Reviews Categories | Ham Software - Other than logging | CW Get and CW type Help

Reviews Summary for CW Get and CW type
Reviews: 12 Average rating: 4.5/5 MSRP: $35
Description: Software, available for download as shareware, licenseable for a fee to enable all the features
More info: http://www.dxsoft.com

You can write your own review of the CW Get and CW type.

KW4JA Rating: 4/5 Dec 19, 2014 16:23 Send this review to a friend
cwtype good  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I downloaded cwtype to use with a cw usb interface on ebay for $11. It works good but is somewhat glitchy. Sometimes it loses it's settings but it fixes itself when I reboot my computer. As far as macros go I only use about one percent of the features and use cwtype for contests and ragchew both. I'm forever done with paddles.

I haven't tried cwget and to be honest it's kind of lame to have to decode cw. I'm an old guy so learned to copy cw in my sleep long ago.

KC9GUZ Rating: 4/5 Nov 23, 2007 15:56 Send this review to a friend
No complaints from me  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I just downloaded both the CW Get and CW Type and i have been having a blast with both. I have my type send set up with my Icom 746 to use the front mike connector and it seems to work alright. Both programs take some getting used though. I still cant find out how to clear the fields in CW type. All in all great fun! Try it you might like it. it has helped me get over the 5 WPM hump that i have had ever since i took the test in the summer of 06.

G3OZN Rating: 5/5 Jan 26, 2007 08:52 Send this review to a friend
Very Good  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
It came with Rigblaster Plus CD, and only just loaded it after 18 months.
I am 50 wpm solid (also mendacious!)so dont really need it!!!
Seriously its got me up to 25wpm receive in a few weeks, after a lapse from CW for about 8 yrs.
I know its not specifically a morse tutor, but copying by ear and checking mistakes "on the go" certainly helped me.
Ted

WB4GUD Rating: 4/5 Jan 13, 2007 07:25 Send this review to a friend
Great product  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
A true plug 'n play item. I wired up an old mouse cord to a headset plug, connected the FT-100 up, loaded the software and started displaying CW. I'm still learning my way around the software and settings on the radio, but a really easy way to copy CW. The current issue of QST has a schematic for keying the -100, so I should be on CW shortly. Be sure to pay the $35, it's the right thing to do.I was ready to pay $90 for a MFJ461.

Anonymous Rating: 5/5 Jul 4, 2003 13:35 Send this review to a friend
Super cw decode  Time owned: more than 12 months
CW Get-
I've used Cw Get for over 2yrs now(as a brush-up
hi) on hf, and the decode is amazing..For general digital decode i've tried Zakanaka,MixW,
Throb,FeldHell,Hamscope(my favorite),Stream,WinWarbler,Digipan,and various
Dig programs-- but for CW I think that this is the
best. 73 Rick N6SPP SF Area

K8WV Rating: 5/5 Jul 2, 2003 20:00 Send this review to a friend
Really, really good!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
CW Get is fine, I suppose. But I don't use it. I tried it and it worked as well as such things do. My code speed is good enough that I usually just copy in my head. Besides, my old 75 MHz Pentium laptop doesn't have a sound "card." You have to have sound capability to use CW Get.

But CW Type is GREAT! Enough macros to handle the routine stuff, and quite good sounding code generation. If you can type faster than you can receive you have time to think without embarassing pauses. I'm having real conversations on cw for the first time.

It didn't much like my old 486, but with a Pentium it's fine -- AND IT'S FREE.

WZ7I Rating: 5/5 Oct 26, 2002 11:44 Send this review to a friend
Great to Zero Beat  Time owned: more than 12 months
Even if I were the best CW operator on the air, CwGet would still stay running in a small window on my PC screen. I use it to “zero beat” my Ten Tec Paragon to the exact frequency of the other fellow’s CQ call before I respond. CwGet in its current versions has a little marker you can insert for your transceiver’s CW offset. Then you tune the other fellow’s signal to that marker and reach for your key. Simple as that.

And I agree, I have never seen a CW decoder as sophisticated as this. But then, I would never admit I used it as a reader!

If you like this software, I encourage you to register it and pay the very reasonable $35 fee. This is shareware. You can try it all you want but the deal is that if you decide to keep it and use it, you owe the author his fee. Let’s keep good guys developing good tools. Sergei, UA9OSV, is one of the good guys!

AL1F Rating: 5/5 Aug 9, 2002 22:09 Send this review to a friend
Good software  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
I've used GetCW for almost a year now and really like it. It gave me the confidence to try CW at the begining, now I use it for the occaisional words I missed. It's simple and works well.

K1ZC Rating: 5/5 Jun 11, 2002 17:35 Send this review to a friend
Great taste, less filling  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I just completed a head-to-head review of five CW decoders. CWGet is a bare bones, no frills program but it performed very well in the tests. I decoded a test stream at 50 WPM with no problems on a very slow, tired, old laptop. Processor speed is important, this one sucks fewer CPU cycles than the others.

AD6WL Rating: 4/5 Feb 27, 2002 19:54 Send this review to a friend
Works  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
I have to agree with Larry. This item seems to work fairly well. It is the best CW reader that I have used so far. None of the MFJ readers worked at all. It dosn't work as well as the human ear but it does work. Download it for free and if you like it pay for registration. It's shareware.
73, Jim