Reviews Categories | Antennas: HF: Yagi, Quad, Rotary dipole, LPDA | Tennadyne T-7 Help

Reviews Summary for Tennadyne T-7
Reviews: 3 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $495
Description: 7 El. 17M-10M Log Periodic
More info: http://www.tennadyne.com/

You can write your own review of the Tennadyne T-7.

AB7FS Rating: 5/5 Apr 15, 2009 15:21 Send this review to a friend
Ice, 80mph+ winds, rain - Still works great!  Time owned: more than 12 months
I put this antenna up in 2002. It is at 80 feet - 10 feet above a 5 element monoband 20m yagi and directly below a Comet G3.

It went together easily, SWR is OK pretty well everywhere - a bit high at the top of 10 metres.

It has been up seven years, withstood winds gusting to 84 mph (14mph over the rated wind limit for my tower :-), a couple of bad ice storms, Oregon's endless rain, and bird poop (the starlings roost on it by the dozen). Still works just fine.

Great antenna - lots of bang for the buck :-)

W5LL Rating: 5/5 Aug 9, 2005 06:29 Send this review to a friend
Great antenna  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
Got mine for free which had some of it's elements bent up due to an unfortunate run in with a shredder while it was on the ground at it's previous QTH. The nice ham gave it to me with the condition that I invite him over if I was able to fix it and get it up in the air. Called Tennadyne the next day and described what I needed and $50 and two days later all the parts arrived to fix my new antenna! Everything fit perfectly. SWR is a little high on 10m high up in the band but other than that it was great on the other bands. Used the collins balun Tennadyne recommends with one modification. I put the balun on the mast instead of at the feedpoint which is at the front of the antenna. First contact was to Argentina with the antenna 5' off the ground. It's now up around 65' and I couldn't be happier with the results. We'll see how it holds up this winter as we get ice in this part of the country more than we do snow.

W8JJW Rating: 5/5 Feb 12, 2002 08:02 Send this review to a friend
Exceeded my expectations  Time owned: more than 12 months
The T-7 went together smoothly per the instructions..nice fitting components. I used the Collins balun Tennadyne reccommends.
I had it sitting on two milk cartons, the larger elements were even touching the ground, and I worked multiple contacts in Europe on 15M with 100W!
Now at 60ft, 7.5ft above a 4el 20M monobander, it has less than 1.5 SWR across it's bandwidth and performs very well. Couldn't be happier. The only downside is it seems to be noisy during moderate precipitation - rain or snow. The noise is radiated to my other beam as well. This antenna replaced a dual-band trapped beam that had no such noise.
For the conveniance of wide bandwidth, single feedline and efficiency..this is the way to go.