Reviews Categories | Amateur Radio Equipment Repair | Kenwood Repair Service Help

Reviews Summary for Kenwood Repair Service
Kenwood Repair Service Reviews: 46 Average rating: 3.0/5 MSRP: $(missing—add MSRP)
Description: Kenwood factory repairs
More info: http://www.kenwood.net/contact.cfm

You can write your own review of the Kenwood Repair Service.

AF4KK Rating: 5/5 Oct 6, 2011 01:22 Send this review to a friend
A 1-week turn-around time!!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
The Kenwood service center in Virginia was absolutely the best! I had my Kenwood 480SAT back in A WEEK and it now works perfectly! In addition, the staff was courteous and very helpful when checking on the status of my radio! Thank you, Kenwood for GREAT customer service!!

K7WWA Rating: 5/5 Jun 13, 2011 11:52 Send this review to a friend
Great Service  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I shipped a defective TH-D72 handheld radio to the
KENWOOD AUTHORIZED SERVICE CENTER - PACIFIC
16685 E. JOHNSON DR.
CITY OF INDUSTRY, CA 91745
Phone: 626-333-2443

UPS said that my radio arrived at the repair center around noon on Thursday. My radio was received, repaired, aligned and returned to UPS by 6pm Friday. That is excellent service.

AJ6B Rating: 1/5 May 14, 2010 11:42 Send this review to a friend
FTH Group -- Kenwood Repair West  Time owned: more than 12 months
I was hopeful after reading some reviews here that the new Kenwood repair service center on the west coast would be better, so I held off sending my radio until 4/5/2010. I sent them a TM742 with a simple battery replacement request as a test. (Unit worked fine except did not keep memory, simple repair to replace the battery.) They stated that 3 ICs needed to replaced as well as the battery due to the radio turning itself on/off (which I never experienced.) I have never ever received a phone call from these people. I've had to call every 3-4 days to get a new status update. First it was, the tech is busy and couldn't see it. Second it was, we don't have the parts we need to order them from Japan. Third it was, the parts are here but not sure where they are. Fourth it was, well the repair was done but it didn't pass quality control (sounds great.) Today is 5/14/10 and still no radio and I have no confidence that I will have it any time soon. Also the repair cost is estimated at $213.00. I guess I should of done it myself. I highly recommend not sending your unit to these guys. Maybe another service center is better? Unfortunately, I am not going to buy another Kenwood.

K7PKT Rating: 3/5 Mar 25, 2010 09:49 Send this review to a friend
Changing!  Time owned: more than 12 months
Kenwood Service Center West in Cerritos, CA is no longer! They now are located in City of Industry, CA and are called Kenwood Authorized Service Center - Pacific. Seems the old service center is finishing up what work they already have, but are not accepting any new shipments March 31, 2010.
The Kenwood Service Center West used to be fantastic... this would have been marked 5, except they denied my shipment of my dead D700 and just sent it back. I shipped it on the 17th, it arrived there on the 22nd, was held for two days then they sent it back, stating "Unable to deliver shipment, return to shipper - Delivery refused". I called Amateur Radio contact center, and while somewhat sympathic, the CSR told me that he agrees they should have just sent it to the new service center in City of Industry, but that the Cerritos center has been refusing shipments for a couple of weeks now.
Once I get my radio back, I'll have to ship it again to City of Industry. Can't say that I'm happy. Posting this so hopefully someone else doesn't get bit. 73

K6ABC Rating: 5/5 Jan 27, 2010 09:45 Send this review to a friend
Good quick service  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
Kenwood Service West in Cerritos lists their out of date address on their website. Check before sending. Difficult to check status while it's there. That said, quick, good service on a TM-D710A.

W7KEW Rating: 4/5 Oct 14, 2009 07:38 Send this review to a friend
Fast Response Problem Solved  Time owned: more than 12 months
I had an intermittent problem with my TH-F6A. I emailed Kenwood and received a response within 3 biz days. The response help my identify the problem and I fixed it myself. I have been a user of Kenwood products for 25 years and the company makes very good products.

N6KD Rating: 1/5 Jun 30, 2009 16:55 Send this review to a friend
Terrible Service  Time owned: more than 12 months
Kenwood took 3 months to fix two minor problems with my TS-950SD. I sent it in for a noisy tuner - and asked for a replacement for the CW button because the CW paint had worn off. The noisy tuner was merely lubricated. It cost $360 plus shipping.

DL7ISA Rating: 2/5 Nov 18, 2008 20:37 Send this review to a friend
unable  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
The Warranty time of the TS-570DG I had was going to expire in few weeks and the Finales blew. I called the Kenwood Repair Service and they first of all refused to repair the Transceiver, saying the Warranty is almost expired. I had to argue with these Guys on Telephone about the Radios Warranty although it was still there for Weeks! They repaired the blown Finals without charging Money but didnt fix the bad Modulation. I dont want to accuse them of not repairing the bad Modulation to make me send the Radio back in again for Reparation after Waranty Expiration to charge me extra Money, maybee they simply repair one Damage at a time but I happily divorced from this Radio by selling it. Nothing personal against these Kenwood Gentlemen but a Service like this made me stay away from Kenwood Amateurradio Equipment for Years.

G4IPZ Rating: 0/5 Jan 23, 2008 05:44 Send this review to a friend
Forget them!  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have a Kenwood TW4100E and a TS520SE. Both work just fine but I wanted a manual for the 4100E and the accesory cw filter for the 520SE for which I gave them the part number. ( know they're both old rigs but....)
Kenwood won't deal directly with the end user in the UK but a really helpful guy from a 3rd party company pursued my requirements for me.

Firstly they denied to him that there was ever any 2/70 dual bander rig called the TW4100E as they had never used the prefix TW on anything.

As for the CW filter, even given the part number, they denied that there had ever been any part with that code, even though it had come from the user handbook.

So as for Kenwood service support - useless, bloody useless!

WB7QXU Rating: 0/5 Nov 26, 2007 20:34 Send this review to a friend
The worst  Time owned: more than 12 months
I do not or will not ever own a Kenwood product. I a few years ago I owned a Kenwood TS-440, It spent over a year going back and forth to Kenwood for them to fix it. They seemed to fix one problem at a time, but failed to fix the other problems mentioned. Poor turn around time, and a few times the rig returned with no evidence of any repairs having been made. After a year and a half and $400 + in cost of repairs not to mention shipping. I found a club that wanted it. I took a loss and sold it, and they knew of the difficulty I had, but it was a back up to the TS-440 they were using. I guess it was the only way to recover the loss. Now I only will use Icom, or Ten Tec. Ten Tec is the best service I have ever experienced. They make it righ. Icom is good, I had my 751A serviced by them and no troubles or complaints.