Reviews Categories | Ham Software - Other than logging | NuMorse Professional Help

Reviews Summary for NuMorse Professional
NuMorse Professional Reviews: 15 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $34.95
Description: CW Code Learning Program
More info: http://www.nu-ware.com/

You can write your own review of the NuMorse Professional.

W3KBD Rating: 5/5 Feb 28, 2003 16:47 Send this review to a friend
One Step ahead of me at every turn!  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
I feel a little guilty not having written a review sooner.

I evaluated most of the code programs before settling on NuMorse Pro. Tony Lacy has written a thorough program, and provided above and beyond support and encouragement.

Tony's program was instrumental in passing the 5WPM for me. During my use of NuMorse Pro, I was impressed with the programís depth and I sent several questions and 'Boy wouldn't it be great if the program did this' emails to Tony. Each was answered very promptly, thoroughly, and patiently explaining to me how to find what I had wished for! He had already thought about it and provided it.

Tony has definitely taken a great deal of time to think of everything one might need, and a whole lot more.

NuMorse Pro ran without bugs, and the support was terrific. It was a pleasure paying the nominal fee for the program. I highly encourage anyone to support the focused efforts of developers like Tony.

Highly recommended.

W3DCG Rating: 5/5 Oct 9, 2002 23:27 Send this review to a friend
It's cool.  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Well, if my lovely wife can ever find time she does want to get code down pat. So I searched, but in my quest, decided, if I'm gonna pay for a CW learning program, I'd like to use it to break past the 35 wpm barrier too!

Here it is! NuMorse- very excellent for those needing to pass code, and then, for those wishing to improve.

Excellent audio/visual devices. Random QSO generators allowing to select short, medium, and long QSO exchanges. Random pretend QSOs you can copy.

Allows for you to type along, and monitor progress, and have several user Profiles, with performance/improvement statistics stored for each individual user.

Worth the price without exception.

I'm pleased, and able to have it blasting away for head-copy true multitasking, as in now- listening to a good highspeed pretend QSO while I write this review!

It is a very cool program, although, a bit complicated.

KB1HRU Rating: 5/5 Aug 3, 2002 19:19 Send this review to a friend
Quality software  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
Bottom line...I passed the test. Tried code quick and found the user interface clumsy and the code sounds did not play well on my machine. However, the teaching concept and the use of voice in code quick for letters are very nice. But I owned both and the one I felt I made better progress with and was easier to use was nu morse.

NuMorse code features were solid. Professional looking and behaving code. Very flexable and intuitive to use. The written tests for the exam were helpful and made studying for the written exam a breeze.

One thing I have learned is that you may have to try several techniques to learn the code. Some people will find code quick or morse academy or something else will work. What works for one person may not work for you. The guys who gave me the exam said the same thing. Maybe its tapes, maybe its finding sound patterns, maybe its sending the code, maybe its working in a group... keep trying (hate to see you spend money but if you are really putting in the effort and nothing is happening try another tool)...if I can do it so can you!

Good luck.

DOESNT_MATTER Rating: 5/5 Jun 21, 2002 04:51 Send this review to a friend
Very good!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I paid for Code Quick and was very unsatisfied with it, especially for what I paid for it. I got lucky and found Numorse when I was bored. Thank goodness. 10 times the program the code quick is. It has sound a likes and alot of different learning methods like previously reviewed. I think it just needs the word spread by hams. I noticed that code quick gets alot of advertisement around the ham circles.

KG4PTM Rating: 5/5 Feb 14, 2002 22:37 Send this review to a friend
Great Software Package  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Great software package that is getting me up to speed learning morse code very quickly. The program has built in learning modules, either a default method, or the Koch method, with each having numerous lessons to learn the code. Very configurable, with many, many options. Has the ability to make wave files from the output, and has several input options including random characters, and the ability to add your own text files for CW output. Can create sample code tests, and associated question and answer drills. Can override the defaults of the program with your own aids to make learning morse code that much easier. Provides statistics on how you're doing, and what characters need improvement, etc.

Would definitely recommend for anyone who is interested in becoming CW certified. Small price to pay for such a large package of benefits. Have been using for about 2 weeks, and have already mastered nearly half of the requierd characters. Have also made 5 minute CD tracks of the drills at various speeds, to play in the truck, or at work, which was very easy to do.

The evaluation copy does not stop working, but gradually decreases the time that code will be played through the sound card before having to restart the program again. Purchasing was easy, via an external website, with a software key being mailed to me within 1 business day.