Reviews Categories | Amateur Radio Equipment Repair | Yaesu Factory Service Help

Reviews Summary for Yaesu Factory Service
Yaesu Factory Service Reviews: 222 Average rating: 3.5/5 MSRP: $N/A
Description: Yeasu's Amateur Radio Factory Service Center in California
More info: http://www.yaesu.com/?cmd=ContactUs&DivisionID=65

You can write your own review of the Yaesu Factory Service.

KI4WLY Rating: 5/5 Jul 10, 2013 07:22 Send this review to a friend
VX-7R repair  Time owned: more than 12 months
Sent my VX-7R in for repair for receive issues. Talked to the tech prior to sending in. said this issue (Ceramic Filter) was somewhat common and the repair would be inexpensive. Tech said repair and shipping would be right around 50 dollars. Unit was repaired within 2 days of receiving it and shipped back out promptly. Now my VX-7R works very well. Very pleased with Yaesu's repair folks. Would send it in again if ever needed.

KJ6EUC Rating: 5/5 Apr 21, 2013 18:01 Send this review to a friend
Fast and reasonable  Time owned: more than 12 months
I zapped my ft-897d with a static shock from my finger to af knob and the radio went completely dead.I should have known better.
I emailed yaesu and was contacted the next day, a long story short had it back in my shack in one week better than new because the unit had a key down output of 90 watts on HF when new and now it is a solid 100 watts on all HF bands.
It was out of warranty total cost with shipping $125.00. Repair made at Yaesu Cypress, Calif.

N8AUC Rating: 5/5 Dec 8, 2012 11:05 Send this review to a friend
Good work - reasonable price  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
I bought a used FT-817 at Dayton this year. Nice radio in decent condition. Anyways, it developed an intermittent connection on the DC power input jack. I figured out what was wrong, and decided against fixing it myself due to the extremely small size of the components.

So I called Yaesu, described the problem, and the price they quoted me was reasonable, so I sent the radio in. They fixed the problem correctly and returned the radio promptly. No complaints from me. I'd use them again.

K4WHE Rating: 2/5 Dec 7, 2012 20:39 Send this review to a friend
Ehh....  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
I sent in my FT-857 which had an intermittent receive issue. While the rep was rather prompt in returning emails all the tech did was slap in a couple new ceramic filters in the radio and send it back. It still had the issue. I emailed the same rep indicating the issue had not been resolved and the reply was "the tech tested it and it functioned properly."

Well, since I still had the issue I sent it off to Cal at Hamrepair.com. EXCELLENT service, and all it turned out to be was some cold solder joints. Got it back and no more problems. Radio functions like new.

Doubt I'll purchase another Yaesu, just don't want to put up with service should I need it with another radio. Too bad.

KG6YRC Rating: 5/5 Dec 6, 2012 17:46 Send this review to a friend
Sent my VX-7 in for repair  Time owned: more than 12 months
Sent my VX-7;had no recieve on main band, when estimate was recieved I told them to fix it. Recieved it back within a week. Cost was very reasonable.

N2WSC Rating: 5/5 Nov 20, 2012 18:19 Send this review to a friend
yaesu service excellent  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I accidentally damaged my ft857d and yaesu service in cypress fixed it quickly . no problems and very reasonable rate. I will keep doing business with them. thanks.

KI0Z Rating: 0/5 Nov 19, 2012 08:04 Send this review to a friend
Beyond BAD  Time owned: more than 12 months
I had a 2800 rotor which would not handle the Hygain Th-11 for 20 months 2 times . when it came back adjusted by the repair in CA. it would not even hold direction in light winds. I got rid of it and got a M2- 28oo which lasted over 7.5 years with out latest mods. If they won't repair your equipment try Burghardt repair in S.D. they do a lot of work that the venders can't or will not do. Jim is very good to work with. 73 Dave GL

K2TGW Rating: 5/5 Nov 19, 2012 08:01 Send this review to a friend
No complaints  Time owned: more than 12 months
I had a FT-817 that stopped transmitting. It took less than two weeks to send, repair [at a fair price] and return it to me. Yes it works just fine.

Les, K2TGW

AK4AT Rating: 0/5 Nov 19, 2012 00:32 Send this review to a friend
Worst of the Worst  Time owned: more than 12 months
3 months out of warranty, my FT-950 lost all receive audio and I had to send it to the Yaesu repair facility in Cypress, CA. About a month later the radio was returned to me and still no receive audio, plus it had a bent VFO shaft. I returned it the next day. The repairs were finally done on the second attempt and they notified me that it was being shipped out. Over a week later, when the package never came, I called and they found it was still there and had been just setting in a warehouse. Then they sent it to me by economy shipment and another week passed before it arrived! The radio failed again less than a year later, this time it had no RF power out. I sent it back to their service facility and after almost a month passed without hearing from them, I contacted them and they said USPS damaged the radio inbound to their facility. It had been pushed aside and they never notified me! You can forget getting a response from anyone with authority at Yaesu, even if you are lucky enough to find their contact information.

WT3O Rating: 5/5 Sep 26, 2012 09:56 Send this review to a friend
Couldn't Have Been Better  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
So I was working my trusty FT-897D and all of a sudden the receive audio became jarbled - two weeks before Field Day (of course)!

I did some preliminary tests and determined it wasn't the speaker and with SMT components it would have to go somewhere for repair. Even though it was out of warranty I decided to send it to Yaesu. I sent it out with a letter explaining the problem and if at all possible to get it back to me before Field Day (hey, it never hurts to ask, right?).

After they received the radio (via overnight service), they called to get my credit card information. They called a couple days later stating they found the problem (ceramic filters) and had it all repaired. I asked if they could overnight it back so I could have it for Field Day, as my only other HF rig at the time was my FT-817. I received my repaired radio two days before Field Day started!

They fixed the problem quickly, they worked with me to get it back in time for Field Day (without anything more than the expedited shipping back to me) and the repair bill was less than $300 (including shipping both ways). I couldn't have been more happy!

I hope I don't have to send any radios back any time soon, but if I do, I will definately be sending it to Yaesu!