Reviews Categories | Amateur Radio Equipment Repair | Yaesu Factory Service Help

Reviews Summary for Yaesu Factory Service
Yaesu Factory Service Reviews: 219 Average rating: 3.5/5 MSRP: $N/A
Description: Yeasu's Amateur Radio Factory Service Center in California
More info: http://www.yaesu.com/?cmd=ContactUs&DivisionID=65

You can write your own review of the Yaesu Factory Service.

KH7Y Rating: 5/5 Jan 22, 2014 06:31 Send this review to a friend
West Coast factory service  Time owned: more than 12 months
I purchased a Yaesu FT-5000 about two years ago. One day after the factory warantee was out the radio quit working. Shipping from Hawaii is expensive, Yaesu repaired the radio and returned it without a bill. Very fast turn around and friendly service. A few weeks ago the VFD's all have heavy white lines, one call to Wes Gray and a 10 day turn around the radio is again back and with out charge. I am VERY happy with Yeasu on the west coast. They are making positive changes.

KJ6ZH Rating: 5/5 Nov 8, 2013 14:36 Send this review to a friend
Great Service on VX-6R Repair  Time owned: more than 12 months
My 5 year old VX-6R had low receive on Narrow FM. Oh oh,looks like the ceramic filter blew. Had a business trip scheduled for So CAL so took radio with me to drop off at Yaesu. Lady at the counter was very helpful and cheerful for being Friday at 4 PM. Received radio back the next Thursday. Worked Great! Then I noticed, the radio looked different. Sure enough, the worn key pad was replaced. The radio looked new. Cost including shipping was $45. Very Pleased! I'm a Quality Manager and I appreciate when I get good service. Yaesu exceeded my expectations. Great Job!

KC9HVA Rating: 3/5 Oct 24, 2013 07:17 Send this review to a friend
FT897D REPAIR  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Sent FT897D in for repair " Static" to yeasu factory repair in Calif on OCT 7,2013 by UPS. Radio arrived at factory on OCT 15,2013, repaired Oct ,17 needed 3 ceramic filters warrenty repair . radio shipped back on Oct,18 arrived at front door Oct,23 by fedex express saver.

before i forget the customer service email bounces back. no email tracking# no phone calls to customers cost money. SORRY

N2AE Rating: 5/5 Oct 17, 2013 10:53 Send this review to a friend
Excellent service  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Sent my HF Yaesu xceiver to Yaesu for warranty service for a minor issue. My emails were answered within one hour. They had the radio for 4 business days, telephoned to report on what they found and shipped back the radio the next day. Real 5 star service in my book.

KK4PXR Rating: 5/5 Oct 8, 2013 12:29 Send this review to a friend
FANTASTIC SERVICE  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I BOUGHT A USED YAESU VX7R FROM AN OLD HAM OPERATOR. IT LOOKED A LITTLE ROUGH AND I BOUGHT SOME PARTS FROM YAESU (WAY CHEAPER THAN EBAY). IT TURNED OUT TO BE MORE THAN I COULD HANDLE SO I MAILED IT TO YAESU ON A MONDAY, THEY GOT IT WED, CALLED ME THURSDAY, AND I GOT IT BACK IN PERFECT WORKING ORDER ON THE FOLLOWING TUESDAY. FOR ONLY $35. IT WAS A GREAT EXPERIENCE! THANKS YAESU.

N1LEU Rating: 5/5 Aug 3, 2013 16:30 Send this review to a friend
VX-7R repair experience  Time owned: more than 12 months
I had a VX-7R that was not working, So I took it with me on my California vacation and dropped it off at Yaesu in Cypress. They were courteous and helpful,very professional! The Tech. ran a quick check and said I could leave it and explained all the terms to me. About a week after I got home they called me and told me that it was more cost effective to replace the unit than repair it, They also offered to dispose of the radio for me. All I had to do was return a release of ownership they sent me back to them, Which I did! They even waived the $35 diagnostic fee! Nice Way to do business.

N3JTN Rating: 5/5 Jul 12, 2013 08:24 Send this review to a friend
FT-2000  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I just got my yaesu FT-2000 Back from repair rec was low got great service from yaesu they got my radio on 4-2-13 and back to me on 7-12-13 WoW

KI4WLY Rating: 5/5 Jul 10, 2013 07:22 Send this review to a friend
VX-7R repair  Time owned: more than 12 months
Sent my VX-7R in for repair for receive issues. Talked to the tech prior to sending in. said this issue (Ceramic Filter) was somewhat common and the repair would be inexpensive. Tech said repair and shipping would be right around 50 dollars. Unit was repaired within 2 days of receiving it and shipped back out promptly. Now my VX-7R works very well. Very pleased with Yaesu's repair folks. Would send it in again if ever needed.

KJ6EUC Rating: 5/5 Apr 21, 2013 18:01 Send this review to a friend
Fast and reasonable  Time owned: more than 12 months
I zapped my ft-897d with a static shock from my finger to af knob and the radio went completely dead.I should have known better.
I emailed yaesu and was contacted the next day, a long story short had it back in my shack in one week better than new because the unit had a key down output of 90 watts on HF when new and now it is a solid 100 watts on all HF bands.
It was out of warranty total cost with shipping $125.00. Repair made at Yaesu Cypress, Calif.

N8AUC Rating: 5/5 Dec 8, 2012 11:05 Send this review to a friend
Good work - reasonable price  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
I bought a used FT-817 at Dayton this year. Nice radio in decent condition. Anyways, it developed an intermittent connection on the DC power input jack. I figured out what was wrong, and decided against fixing it myself due to the extremely small size of the components.

So I called Yaesu, described the problem, and the price they quoted me was reasonable, so I sent the radio in. They fixed the problem correctly and returned the radio promptly. No complaints from me. I'd use them again.