!
More info: http://www.tigertronics.com/

You can write your own review of the SignaLink by Tigertronics.

NA5XX Rating: 5/5 May 11, 2014 18:49 Send this review to a friend
Great product. Easy to set up  Time owned: more than 12 months
Purchased a signaling to use with my SG-2020. It happens to use the same jumper settings as Kenwood. This was fortunate as I later came across and bought a used Kenwood radio. The Signalink is easy to setup and use. Out of box to on air in 30 min. At the time I purchased mine, Tigertronics had them on back order. Got mine from DX Engineering and had it in 3 days.

KG6ABF Rating: 0/5 May 11, 2014 15:43 Send this review to a friend
Lousy and rude Support? What Support!  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
Purchased a new in the box SignaLink usb unit along with cables to fit the following rigs;
TS-940SAT
TS-2000
FT-920
FT-857
IC-7000
IC-9100

Cable + Approx $20.00 with tax each

Now add the price of the chips for each brand:
$10 with tax each

Unit= $100 plus tax so about $110.00 or so..
Tried using the chips for the Yaesu units and the Icom units, next tried configuring the box with jumper wires according to the web page. After trying for about 2 months as I can't call everyday I had to call when I had time approximately 3 dozen times and got busy signals, finally got through AFTER going through sales department transfer. Spoke with Technical Specialist Jason (rude) and after spending what he claimed was 20 minutes (WOW 20 minutes) on the phone the unit was bad. I knew that before I called. He informed me the unit's warranty was only 90 days and since I had purchased it longer than 90 days prior to my call it would not be covered. It would cost me $50.00 for a new board, also cost shipping and insurance both ways at my expense along with the cost of the cables and chips $10.00 per chip with tax and almost $20.00 per cable added up to over $200.00 bucks. Well after a friend suggested trying the sound card in my laptop and plugging it into my Heil adapter, guess what all the software including HRD works!. So save the money since the Tigertronics box is nothing but an outboard sound card with a couple of knobs, use the computer's built in sound card a simple mini jack to mini jack 99 cent cable and a Heil adapter or make your own for less than $10 bucks and save the grief and having to speak with their so called customer support department! IF you already have the adapter for a Heil mic with the push to talk just hook up the mini jack used for the mic input, radio in vox mode, set the levels which you have to do anyway even when using the tigertronics little metal junk box and you will find once set you are good to go. So it boils down to either buy the Rig Blaster that does work and comes with the cables included or just use your computer's sound card with a couple of inexpensive cables and don't suffer the grief of trying to make the broken DOA SignaLink work. remember why waste the time and the money on a new one when you can buy the used one from the last guy who found out they don't work and it will cost you much less, or better still just use the computer's card you already have and for go the grief. Of course you will miss the wonderful experience of hearing Jason or another wonderful tech at Tigertronics complain and treat you so poorly and also miss out on finding out you wasted the money on something you can't sell for half of the new price on the next person who will give you a bad review when they get your piece of junk you dumped after the warranty has run out.

Of course you can ignore this review and then wish you hadn't when you spend your hard earned cash on that swap meet bargin or even better pay tax plus retail for a new Dead in the Box one at your local Ham Retail Outlet, you decide...
Cheers

AC2FO Rating: 5/5 Feb 13, 2014 19:49 Send this review to a friend
Easy To Set-Up and Use  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I bought the plug in module and it made it a breeze and I also bought the cable for my radio.

I first saw all the documentation and thought it was going to be a pain, quite the opposite, they tell you every step, but the module and cable made it a snap t install and it works like a champ. got mine at dx engineering.

26JLH Rating: 5/5 Jan 21, 2014 12:39 Send this review to a friend
bloody good  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
i have tried them all and this one is the best
100 pounds i have ever spent i had it working in no time and feel as if this is what i have needed all along.
i was a little unsure if i wanted to pay all this dosh for a sound card in a posh box.
i can say this its a good bit of kit and i will recommend this gadget all day long.
jeff m0prf ..

N0ZC Rating: 5/5 Dec 29, 2013 11:51 Send this review to a friend
Works perfectly with Linux (Fedora 19) and my TS-990S  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I got the version that connects to the ACC 13-pin port on the back of the TS-990S. That gives me a nice clean connection where my headset can stay connected to the mike jack on the front of the 990.

