Reviews Categories | Antennas: HF: Vertical, Wire, Loop | Antennas & More G5RV Multi-Band Dipole Help

Reviews Summary for Antennas & More G5RV Multi-Band Dipole
Antennas & More G5RV Multi-Band Dipole Reviews: 35 Average rating: 4.6/5 MSRP: $39.95, 29.95, 59.95
Description: Three variations of G5RV - standard 102', 1/2 length 51', double length 204'
More info: http://www.antennasmore.com/g5rv.htm

You can write your own review of the Antennas & More G5RV Multi-Band Dipole.

KJ4JSN Rating: 1/5 Aug 17, 2015 05:05 Send this review to a friend
kj4jsn  Time owned: more than 12 months
The 102-ft G5RV is a crappy antenna that has beed marketed to the hill. The antenna has high losses. It is simply a non resident antenna. Why waste your time ant $ when you can build the G0GSF revised version of the G5RV for about 30 dollars and have a antenna that's resident on 5 bands NO TUNNER.73s

KJ4EOZ Rating: 0/5 Jun 14, 2015 03:15 Send this review to a friend
junk   Time owned: more than 12 months
This is why I dont like this antenna . It's junk !!!!
G5RV
17m 32.1 33.6
15m 6.1 12.9
12m 3.6 4.6
10m 51. 59.6
Best thing I ever did is take it down and put up a Carolina windom from radio works . Worst SWR is 1.8 without a tuner . G5RV will do ok on 20 meters but my Carolina windom from radio works rocks on 15m - 80m ok on 10 & 12

W9ATB Rating: 5/5 Feb 9, 2014 17:16 Send this review to a friend
Outstanding  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have been using this antenna for the past four years It's taken a beating from the thunderstorms to the ice with no problems. I have worked the world on cw and digital with 100w or less. Due to my location the antenna is only up about 18 feet and the ends only 6 feet off of the ground.

K8QV Rating: 5/5 Oct 19, 2013 11:05 Send this review to a friend
Excellent Value  Time owned: more than 12 months
I had the Jr. installed at the house for about 3 years. At 35 ft. it performed very well. The last few years it has been my portable antenna, when practical, and has done better than anything else I could put up in the field. Built strong and light, I would replace it instantly should something ever happen to it.

IZ1CLB Rating: 4/5 Oct 19, 2013 03:11 Send this review to a friend
Not bad  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I was exasperated by continuous experiments and to obtain a multiband antenna suitable for limited space. My antenna was a simple dipole 10-15-20 meters.
The choice fell on the famous G5RV, in the version built by Antennas and more (G5RV half-size).
I state now that the antenna had a large defect in the connection between the end of the balanced line and PL259 connector, secured only with a bit of heat shrink tubing, and this is not appropriate for preventing abundant water infiltration.
I proceeded to fix it with epoxy resin, and everything went fine.
Having said this, I must say that the antenna works very well.
Work without tuner on 40, 20 and 10 meters.
With an antenna tuner will work on all bands from 40 to 6 meters with good relationships.
It is an antenna with few frills and bottom price, however, has solved my problems.
Too bad for the horrible connector fixed it provisionally.

KI5SO Rating: 5/5 Oct 4, 2013 16:32 Send this review to a friend
Worth the money!  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
I usually build my own antennas and enjoy that aspect of the hobby, but for right around $100 shipped, I decided to buy a double g5rv 204 foot long antenna. I put up one half of it fairly flat top and the second half runs down a hill. The highest point is about 55'. The antenna is surprisingly quiet. It does an outstanding job on 160. It develops lobes and nulls, of course in the higher bands so sometimes it is great and sometimes not depending on the lobe or null. Forty meters works great also. Now, for those who love 75 meters here is some good news. My antenna does not require a tuner from around 3.875 to 3.920 thereabouts. The double g5rv has proven to outperform any other antenna I've put up for 75 meters, yes, even a 75 meter loop! The reception on 75 is incredible and I'm usually complemented on being one of the strongest stations in my area. I do not run an amplifier. The bottom line: If you like to get on 160 with a shorter antenna and have one that works other bands too, this is a good choice. If you'd like to get on 160 meters with a shorter antenna and put out a monster signal on 75, this antenna is for you. 75 is where it shines the most. I would buy it again.

VE6KK Rating: 5/5 Aug 29, 2010 18:58 Send this review to a friend
Great for portable and NVIS  Time owned: more than 12 months
I don't know how many times this antenna has been up and down. At 102ft it fits nicely between 2 trees at my cabin. And even if sagged down to only 20 ft. or so at the center it is fine with my 20w to check the local nets, ragchew, etc.

I just close the window (mostly) on the twinlead and straight into the tuner's coax input, no balun. The A&M G5RV and MGJ993 autotuner is a great combination. When I take it down I have a cheap plastic cord reel about 10 in. in diameter - the flex wire is very easy to coil up in about 5 minutes. Once the Scouts got it tangled in the portable crankup and ripped out a wire, but solder and hot glue - back in business.

A lot of people knock the so called G5RV, but remember this is really just a 102 ft. doublet, the length chosen so it almost matches on some bands without a tuner.

KK4CV Rating: 5/5 Aug 2, 2010 18:58 Send this review to a friend
Best G5RV for the $$$  Time owned: more than 12 months
This antenna is 5 yrs old, with "NO" problems.
Have tried several G5's and they did not last over 2 yr's and cost much more. A tuner is a must, but tunes easy. Easy to install, will not kink. Don't let the low price fool you. Order one
and try for yourself.

EI4GMB Rating: 5/5 Jun 10, 2010 15:29 Send this review to a friend
DXCC with half G5RV !!!  Time owned: more than 12 months
The half size G5RV(51ft)(10m,20m,40m) was the first antenna I purchased as a Radio Amateur. I installed it 35ft above the ground and sloping northwards in an east-west configuration. At sunspot minimum and using just 100W, I reached DXCC with contacts on 5 out of 6 continents!!! It is a truly remarkable antenna. I have since bought a Carolina Windom at 3 times the price and in many instances the 1/2 G5RV is better. So much so that I find myself constantly switching back to it. It is indeed a superb limited space antenna and even outperformed a vertical that I eventually took down. If you buy this antenna you will not be disappointed. It will definitely exceed your expectations!!!

K4IQT Rating: 5/5 Jun 10, 2010 13:09 Send this review to a friend
Works like a G5RV should  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I've installed this as a sort of stealth antenna, and it works exactly as a full-sized G5RV antenna should even though it is installed as a sloper. The hardware is lightweight but durable, and it does the job both visually and at radio frequencies. Anybody that can't make it work needs to add a coaxial choke at the feedpoint or get the antenna off the ground.