Reviews Categories | Amateur Radio Equipment Repair | Yaesu Factory Service Help

Reviews Summary for Yaesu Factory Service
Yaesu Factory Service Reviews: 231 Average rating: 3.5/5 MSRP: $N/A
Description: Yeasu's Amateur Radio Factory Service Center in California
More info: http://www.yaesu.com/?cmd=ContactUs&DivisionID=65

You can write your own review of the Yaesu Factory Service.

W2ZOU Rating: 5/5 Jul 2, 2015 05:24 Send this review to a friend
I had a great experience  Time owned: more than 12 months
I am not discounting the other users' experiences at all but my experience was real good with yaesu. I had an almost dead vx-5r, it only turned on while on the charger, battery was new. I called them and they told me I could send it in but they recommended that I talk to a tech first as the problem perhaps can be resolved over the phone. The tech walked me through a reset procedure which did not work. I sent in the radio and a week later I got a call with an estimate that it would cost $10 for the part, $25 for labor and something like $10 to ship it back. I agreed and a week later I got it back in perfect shape. The entire process was very professional. I see all these negative reviews and like I said, I do not discount them but my experience was great.

VE7REN Rating: 0/5 Jul 1, 2015 12:30 Send this review to a friend
awful!!  Time owned: more than 12 months
I too have had problems with yaesu service.. they don't return emails,they lie,and never,ever offer to pay for shipping or do a free fix.. icom and kenwood do,therefore I stay with those brands for this reason.... icom is my main choice as if anything ever goes wrong,which ive had happen,they fixed it for free and paid shipping.. my kenwood ts480 acted up once,kenwood repair was lacking too,but better then yaesu..

KA4ETV Rating: 0/5 Jul 1, 2015 10:55 Send this review to a friend
The Worst  Time owned: more than 12 months
I would say just don't bother. These guys are absolutely incompetent, lazy, liars. Their service is absolute crap.

I will never purchase another Yaesu item period.

K5VWW Rating: 5/5 Jun 12, 2015 15:23 Send this review to a friend
Great Customer Service - Problem Solved  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have a G2800DXA rotor. Two days ago I noticed the bezel illumination lamp was extinct. I called tech support to ascertain the best method of opening the controller and found the bulb without difficulty. I called them back and found the part number and they courteously transferred me to sales. I was informed the bulb had been replaced with another part number, which was in stock, and cost a whopping $1.02. They will ship the following business day as I called after their cutoff time for shipping.
All the personnel with whom I communicated were extremely helpful.
That's why I bought the rotor.

AF5WI Rating: 1/5 Jun 3, 2015 17:27 Send this review to a friend
Like a Black Hole  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
My FTDX 3000 smoked after using it for 2 months. That's a whole different story. I paid to ship it to CA. After week 1 they called to quiz me on how I operated the rig and were very curious about what I had plugged into the rig, obviously to check if the warranty applied. I passed that test. They quoted 7 to 10 working day turn around and said they would give me weekly updates on their progress. That didn't happen. If I wanted to know anything for the next 6 weeks I had to call or email them. They didn't even bother to tell me when they had shipped the radio back to me. I kept asking what caused the radio to fail and they refused to answer, but I kept pressing. They finally admitted it 'might' have been RF. So PLEASE be warned and put toroids on EVERY cable going into or out of the FTDX 3000, including your CW key cable. If you do, you may not have to deal with Yaesu service.

W2NFL Rating: 5/5 Jun 1, 2015 11:19 Send this review to a friend
Great Service  Time owned: more than 12 months

Yaesu did a great job on my VX- 6 repair.
My 8 year old HT had low receive and figured the ceramic filter went bad. Called Yaesu service department and was able to speak to a tech. He said sounds like a simple fix, but we will check out the full operation of your HT. I sent it in the week of Dayton Hamvention, received an email in a week confirming the bad ceramic filter. Called Yaesu service again to give credit card information and they said it would ship by Fed Ex. Received my VX-6 back in 6 days - total charge- $35.61. One happy Yaesu customer!!

Mike
K8MJM

K2II Rating: 5/5 May 22, 2015 11:11 Send this review to a friend
Yaesu parts service is A-OK  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
I called the Yaesu Cypress, CA facility to order some original parts. I was promptly connected to the parts department and the representative was courteousness, knowledgeable and expedited my order. All the parts requested were in stock! Yaesu is a pleasure to deal with.

AI6IG Rating: 5/5 May 10, 2015 09:00 Send this review to a friend
Prompt and Excellent  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
On a planned trip to the L.A. area (4 hr drive) I decided to drop off an FT-817 (purchased used) for repair due to screw-up on my part crossing the +/- supply. I dropped it off around 11:30AM on a Fri. and started running errands. At that time I was told it may take up to a week.

Three hours later, just as I was heading back north, I got a call from Yaesu, the repair was done, no charge (and a new battery on top of all that). It's tough to beat that!

N2DM Rating: 5/5 Feb 5, 2015 04:01 Send this review to a friend
Quality Service  Time owned: more than 12 months
FT-817, 2001 vintage, bought used, no transmit, good receive.
2 years later decided to send in for repair to YAESU factory. 3 weeks total turnaround time, very modest charge for replace of finals and associated parts.
Good communications w/factory (Wesley, Joanna, Stephanie).
This is 2nd 817 I have had repaired, very pleased with service and product performance both times.
Dale, N2DM.

W2UIS Rating: 3/5 Jul 28, 2014 23:27 Send this review to a friend
Update  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
After waiting and getting no reply from Yaesu customer no service I made contact with them on July 14, 2014. Today I received a replacement of the broken part of my FT 857D.

Removal and installation of the part was simple. My transceiver looks like new. Spending $270 to replace the display I can only hope the transceiver will last another seven years.

Should another repair be required I'll trash the unit instead of going through this type of nonsense again.