Reviews Categories | Amateur Radio Equipment Repair | Kenwood Repair Service Help

Reviews Summary for Kenwood Repair Service
Kenwood Repair Service Reviews: 43 Average rating: 3.0/5 MSRP: $(missing—add MSRP)
Description: Kenwood factory repairs
More info: http://www.kenwood.net/contact.cfm

You can write your own review of the Kenwood Repair Service.

K7PKT Rating: 3/5 Mar 25, 2010 09:49 Send this review to a friend
Changing!  Time owned: more than 12 months
Kenwood Service Center West in Cerritos, CA is no longer! They now are located in City of Industry, CA and are called Kenwood Authorized Service Center - Pacific. Seems the old service center is finishing up what work they already have, but are not accepting any new shipments March 31, 2010.
The Kenwood Service Center West used to be fantastic... this would have been marked 5, except they denied my shipment of my dead D700 and just sent it back. I shipped it on the 17th, it arrived there on the 22nd, was held for two days then they sent it back, stating "Unable to deliver shipment, return to shipper - Delivery refused". I called Amateur Radio contact center, and while somewhat sympathic, the CSR told me that he agrees they should have just sent it to the new service center in City of Industry, but that the Cerritos center has been refusing shipments for a couple of weeks now.
Once I get my radio back, I'll have to ship it again to City of Industry. Can't say that I'm happy. Posting this so hopefully someone else doesn't get bit. 73

K6ABC Rating: 5/5 Jan 27, 2010 09:45 Send this review to a friend
Good quick service  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
Kenwood Service West in Cerritos lists their out of date address on their website. Check before sending. Difficult to check status while it's there. That said, quick, good service on a TM-D710A.

W7KEW Rating: 4/5 Oct 14, 2009 07:38 Send this review to a friend
Fast Response Problem Solved  Time owned: more than 12 months
I had an intermittent problem with my TH-F6A. I emailed Kenwood and received a response within 3 biz days. The response help my identify the problem and I fixed it myself. I have been a user of Kenwood products for 25 years and the company makes very good products.

N6KD Rating: 1/5 Jun 30, 2009 16:55 Send this review to a friend
Terrible Service  Time owned: more than 12 months
Kenwood took 3 months to fix two minor problems with my TS-950SD. I sent it in for a noisy tuner - and asked for a replacement for the CW button because the CW paint had worn off. The noisy tuner was merely lubricated. It cost $360 plus shipping.

DL7ISA Rating: 2/5 Nov 18, 2008 20:37 Send this review to a friend
unable  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
The Warranty time of the TS-570DG I had was going to expire in few weeks and the Finales blew. I called the Kenwood Repair Service and they first of all refused to repair the Transceiver, saying the Warranty is almost expired. I had to argue with these Guys on Telephone about the Radios Warranty although it was still there for Weeks! They repaired the blown Finals without charging Money but didnt fix the bad Modulation. I dont want to accuse them of not repairing the bad Modulation to make me send the Radio back in again for Reparation after Waranty Expiration to charge me extra Money, maybee they simply repair one Damage at a time but I happily divorced from this Radio by selling it. Nothing personal against these Kenwood Gentlemen but a Service like this made me stay away from Kenwood Amateurradio Equipment for Years.

G4IPZ Rating: 0/5 Jan 23, 2008 05:44 Send this review to a friend
Forget them!  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have a Kenwood TW4100E and a TS520SE. Both work just fine but I wanted a manual for the 4100E and the accesory cw filter for the 520SE for which I gave them the part number. ( know they're both old rigs but....)
Kenwood won't deal directly with the end user in the UK but a really helpful guy from a 3rd party company pursued my requirements for me.

Firstly they denied to him that there was ever any 2/70 dual bander rig called the TW4100E as they had never used the prefix TW on anything.

As for the CW filter, even given the part number, they denied that there had ever been any part with that code, even though it had come from the user handbook.

So as for Kenwood service support - useless, bloody useless!

WB7QXU Rating: 0/5 Nov 26, 2007 20:34 Send this review to a friend
The worst  Time owned: more than 12 months
I do not or will not ever own a Kenwood product. I a few years ago I owned a Kenwood TS-440, It spent over a year going back and forth to Kenwood for them to fix it. They seemed to fix one problem at a time, but failed to fix the other problems mentioned. Poor turn around time, and a few times the rig returned with no evidence of any repairs having been made. After a year and a half and $400 + in cost of repairs not to mention shipping. I found a club that wanted it. I took a loss and sold it, and they knew of the difficulty I had, but it was a back up to the TS-440 they were using. I guess it was the only way to recover the loss. Now I only will use Icom, or Ten Tec. Ten Tec is the best service I have ever experienced. They make it righ. Icom is good, I had my 751A serviced by them and no troubles or complaints.

KB7SX Rating: 0/5 Sep 24, 2007 09:48 Send this review to a friend
Kenwood charged a large amount and didn't fix the problem.  Time owned: more than 12 months
Kenwood charged nearly $200 to replace two parts worth less than $20 in my TS-50S and didn't fix the problem it was sent in for. Phone calls are forwarded to someone's voice mail and are not returned. If you don't want to be ripped off, I suggest checking the independent repair people in this category who have excellent ratings and use them. I expected the manufacturer's repair facility would be the best place to have the rig fixed, but that is not the case. I will not buy another Kenwood product no matter how good it is.

KB2PSM Rating: 3/5 Jul 11, 2007 07:15 Send this review to a friend
Mixed results  Time owned: more than 12 months
Over the last few years, I sent my TS-940SAT and my TM-741A to Kenwood for repairs.

The TM-741A came back in good working order. It wasn't a cheap fix, but I was happy to get this classic radio working again.

The TS-940SAT (with the known PS problems) came back working again, but within a few months in which I was able to make just a handful of contacts, it exhibited the same PS related problems. This is a heavy radio and is expensive to ship back and forth. After a few hundred dollars in repairs and over a hundred in insured shipping, I was back where I started from. Disgusted, I put the radio aside and picked up something new and reliable.

In the months that followed, I spoke to a radio repair guy that was familiar with this common problem. He fixed what Kenwood should have (they did not fully repair the faulty circuit which included a cold solder joint) and charged me $30 for the repair. The radio has been working flawlessly for the near four years since- as a Field Day and Contesting radio.

Also, and this really ticked me off, I sent my 940 back to Kenwood in its original carton and packaging. I figured that it was the safest way to go. When they shipped my radio back, it came in a plain brown box with basic packing materials. I wonder if my original box/packaging went to someone else's collection or it just got tossed. You would figure that if you sent your radio back in a box you bothered to save since 1987, that you wanted it and would get it back.

KA0CSL Rating: 0/5 Jul 10, 2007 18:21 Send this review to a friend
TS-940 SAT  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
Kenwood repair is a joke!!! BAD SERVICE, VERY COSTLY $550.00 & I HAD TO RETURN THE RIG 4 TIMES ON THE DAY IT CAME BACK FROM THEM 4 OUT OF BOX FAILURES!!! They never fixed the TS-940SAT and the last time it came back it was so trashed by being sent back and forth by UPS it turned into a claim. It wasnt fixed that time either! All this for a damaged VFO encoder. Dont use UPS! USPS priority mail is in 2 days and they dont beat it up!