Reviews Categories | Amateur Radio Equipment Repair | Yaesu Factory Service Help

Reviews Summary for Yaesu Factory Service
Yaesu Factory Service Reviews: 241 Average rating: 3.5/5 MSRP: $N/A
Description: Yeasu's Amateur Radio Factory Service Center in California
More info: http://www.yaesu.com/?cmd=ContactUs&DivisionID=65

You can write your own review of the Yaesu Factory Service.

K7ABV Rating: 5/5 May 4, 2016 12:35 Send this review to a friend
FTDX 5000D repairJob  Time owned: more than 12 months
sent my FTDX5000D in to replace all 3 OLED's and the LCD Screen on the SM5000, I had 2 bad OLED's ,with the white line,and got a picture of only one, the other was only on for a few minutes...and the SM5000 had spotting light and dark areas, so had it fixed at the same time..with extra insurance returning the rig to me the tab was $350.00, I paid for shipping down$146.00 from 59405, so it isn't cheap, but looks great again..will see how long this all holds up, I have had the radio since Jan.2012 and rotate it with other 1000D's..so not in service every day..radio made in July of 2011...took about 6 weeks turn around, but I was fine with that, not cheap repair, but then the radio isn't cheap either...will keep it for now. I got charged $45 for each OLED, and one I had a photo of the bad one, no charge for that one...the SM5000 was $150 to repair...I did not have to pay return shippping

K4FMH Rating: 5/5 Apr 19, 2016 15:07 Send this review to a friend
Outstanding!  Time owned: more than 12 months
My truck mounted FTM-400DR is run from a second batttery. I purchased a West Mountain power maintainer with Anderson Power Poles. My negligence in attaching a PP caused a short and subsequent power surge, blowing both the fuse in the DC line and the surge protect diode inside the FTM-400DR. I called Yaesu and got a call-back from a Tech in about 30 minutes. He agreed that it was likely the diode, given my description. I shipped just the radio body to Yaesu and it got repaired for $51 plus $8 shipping. Complete disclosure by phone and in writing when the radio body returned as to the repair procedure and so forth. My error caused the problem (but won't happen again!). Great customer service and technical repair. Bravo Yaesu. It's my FIRST ever problem with a Yaesu product but one of my own making.

NN3RP Rating: 5/5 Mar 18, 2016 14:51 Send this review to a friend
Excellent Communication  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
Recently, I've noticed that my recently purchased FTDX3000's 13.8V RCA was not working. In the firmware instructions there is the name of the VP of Service and Tech support. I wrote to him thinking I don't lose anything but a few minutes of my time. Well, few minutes later I got an answer from him and giving me hints. We exchanged several emails. I realized I could not change the miniSMD that appearS to be bad. So I sent the rig to CA. It is in their court now and I will wait for their contacting me.

Overall, I've never expected VP to write me.

Rafael / NN3RP

AI4WC Rating: 5/5 Mar 18, 2016 06:47 Send this review to a friend
No problem!  Time owned: more than 12 months
I broke the rotary encoder (one of the multifunction tuning knobs) and I hesitated sending my FT-897 (10+ years old) from Florida to California, but I did. I had a couple of quick-turnaround emails and, bottom line: the radio was repaired, including a number of capacitors and resistors and some software upgrades. The radio works better than I remember and the charge was less than $150. Thanks, Yaesu, for he pleasant experience. All my communications were friendly and professional and the return packaging was excellent. I recommend the repair folks highly!

KX5F Rating: 5/5 Feb 26, 2016 05:38 Send this review to a friend
Outstanding  Time owned: more than 12 months
Repaired my FT-7900 Sub-base cracked where the face plate connects to main body. Emailed Yaesu got reply back within the hour. Sent radio off about a week later got email asking for payment info, received radio back repaired and in excellent condition. tnks Yaesu. Patrick kx5f

KC6NFV Rating: 1/5 Oct 9, 2015 00:11 Send this review to a friend
yaesu  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
i dont think yaesu that good of company when the radio has a intermenting problem or any other problem the repair is done very poor no customer contact they put in a relay but its steal there yaesu dont care if your rig broke down you took it in under warrenty they ram it up yours when they see you have 3 months left on warrenty they tell you if the problem still there they sell you a new board and not charge you for labor then they charge you labor they go back on there word those in so cal i remcomend kenwood yaesu mfg alot of defects radio that does stuff it should not

KC1ACL Rating: 5/5 Aug 1, 2015 04:35 Send this review to a friend
ft 857d repair  Time owned: more than 12 months
I had a issue with my ft 857d.it was sent to a repair shop in South Dakota. and came back not fixed.then I sent the radio to YAESU.they found the problem,and fixed the radio.they were reasonable and a fast turnaround.im back on the air now. thank you.kc1acl

K7LZR Rating: 5/5 Jul 31, 2015 20:41 Send this review to a friend
Very helpful  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have had good experiences with Yaesu whenever I've dealt with them, either to order parts or ask questions and get answers.

No product nor manufacturer nor service will always please everyone but I think that Yaesu does a good enough job of standing behind their products and being helpful.

KA4AQM Rating: 2/5 Jul 31, 2015 15:27 Send this review to a friend
Avoid if possible  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
Sent ft-60r handheld to Yaesu TWICE from east coast. It was a simple operator error. I was unfamiliar with the radio. Yaesu could not show or tell me how to fix the programming problem I experienced until several telecoms with a technician. If they are the experts, I feel sorry for all those who need Yaesu factory help.

WO4V Rating: 5/5 Jul 31, 2015 09:49 Send this review to a friend
Good shop  Time owned: more than 12 months
2nd time I have sent in a Yaesu product for service. This time it was for replacing a broken volume knob shaft on my nearly new ft 8900 (this was an idiot tax for me for dropping the transceiver off another piece of equipment on my operating desk onto it's face plate). After some deliberation on whether to do the job myself (part cost $12 plus shipping and yes, I have experience with repairing 2 way radios and car electronics. i used to do this for a living), I decided to call Yaesu and send it in. Tim answered the phone and told me just to send in the face plate instead of the entire rig. I was hoping that warranty would fix this, but realistically, it WAS my fault! Yaesu emailed me and the entire repair, parts, labor, and shipping was under $50! Heck, I wouldn't have done this to another person's rig for that price! My last repair by Yaesu was several years ago on a ft 817 with a bad PA, and that repair was likewise very cost efficient and professionally done.

Yaesu is one of those shops I would have no qualms about using or recommending to someone else.

WO4V