Reviews Categories | Amateur Radio Equipment Repair | Yaesu Factory Service Help

Reviews Summary for Yaesu Factory Service
Yaesu Factory Service Reviews: 236 Average rating: 3.5/5 MSRP: $N/A
Description: Yeasu's Amateur Radio Factory Service Center in California

You can write your own review of the Yaesu Factory Service.

KC6NFV Rating: 1/5 Oct 9, 2015 00:11 Send this review to a friend
yaesu  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
i dont think yaesu that good of company when the radio has a intermenting problem or any other problem the repair is done very poor no customer contact they put in a relay but its steal there yaesu dont care if your rig broke down you took it in under warrenty they ram it up yours when they see you have 3 months left on warrenty they tell you if the problem still there they sell you a new board and not charge you for labor then they charge you labor they go back on there word those in so cal i remcomend kenwood yaesu mfg alot of defects radio that does stuff it should not
KC1ACL Rating: 5/5 Aug 1, 2015 04:35 Send this review to a friend
ft 857d repair  Time owned: more than 12 months
I had a issue with my ft was sent to a repair shop in South Dakota. and came back not fixed.then I sent the radio to YAESU.they found the problem,and fixed the radio.they were reasonable and a fast back on the air now. thank you.kc1acl
K7LZR Rating: 5/5 Jul 31, 2015 20:41 Send this review to a friend
Very helpful  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have had good experiences with Yaesu whenever I've dealt with them, either to order parts or ask questions and get answers.

No product nor manufacturer nor service will always please everyone but I think that Yaesu does a good enough job of standing behind their products and being helpful.
KA4AQM Rating: 2/5 Jul 31, 2015 15:27 Send this review to a friend
Avoid if possible  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
Sent ft-60r handheld to Yaesu TWICE from east coast. It was a simple operator error. I was unfamiliar with the radio. Yaesu could not show or tell me how to fix the programming problem I experienced until several telecoms with a technician. If they are the experts, I feel sorry for all those who need Yaesu factory help.
WO4V Rating: 5/5 Jul 31, 2015 09:49 Send this review to a friend
Good shop  Time owned: more than 12 months
2nd time I have sent in a Yaesu product for service. This time it was for replacing a broken volume knob shaft on my nearly new ft 8900 (this was an idiot tax for me for dropping the transceiver off another piece of equipment on my operating desk onto it's face plate). After some deliberation on whether to do the job myself (part cost $12 plus shipping and yes, I have experience with repairing 2 way radios and car electronics. i used to do this for a living), I decided to call Yaesu and send it in. Tim answered the phone and told me just to send in the face plate instead of the entire rig. I was hoping that warranty would fix this, but realistically, it WAS my fault! Yaesu emailed me and the entire repair, parts, labor, and shipping was under $50! Heck, I wouldn't have done this to another person's rig for that price! My last repair by Yaesu was several years ago on a ft 817 with a bad PA, and that repair was likewise very cost efficient and professionally done.

Yaesu is one of those shops I would have no qualms about using or recommending to someone else.

W2ZOU Rating: 5/5 Jul 2, 2015 05:24 Send this review to a friend
I had a great experience  Time owned: more than 12 months
I am not discounting the other users' experiences at all but my experience was real good with yaesu. I had an almost dead vx-5r, it only turned on while on the charger, battery was new. I called them and they told me I could send it in but they recommended that I talk to a tech first as the problem perhaps can be resolved over the phone. The tech walked me through a reset procedure which did not work. I sent in the radio and a week later I got a call with an estimate that it would cost $10 for the part, $25 for labor and something like $10 to ship it back. I agreed and a week later I got it back in perfect shape. The entire process was very professional. I see all these negative reviews and like I said, I do not discount them but my experience was great.
VE7REN Rating: 0/5 Jul 1, 2015 12:30 Send this review to a friend
awful!!  Time owned: more than 12 months
I too have had problems with yaesu service.. they don't return emails,they lie,and never,ever offer to pay for shipping or do a free fix.. icom and kenwood do,therefore I stay with those brands for this reason.... icom is my main choice as if anything ever goes wrong,which ive had happen,they fixed it for free and paid shipping.. my kenwood ts480 acted up once,kenwood repair was lacking too,but better then yaesu..
KA4ETV Rating: 0/5 Jul 1, 2015 10:55 Send this review to a friend
The Worst  Time owned: more than 12 months
I would say just don't bother. These guys are absolutely incompetent, lazy, liars. Their service is absolute crap.

I will never purchase another Yaesu item period.

K5VWW Rating: 5/5 Jun 12, 2015 15:23 Send this review to a friend
Great Customer Service - Problem Solved  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have a G2800DXA rotor. Two days ago I noticed the bezel illumination lamp was extinct. I called tech support to ascertain the best method of opening the controller and found the bulb without difficulty. I called them back and found the part number and they courteously transferred me to sales. I was informed the bulb had been replaced with another part number, which was in stock, and cost a whopping $1.02. They will ship the following business day as I called after their cutoff time for shipping.
All the personnel with whom I communicated were extremely helpful.
That's why I bought the rotor.
AF5WI Rating: 1/5 Jun 3, 2015 17:27 Send this review to a friend
Like a Black Hole  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
My FTDX 3000 smoked after using it for 2 months. That's a whole different story. I paid to ship it to CA. After week 1 they called to quiz me on how I operated the rig and were very curious about what I had plugged into the rig, obviously to check if the warranty applied. I passed that test. They quoted 7 to 10 working day turn around and said they would give me weekly updates on their progress. That didn't happen. If I wanted to know anything for the next 6 weeks I had to call or email them. They didn't even bother to tell me when they had shipped the radio back to me. I kept asking what caused the radio to fail and they refused to answer, but I kept pressing. They finally admitted it 'might' have been RF. So PLEASE be warned and put toroids on EVERY cable going into or out of the FTDX 3000, including your CW key cable. If you do, you may not have to deal with Yaesu service.