Reviews Categories | Amateur Radio Equipment Repair | Yaesu Factory Service Help

Reviews Summary for Yaesu Factory Service
Yaesu Factory Service Reviews: 222 Average rating: 3.5/5 MSRP: $N/A
Description: Yeasu's Amateur Radio Factory Service Center in California
More info: http://www.yaesu.com/?cmd=ContactUs&DivisionID=65

You can write your own review of the Yaesu Factory Service.

W2UIS Rating: 1/5 Jul 13, 2014 17:35 Send this review to a friend
857D Repair  Time owned: more than 12 months
FT-857D was sent in for repair of the display. It was repaired quickly but it took them 4 business days to ship. The mount for the control head was broken by the repair technician. Can't wait for them to reply to my email. My next transceiver will not be a Yaesu.

KC2ZXL Rating: 0/5 Jun 29, 2014 03:22 Send this review to a friend
Bye bye Yaesu!  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
I have purchased both Yaesu FT857D and ATAS120A new from Gigaparts. Less than a year, I developed an issue with FT857, sent it in, out of my own expense as it was instructed and came back repaired. However, the whole process was nerve wrecking. Luckily, I've a tech that knew the radio. Then the problem developed with the ATAS. Instead of helping over the phone, we exchanged emails back and forth and without much troubleshooting, asked me to send it in. After several weeks, I was told that the cost to repair was almost as much as when it was bought new. There was no other option; either I pay the amount to repair and pay shipping back or pay shipping to return the antenna. All I have to say was what the heck am I going to do with a broken antenna that I have already paid $35 shipping and pay additional funds to get it back? I told them to keep the antenna. Couple of weeks later, I received an email from Vertex saying that I refused to have the antenna returned out of my own expense therefore the antenna now belongs to them. Thanks Yaesu, you're a real good company, sorry you'll have to find another idiot to rip off as I am no longer your customer.

KJ3P Rating: 5/5 Apr 29, 2014 03:51 Send this review to a friend
Fantastic Customer Service!  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
After contacting Yaesu’s customer service about a “problem” with an FT-60R HT, I stubbornly insisted on sending the HT in for warranty service. The only problem was that I didn’t thoroughly RTFM (Read The Factory Manual), and the only issue was operator error. Yaesu returned the HT via FedEx at their expense (not to mention the technician’s time at the bench), and I had it back within two days. Customer service like this guarantees my continued business.

KH7Y Rating: 5/5 Jan 22, 2014 06:31 Send this review to a friend
West Coast factory service  Time owned: more than 12 months
I purchased a Yaesu FT-5000 about two years ago. One day after the factory warantee was out the radio quit working. Shipping from Hawaii is expensive, Yaesu repaired the radio and returned it without a bill. Very fast turn around and friendly service. A few weeks ago the VFD's all have heavy white lines, one call to Wes Gray and a 10 day turn around the radio is again back and with out charge. I am VERY happy with Yeasu on the west coast. They are making positive changes.

KJ6ZH Rating: 5/5 Nov 8, 2013 14:36 Send this review to a friend
Great Service on VX-6R Repair  Time owned: more than 12 months
My 5 year old VX-6R had low receive on Narrow FM. Oh oh,looks like the ceramic filter blew. Had a business trip scheduled for So CAL so took radio with me to drop off at Yaesu. Lady at the counter was very helpful and cheerful for being Friday at 4 PM. Received radio back the next Thursday. Worked Great! Then I noticed, the radio looked different. Sure enough, the worn key pad was replaced. The radio looked new. Cost including shipping was $45. Very Pleased! I'm a Quality Manager and I appreciate when I get good service. Yaesu exceeded my expectations. Great Job!

KC9HVA Rating: 3/5 Oct 24, 2013 07:17 Send this review to a friend
FT897D REPAIR  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Sent FT897D in for repair " Static" to yeasu factory repair in Calif on OCT 7,2013 by UPS. Radio arrived at factory on OCT 15,2013, repaired Oct ,17 needed 3 ceramic filters warrenty repair . radio shipped back on Oct,18 arrived at front door Oct,23 by fedex express saver.

before i forget the customer service email bounces back. no email tracking# no phone calls to customers cost money. SORRY

N2AE Rating: 5/5 Oct 17, 2013 10:53 Send this review to a friend
Excellent service  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Sent my HF Yaesu xceiver to Yaesu for warranty service for a minor issue. My emails were answered within one hour. They had the radio for 4 business days, telephoned to report on what they found and shipped back the radio the next day. Real 5 star service in my book.

KK4PXR Rating: 5/5 Oct 8, 2013 12:29 Send this review to a friend
FANTASTIC SERVICE  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I BOUGHT A USED YAESU VX7R FROM AN OLD HAM OPERATOR. IT LOOKED A LITTLE ROUGH AND I BOUGHT SOME PARTS FROM YAESU (WAY CHEAPER THAN EBAY). IT TURNED OUT TO BE MORE THAN I COULD HANDLE SO I MAILED IT TO YAESU ON A MONDAY, THEY GOT IT WED, CALLED ME THURSDAY, AND I GOT IT BACK IN PERFECT WORKING ORDER ON THE FOLLOWING TUESDAY. FOR ONLY $35. IT WAS A GREAT EXPERIENCE! THANKS YAESU.

N1LEU Rating: 5/5 Aug 3, 2013 16:30 Send this review to a friend
VX-7R repair experience  Time owned: more than 12 months
I had a VX-7R that was not working, So I took it with me on my California vacation and dropped it off at Yaesu in Cypress. They were courteous and helpful,very professional! The Tech. ran a quick check and said I could leave it and explained all the terms to me. About a week after I got home they called me and told me that it was more cost effective to replace the unit than repair it, They also offered to dispose of the radio for me. All I had to do was return a release of ownership they sent me back to them, Which I did! They even waived the $35 diagnostic fee! Nice Way to do business.

N3JTN Rating: 5/5 Jul 12, 2013 08:24 Send this review to a friend
FT-2000  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I just got my yaesu FT-2000 Back from repair rec was low got great service from yaesu they got my radio on 4-2-13 and back to me on 7-12-13 WoW