Reviews Categories | Amateur Radio Equipment Repair | Kenwood Repair Service Help

Reviews Summary for Kenwood Repair Service
Kenwood Repair Service Reviews: 43 Average rating: 3.0/5 MSRP: $(missing—add MSRP)
Description: Kenwood factory repairs
More info: http://www.kenwood.net/contact.cfm

You can write your own review of the Kenwood Repair Service.

N6HK Rating: 5/5 Aug 9, 2014 20:58 Send this review to a friend
Very good service.  Time owned: more than 12 months
Shipped my TS-590S to the FTH Group Inc., Kenwood's authorized factory repair facility. The problem I was having with the radio was no rf output and weak receive.

Via their Website, I was able to see exactly when my unit was received. In addition, I was able to track how my repairs were progressing.

I can say that from start to finish, including shipping the rig back, was handled with courtesy and professionalism.

N7FFO Rating: 0/5 Feb 3, 2014 14:03 Send this review to a friend
Won't fix older transceivers  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
After email communication with Kenwood Customer Service, I was advised to send my TS-50S to the Kenwood Service Center. They refused to repair it, saying it was out of production, and they couldn't find parts. This after being advised to send the radio in by Kenwood's own tech support. I'm out $45 shipping fees to and from with nothing to show for it. This is very frustrating.

G7UZN Rating: 5/5 Jul 21, 2013 12:00 Send this review to a friend
10 out of 10  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have a TM-D710 where the ceramic filters started to fail (faulty batch) I returned it to Kenwood UK......The filters were replaced and returned within 3 days free of charge. Now you can't argue with that.
FANTASTIC

N0SIB Rating: 5/5 Mar 23, 2013 10:44 Send this review to a friend
tech support   Time owned: 6 to 12 months
I have used the tech support a couple of times on older, out of production rigs and everytime, they have been just great. I wish every company had such great people and the willingness to help out. They've been kind and shown me were to turn to for parts or help if they have not been able to do it. I have delt with many companies on tech support over many years of working and there's is the best. GREAT JOB GUYS.

AA7QK Rating: 5/5 Jan 20, 2013 04:38 Send this review to a friend
Outstanding Service  Time owned: more than 12 months
I shipped my TS-2000 to the Kenwood Service Center on Jan 7 and received it back on Jan 17, 2013 - a 10 day turn around. The problems were repaired and the rig performs like new again. Their website allowed me to track the repair progress and even showed the UPS # to track the trip home. This as been a friendly and positive experience - way beyond my expectations.

It appears to me that Kenwood has addressed whatever past problems they may have had and have taken steps to now provide first class service for their amateur radio products.

My thanks and appreciation to Kenwood

KY6R Rating: 5/5 Jul 2, 2012 10:00 Send this review to a friend
FTH Group  Time owned: more than 12 months
Roy Pace and his crew did a great job with my Kenwood gear. They were in the middle of moving their office - but still turned the radio around in just over two weeks. I did like how I could track the progress of the repair on their web site - and when I called for a status they were courteous and professional.

WA6MOW Rating: 5/5 Nov 14, 2011 19:45 Send this review to a friend
Rapid Repair and Turn Around  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Seven days from the time I shipped my TS-590 to S. Calif for repair I had it back in perfect working order. What more could I possibly ask for?

AF4KK Rating: 5/5 Oct 6, 2011 01:22 Send this review to a friend
A 1-week turn-around time!!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
The Kenwood service center in Virginia was absolutely the best! I had my Kenwood 480SAT back in A WEEK and it now works perfectly! In addition, the staff was courteous and very helpful when checking on the status of my radio! Thank you, Kenwood for GREAT customer service!!

K7WWA Rating: 5/5 Jun 13, 2011 11:52 Send this review to a friend
Great Service  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I shipped a defective TH-D72 handheld radio to the
KENWOOD AUTHORIZED SERVICE CENTER - PACIFIC
16685 E. JOHNSON DR.
CITY OF INDUSTRY, CA 91745
Phone: 626-333-2443

UPS said that my radio arrived at the repair center around noon on Thursday. My radio was received, repaired, aligned and returned to UPS by 6pm Friday. That is excellent service.

AJ6B Rating: 1/5 May 14, 2010 11:42 Send this review to a friend
FTH Group -- Kenwood Repair West  Time owned: more than 12 months
I was hopeful after reading some reviews here that the new Kenwood repair service center on the west coast would be better, so I held off sending my radio until 4/5/2010. I sent them a TM742 with a simple battery replacement request as a test. (Unit worked fine except did not keep memory, simple repair to replace the battery.) They stated that 3 ICs needed to replaced as well as the battery due to the radio turning itself on/off (which I never experienced.) I have never ever received a phone call from these people. I've had to call every 3-4 days to get a new status update. First it was, the tech is busy and couldn't see it. Second it was, we don't have the parts we need to order them from Japan. Third it was, the parts are here but not sure where they are. Fourth it was, well the repair was done but it didn't pass quality control (sounds great.) Today is 5/14/10 and still no radio and I have no confidence that I will have it any time soon. Also the repair cost is estimated at $213.00. I guess I should of done it myself. I highly recommend not sending your unit to these guys. Maybe another service center is better? Unfortunately, I am not going to buy another Kenwood.