Reviews Categories | Antennas: VHF/UHF+ Omnidirectional: verticals, mobile, etc | Diamond X 700 2m-0,7m base antenna Help

Reviews Summary for Diamond X 700 2m-0,7m base antenna
Diamond  X 700 2m-0,7m base antenna Reviews: 9 Average rating: 4.9/5 MSRP: $399.95
Description: 7,2m long omni antenna

You can write your own review of the Diamond X 700 2m-0,7m base antenna.

W7TKX Rating: 5/5 Sep 6, 2015 16:32 Send this review to a friend
Superb 2 Meter Ant.  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
Diamond X-700 is a Superb 2 Meter antenna in all respects. The antenna is tall (23) and flexible, it requires a strong mast and mount to handle wind flex loading - it does flex and wag!! The antenna construction is excellent, well crafted and designed for long trouble free service. Assembling the three antenna sections is clearly documented and easy. I took a few extra steps during assembly; cleaning and applying a dab of silver conductive compound to the internal antenna wire joining points and using a drop of thread lock on the joint set screw; lightly wiping the external radome coupler threads and gaskets with silicone grease before joining; after joining wiping the external couplers clean and wrapping the joint with flexible coax tape, securing the beginning and end of the wrap with a zip tie so it wont unravel. Definitely use a good low loss VHF coax like - SSB EcoFlex Ten Plus from Vibroplex.
The X-700 performance is truly amazing! I mounted the X-700 on the house, 6 W/L above ground giving me Solid Simplex contacts over high hilly terrain at 200 miles, full quieting on distant hard to reach repeaters, with less then 50W on a TS-2000. And, almost flat SWR across the band - 144MHz 1.2:1 / 146MHz 1.15:1 / 148MHz 1.3:1
Go for it, its worth it!

VK3FMJA Rating: 5/5 Jan 13, 2015 12:32 Send this review to a friend
MASTERPIECE   Time owned: 6 to 12 months
I had this antenna as soon as I have passed my STANDARD license. It's worth paying AUD $399.00 because it will provide you a satisfaction. This piece of art not only can HOLD a STRONG wind but can also reach miles and miles. I use this antenna for my echolink and ALWAYS receive a good report. I will recommend this antenna to any body with pride. Another great work from Diamond!

73...

VK3MJA

NK4K-1 Rating: 4/5 Dec 30, 2011 11:54 Send this review to a friend
Good performer  Time owned: more than 12 months
We used one of these near top of a 225' (69m) tower for an X-1J4 packet link. It stayed there for about 15 years without problem. But MAN! when you get even a 10 mph wind, i.e. NONE, this behemoth would point to 2:30pm every time. Upon removal, the issue became the top tip slapping the tower for 15 years. Seeing as how steel is much stronger than fiberglass (in this case at least), I must insist on this antenna being mounted with a sun proof (UV resistant) horizontal mast about three feet down from top. Yah, glass was pretty thin at top from all the years of slapping the tower. It would have failed (water intrusion) within months if it hadn't been taken down.

M0FRH Rating: 5/5 Mar 14, 2009 10:44 Send this review to a friend
Excellent antenna!  Time owned: more than 12 months
Have had used for 3 years near to the coast and not a problem even in 60 mph gusts. highly recommend.

SV2BWM Rating: 5/5 Mar 11, 2008 13:32 Send this review to a friend
Best base V/U antenna!  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have the X-700 installed for more than 10 years and I have dismantled it to move into my new QTH. This antenna survived over 50mph wind without any support bending and return to vertical again! The only thing was the corroded outside but still without any problem. It has a gain of 9.3db for VHF (4x5/8) and 13.0db for UHF (11x5/8)! I installed again and it is as good as new...

Highly recommended AAAAA+++++

WD5EAE Rating: 5/5 Jan 19, 2007 09:52 Send this review to a friend
Great Performance  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
This is a great antenna that has served me extremely well. I've been able to access a distant repeater that a very knowledgeable local ham said would be impossible to hit using a yagi (because that repeater's coverage is not very good). I can use repeaters in all the nearby cities with no problems.

N8RGQ Rating: 5/5 Sep 8, 2006 21:47 Send this review to a friend
1 great Antenna !  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have owned 3 of the 700's over the years and if you want the best 2-440 vertical on the planet this is the one to buy ! For $349 you can't beat it ! I feed mine with LDF-1 and gold plated conectors .

GI0ZGB Rating: 5/5 Jan 22, 2005 14:04 Send this review to a friend
Ultimate Dual Band  Time owned: more than 12 months
I got mine many years ago and it's still going strong, outperforming all others I've tried before and since. There's not much to it mechanically and I decided to make it a little stronger by injecting the fibreglass tube with expanding foam.
This process adds nothing in weight but makes it one tough antenna, improving the wind resistance big time. I've used the same process on various aluminium antennas too with good effect. The build quality is of the highest standard and it lives up to the manufacturers claimed performance. I can recommend the X700H with absolute confidence, try one, you will not be disappointed.

SV6BAT Rating: 5/5 Feb 7, 2002 17:13 Send this review to a friend
Excellent-reliable-effective  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have & use this antenna about 10 years. Very good construction, endurable to long time. I don't know some other antenna more effective of X700. Manufactur specifications exists 100%.