Jumpers (included) were easy to set for the 990. Fedora 19 recognized the "USB Audio" connection and I configured it in fldigi.

Setup took about 10 minutes. The important things are to make sure you're using the jumper settings meant for YOUR radio and take your time.

I like that I can adjust TX and RX levels (and delay time) directly on the SignaLink unit.

WW4MSK Rating: 5/5 Nov 25, 2013 16:21 Send this review to a friend
Works with win7/8 & kx3,ft-897d & 746pro  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
Over the last 10 years I've worked with a number of computers and sound card interfaces. Some have worked, others not so much. What works with this interface is removing the variable of the windows or mac sound card to provide a computer agnostic link to digital modes. Newer computers often have a shared mic/speaker port and the older interfaces require a little extra to make those work. Signalink connects to your computer via a single usb connection.

I have used all recent versions of windows (xp, 7, 8) and mac os x....no issues from my experience. Setting the jumpers did put me off a little since I use different systems, but it is well documented for any rig.

WA7KGX Rating: 4/5 Nov 15, 2013 09:36 Send this review to a friend
Bad documentation  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
After seeing a fellow ham use a Signalink USB I decided to pick one up for use with my new FT-817.

Both 64 bit Linux and 64 bit Windows 7 recognized the Signalink USB automatically. No problems getting WSPR to use the device.

Looking at the documentation I came across a suggestion of straight across jumper wiring for the FT-817. This caused the FT-817 to mute its audio when connected. I removed the offending jumper and WSPR started working but the receive audio was very weak and full of hum.

Some hours later I tracked the problem to an incorrect jumper configuration. The Signalink is now working perfectly, but in that time I could have put together my own interface out of junk box parts and saved $100.

K1FPV Rating: 5/5 May 11, 2013 10:22 Send this review to a friend
Works Well With All Radios  Time owned: more than 12 months
I've had my SignaLink USB now for 6 years and must say, it was the easiest accessory to hook up to all my transceivers. I'm using it on a Ten-Tec Argonaut V, Jupiter, Omni VII, Orion II, Kenwood TS-2000, TS-590, and YES a Yaesu FT-2000.

I'm connected through the accessory connectors on the rear of each transceiver to an old analog 8 position A/V switch. The A/V switch switches the RX/TX/PTT (I use the L & R audio and video ports on the switch) lines from the SignaLink to each transceiver. You must be sure you have the menu's set on each transceiver for connection to the device via the transceiver port. Then be sure you adjust the levels.

I've had terrific results on PSK-31, AFSK, Olivia, and JT-65 to name a few modes. It is simple to use when set up and with the A/V switch, and easy to change radios just be pushing a button.

One great little device!

Bill
K1FPV

VK5STU Rating: 5/5 May 11, 2013 05:27 Send this review to a friend
Simple-Easy-Reliable  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
Very simple to setup and get running once you get your head around what the jumpers are actually doing for you. I have mine connected to an old RJ45 switchbox and simply switch between an IC7062G and an FT847. I have wired the jumpers through and have configured the connecting cables appropriately.

Simple to use under XP and Win7. One tip I will share is that under Win7( did not try XP) you can rename the audio devices (just right click on the device, select Properties and you can change name in the text box). This way you can reduce your chance of selecting the wrong device by given the devices names you will recognise (i.e. Digital OUT to Radio).

The quality of build is good. I have fat fingers so would have liked larger knobs, but they are not really practical on a device of this size.

All in all - great, simple product that works well and is almost set and forget.

N0FPE Rating: 5/5 May 11, 2013 05:10 Send this review to a friend
excellent  Time owned: more than 12 months
Have had my unit for a few years now. First on a TS-2000 anda TS-2000X now on a 756PROII. HAs worked first time everytime. Using the correct cable set up was a snap. Have tried all kinds of different software. All worked flawlessly. Was in no way hard to set up. Prefer FLdigi but others work just as well. Most problems seem to be on the computer end, incorrect settings etc.
I think I will buy another one for my FT-897 portable use. And the price point is one of the best in the market for the capability of the product! A++++ on this