Reviews Categories | Antennas: VHF/UHF+ Omnidirectional: verticals, mobile, etc | Diamond CR627B mobile antenna 6m/2m/70cm Help

Reviews Summary for Diamond CR627B mobile antenna 6m/2m/70cm
Diamond CR627B mobile antenna 6m/2m/70cm Reviews: 11 Average rating: 4.2/5 MSRP: $109.99
Description: Diamond CR627B mobile antenna, covers 6m/2m/70cm, UHF mount (CR627B) or NMO Mount (CR627BNMO). Rated 2.15/4.5/7.2 dB gain for 6m/2m/70cm respectively. 60" total length, black finish, 150 watts total capacity. Factory adjusted.
More info: http://www.rfparts.com/diamond/index.html

You can write your own review of the Diamond CR627B mobile antenna 6m/2m/70cm.

KG4OZL Rating: 5/5 Feb 19, 2002 15:16 Send this review to a friend
Tri-band mobile antenna with amazing performance  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
This is simply a very large tri-band mobile antenna that is unequaled in performance. I can work 70cm repeaters beyond 40 miles with an Icom IC-2800H and this antenna (I use the CR627BNMO.) 2M performance is excellent as well. I have had little opportunity to test 6M performance. Currently, I only have a 6M HT to connect to it, but with that it seems to do well. Recently on the way back from hamfest, I was able to talk with a buddy 6 miles behind me who was inside a car talking on a 300mw Alinco HT on 70cm. Like I say, this antenna is no joke! Funny thing, I have a smaller dual band Maxrad antenna that I sometimes use while I am in the city and it seems that the Diamond (even at three times the size and gain) gets far less intermod on 2m and 70cm - a big plus with that radio in a urban area! My only gripe about this antenna is its size. It produces quite a bit of wind load and does not clear many drive-thrus. Beware - this antenna is 5 feet long. Even on my VW GTI, this translates to 9'6" minimum clearance! It does fold over for parking in your garage / carport, though. You will probably need to engineer some sort of reinforcement underneath your roof if you mount it there. A long threaded NMO mount through a piece of 3/16" plate steel on the inside side of your roof does the trick. But hey, it is the size that makes it work so well! All said, I'm glad that I chose this antenna for my mobile! It is worth every penny of the $100 I paid for it. If you have the clearance, I highly recommend it.