Reviews Categories | Antennas: VHF/UHF+ Omnidirectional: verticals, mobile, etc | Diamond X 700 2m-0,7m base antenna Help

Reviews Summary for Diamond X 700 2m-0,7m base antenna
Diamond  X 700 2m-0,7m base antenna Reviews: 12 Average rating: 4.9/5 MSRP: $399.95
Description: 7,2m long omni antenna

You can write your own review of the Diamond X 700 2m-0,7m base antenna.

N1RIK Rating: 5/5 Oct 24, 2017 12:03 Send this review to a friend
So far, awesome  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I got this antenna to replace a failed Hy-Gain V-42R on my 145.270 / 444.700 repeater system at the Moore Regional Hospital in Pinehurst NC. It came highly recommended to me for repeater service by WA4PXV, K4JDR, N4WFU. It's been up over a month now and is working great. I did make a PVC top sway brace for the antenna which is mounted several feet below the top of the antenna, so it doesn't bend all over place causing duplex noise and slapping the tower. I used the gray, UV coated PVC for the brace. Performance on this antenna is much better than the former antenna, and I was also able to take off the extra VHF pass cavity that was in front of the transmitter on the 2 meter repeater and still have no desense. I recommend this antenna to anyone setting up a 2m and/or 440 repeater IF they have it side mounted to their tower and have a top sway brace on it. This antenna is VERY floppy, but with the sway brace, it's not going anywhere. I don't know how much ice it can handle. Down where I'm at, we rarely get ice.

73s
Bill, N1RIK

K4PEW Rating: 5/5 Sep 21, 2017 04:28 Send this review to a friend
Absolute Best 2m/70cm Vertical  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
Run twice-weekly Simplex Net from QTH. This antenna replaced an Opek UVS 300 that was rated at 8.3db gain on 2m.

The Diamond X700HNA rated at 9.3 db on 2m has outperformed ANY antenna I have used, both on transmit as well as receive.

Construction is solid and durable. Save up your money and buy this antenna; you will NOT be disappointed.

G3VES Rating: 5/5 Aug 25, 2017 13:01 Send this review to a friend
An absolutely fantastic antenna  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
An absolutely fantastic antenna which performs just as the advertising blurb says. I can hear and work repeaters and simplex stations 80 miles away, couldn't even hear them before on my discone.

Mechanically it is a bit of a monster and bends a lot in a strong wind. Mount on a 2" pole on wall brackets. For best results feed with a very low loss feeder cable.

W7TKX Rating: 5/5 Sep 6, 2015 16:32 Send this review to a friend
Superb 2 Meter Ant.  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
Diamond X-700 is a Superb 2 Meter antenna in all respects. The antenna is tall (23í) and flexible, it requires a strong mast and mount to handle wind flex loading - it does flex and wag!! The antenna construction is excellent, well crafted and designed for long trouble free service. Assembling the three antenna sections is clearly documented and easy. I took a few extra steps during assembly; cleaning and applying a dab of silver conductive compound to the internal antenna wire joining points and using a drop of thread lock on the joint set screw; lightly wiping the external radome coupler threads and gaskets with silicone grease before joining; after joining wiping the external couplers clean and wrapping the joint with flexible coax tape, securing the beginning and end of the wrap with a zip tie so it wonít unravel. Definitely use a good low loss VHF coax like - SSB EcoFlex Ten Plus from Vibroplex.
The X-700 performance is truly amazing! I mounted the X-700 on the house, 6 W/L above ground giving me Solid Simplex contacts over high hilly terrain at 200 miles, full quieting on distant hard to reach repeaters, with less then 50W on a TS-2000. And, almost flat SWR across the band - 144MHz 1.2:1 / 146MHz 1.15:1 / 148MHz 1.3:1
Go for it, itís worth it!

VK3FMJA Rating: 5/5 Jan 13, 2015 12:32 Send this review to a friend
MASTERPIECE   Time owned: 6 to 12 months
I had this antenna as soon as I have passed my STANDARD license. It's worth paying AUD $399.00 because it will provide you a satisfaction. This piece of art not only can HOLD a STRONG wind but can also reach miles and miles. I use this antenna for my echolink and ALWAYS receive a good report. I will recommend this antenna to any body with pride. Another great work from Diamond!

73...

VK3MJA

NK4K-1 Rating: 4/5 Dec 30, 2011 11:54 Send this review to a friend
Good performer  Time owned: more than 12 months
We used one of these near top of a 225' (69m) tower for an X-1J4 packet link. It stayed there for about 15 years without problem. But MAN! when you get even a 10 mph wind, i.e. NONE, this behemoth would point to 2:30pm every time. Upon removal, the issue became the top tip slapping the tower for 15 years. Seeing as how steel is much stronger than fiberglass (in this case at least), I must insist on this antenna being mounted with a sun proof (UV resistant) horizontal mast about three feet down from top. Yah, glass was pretty thin at top from all the years of slapping the tower. It would have failed (water intrusion) within months if it hadn't been taken down.

M0FRH Rating: 5/5 Mar 14, 2009 10:44 Send this review to a friend
Excellent antenna!  Time owned: more than 12 months
Have had used for 3 years near to the coast and not a problem even in 60 mph gusts. highly recommend.

SV2BWM Rating: 5/5 Mar 11, 2008 13:32 Send this review to a friend
Best base V/U antenna!  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have the X-700 installed for more than 10 years and I have dismantled it to move into my new QTH. This antenna survived over 50mph wind without any support bending and return to vertical again! The only thing was the corroded outside but still without any problem. It has a gain of 9.3db for VHF (4x5/8) and 13.0db for UHF (11x5/8)! I installed again and it is as good as new...

Highly recommended AAAAA+++++

WD5EAE Rating: 5/5 Jan 19, 2007 09:52 Send this review to a friend
Great Performance  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
This is a great antenna that has served me extremely well. I've been able to access a distant repeater that a very knowledgeable local ham said would be impossible to hit using a yagi (because that repeater's coverage is not very good). I can use repeaters in all the nearby cities with no problems.

N8RGQ Rating: 5/5 Sep 8, 2006 21:47 Send this review to a friend
1 great Antenna !  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have owned 3 of the 700's over the years and if you want the best 2-440 vertical on the planet this is the one to buy ! For $349 you can't beat it ! I feed mine with LDF-1 and gold plated conectors .