Reviews Categories | Speakers for communications use | RCA XTS-50AV (Radio Shack) Help

Reviews Summary for RCA XTS-50AV (Radio Shack)
RCA XTS-50AV (Radio Shack) Reviews: 11 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $$20
Description: Economical stand alone speaker for all kind of rigs.
More info: http://www.radioshack.com

You can write your own review of the RCA XTS-50AV (Radio Shack).

KC0GSB Rating: 5/5 Mar 28, 2010 07:46 Send this review to a friend
Works Fine and low price too  Time owned: more than 12 months
I use one on my TS-520. Works well and can't beat the price.

KB0XR Rating: 5/5 May 25, 2009 04:17 Send this review to a friend
I like em'  Time owned: more than 12 months
I've had a pair for a few years now. One is dedicated to my Icom R75 and the other to a scanner. They were a great buy at $9.95 each and I wish I could find another for the garage workshop.

KI4SDY Rating: 5/5 May 24, 2009 10:49 Send this review to a friend
GREAT SPEAKER, TOO BAD IT'S GONE!  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have used this speaker for everything from CB, to HF and now 2 meter FM at my shop. It is great for communications use. The good sound quality and wattage output rivals speakers costing $150, just because they are made by a big name ham radio manufacturer. If you can find one on Ebay or at a yard sale, buy it!

Now the bad news. Radio Shack does not sell them anymore and I do not know if RCA does either. Has anyone seen them for sale new recently? I would like to buy some!

KC0RMR Rating: 5/5 Feb 4, 2004 17:45 Send this review to a friend
Great Speaker, Great Price!  Time owned: more than 12 months
I purchased one new over a year ago for $20 from a local Radio Shack dealer. I should have bought two. I've used this speaker with everything from boat anchors to my most recent purchase, a 706MKIIG. This little speaker fills the room with big sound and very pleasant tone. Nice, quality construction and good looks. For the $20 price, it was a steal. A couple of friends bought theirs for $10. I have been unable to find another. If you can find one, buy it! Radio Shack has discontinued it.

W9WIS Rating: 5/5 Nov 15, 2003 13:50 Send this review to a friend
Great Speaker... Great Deal ... if you can find one !  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
After reading the reviews while seeking a speaker for one of my receivers, I trotted down to my local Radio Shack store. They had none left... but the manager did a search and found three in surrounding stores. The price was $5.95 each so I snapped up all three. Performance is excellent and they are about the size and style of all the new radios. If you can locate one buy it.... and a spare or two !

Mike, W9WIS

W4CNG Rating: 5/5 Apr 21, 2003 13:33 Send this review to a friend
Great Sound Reproduction  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have had this speaker in the shack for more than 2 years. It has very good flat frequency response, and the sound reproduction is great connected to my Jupiter. It also handles 40 watts of power in case you install a large audio amplifier after your rig. Rating of 5 equals performance and value, you can find it discounted at some stores.

N1KSN Rating: 5/5 Jan 14, 2003 11:33 Send this review to a friend
Great bargain!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I got one of these speakers at a closeout price of $9.95 to go with my new Ten Tec Jupiter as an external speaker. Works great sitting on top of the radio. I added four stick-on rubber feet to the bottom.

The Radio Shack store manager where I bought it is a ham, and he snatched one up for himself, too.

KG4NMR Rating: 5/5 Oct 15, 2002 22:56 Send this review to a friend
good deal  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I picked one of these up the other day at radio shack for 9.95. What a deal! I use the speaker with my 746 and it sounds great and looks real nice along side it. I rated this item a 5 because it works well, and the price is very reasonable.

W5WLW Rating: 5/5 Apr 12, 2002 12:11 Send this review to a friend
Excellent  Time owned: more than 12 months
Just a well rounded speaker with excellent tone for CW and high fedelity SSB, or AM. I own three and use them on each significant radio in my shack. I've shelved the radio manufacture's speakers with the dust bunnies.

KA7GKN Rating: 5/5 Mar 6, 2002 10:29 Send this review to a friend
perfect fit  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
I use an O-Sullivan older style computer desk with hutch. It's loaded with gear, so room for speakers is very limited. The cube just snuggles in and for it's size provides some comfortable listening. the box is heavy, shielded and rf proof. for a 5X5 cube freq response about 150hz-18khz it's a very good deal.

Marty ka7gkn@arrl.net