Reviews Categories | Antennas: HF: Vertical, Wire, Loop | Antennas & more TNT Windom Help

Reviews Summary for Antennas & more TNT Windom
Antennas & more TNT Windom Reviews: 12 Average rating: 4.1/5 MSRP: $129.95
Description: No Tune 10 to 80 Meters Windom
32 feet long with 97 feet of coax. Using
quiet flex non kink coated wire
More info: http://www.antennasmore.com

You can write your own review of the Antennas & more TNT Windom.

KG5UN Rating: 5/5 Mar 4, 2010 14:46 Send this review to a friend
Fantastic!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I used one of these antennas years ago when they were sold by Antennas West and was very pleased.
After a few years of inactivity I returned to the air was unhappy to learn that Antennas West were no longer in business. I went ahead and tried another windom design from a company in Virgina and took it down and sent it back for a refund within 12 hours! After a little more research I discovered Antennas&More and was thrilled. The antenna I received from them was just as I remembered and the perfomance was as well. Loads well on all bands, I only need a tuner on 15 meters. It is by far the best HF wire antenna I have ever used.

NC2F Rating: 4/5 Jul 13, 2009 06:33 Send this review to a friend
The TNT finally came down  Time owned: more than 12 months
My TNT Windom is now DOA and removed. Despite some issues in the months prior to it's demise, I give it a 4+.

One of the key issues I noticed that occurred with age was that the standing wave ratio was high where it hadn't been and grew more problematic in time. I suspect it had to do with degradation through stretching and the like. Despite replacing the feed line up to the balun with new (and triple checked connections), it didn't help. A temp dipole proved it was the TNT windom and nothing else in-line.

I am now in a position of considering a replacement. Later this year or early next my first tower will go in at my QTH, but I will still run a wire antenna as well for 80/75 and 40. There's alot of competition (price and quality) among commercially made wires now in many configurations from G5RV's to OCF's. Some of my home brews I feel have been contenders as well for a wire solution for me. Not certain as of this update which I will do for replacement but I am leaning towards one of the True Talk G5RV's that I can match with my Ten Tec tuner. The 102' also save some 30+' of wire length that will also give me a bit more flexibility with where I can use mounting points at my QTH helping to keep it in a better straight/ flat top configuration with decent height. But as mentioned above that while it was in use and in specification, the Antennas and more Windom served me well.

KC9IMT Rating: 0/5 Dec 30, 2007 05:03 Send this review to a friend
Terrible in EVERY aspect!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
My CC was charged the day I ordered it, 3 months later, it still hadn't shipped. I called him 5 times, spoke to him twice, with promises that it would "ship that day" and "I'll call you when I get home... I'm on vacation."

I've heard the excuses... Small company, high demand now that the code requirement is gone... That's not acceptable. Here's a thought - don't make your antennas "on demand" ... Make them and stock them like normal companies. If I did my job like this, I'd be fired - that's the bottom line.

A few of my friends actually received this antenna and love it, thus why I did purchase a Windom... Just not from this guy.

VA7FU Rating: 5/5 Nov 19, 2006 15:20 Send this review to a friend
STILL WORKING  Time owned: more than 12 months
2002 I wrote 3 years and it was great. Last year I lost my tree 132 feet away from my other tree to highway ezpansion. So I decided to make HSQ out of it I changed A & M measurements to flat top 84 ft not the 64ft (tree there) that left the tails 23 ft instead of 33 feet.It is the bottom of the cycle and I have WAS 20/40 QRP 3 watts. It works really well thank you.
Dennis VE7IPU/VA7FU

N2UM Rating: 5/5 Nov 12, 2005 07:19 Send this review to a friend
Fine antenna  Time owned: more than 12 months
We travel around in the southeast with our fifth wheel trailer during winter. I'm using the 10-40 meter version of the TNT Windom. I've tried many different antennas including screwdrivers, Hustler verticals with radials, dipoles and long wires with tuners. Nothing compares to the performance of this antenna! Right now we're on the side of a hill in the Blue Ridge Mountains of western Virginia (a beautiful place!) the antenna is strung from two trees about 18 feet above the ground. It's doing a great job. I've worked all continents with about 75 watts in a little more than a week.

This antenna is well worth the money!

K4SX Rating: 5/5 Sep 25, 2005 10:25 Send this review to a friend
Fritzel Windom  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I just recently installed a Fritzel windom antenna at the QTH of K0LDL, replacing his all-band 450 ohm antenna installed a few years ago. I must say my first impression of this antenna was very positive. I am truly impressed. His antenna is the 500w PEP input version at 1.5 to 1 SWR. There are only 2 bands that require a tuner; 80M and 15M. The SWR on these 2 bands were only 3 to 1 SWR so the Drake tuner easily matched the antenna to the KWM-380. All other bands were 1.5 to 1 or less. After on-the-air tests were made, we were extremely pleased with antenna's performance. The construction materials of this antenna are professional quality. We highly recommend this antenna if you are looking for a all-band antenna. I would like to thank K0KDL and K0LDL for their assistance in field testing the antenna.

VA3KAI Rating: 5/5 Apr 27, 2005 11:06 Send this review to a friend
Great multi-band antenna for cottage  Time owned: more than 12 months
Ordered the TNT Windom (really an OCF dipole) about 4-5 years ago - it is the older model with a PVC center support and in-line choke. The antenna has worked great over the entire time both as a 120 degree inverted-vee and in a half-square configuration (33'-66'-33') both about 35' off the ground. TS450 auto-tuner matches with little effort across all bands except 160M & 30M (works marginally on 160M and 30M with external tuner). Best set-up is the half-square - it is aligned N-N/E (long end) to give me a slight null S-S/W (blocks out loud U.S. stations at my eastern Ontario QTH) and some gain to DX targets. Quieter than my original inverted 102' G5RV and better reports both ways (probably due to lower take-off angle and high angle nulls) - particularly good on 40M, 20M and 17M. Would recommend to anyone.

NC2F Rating: 5/5 Jul 2, 2004 14:00 Send this review to a friend
The best wire antenna, period.  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have written prior reviews on this antenna since I bought it over 3 years ago and it still is the best performing wire antenna I have ever used, and outperforms every vertical I have ever tried and even some beams.

I consider this more than an antenna, I call it my "Antenna System". It is that good of a design.

It has survived through several brutal winters, many wind storms and even the impact of a tree limb that fell on it. Despite the environmental exposure, this windom still performas as great as the day I first installed it. This is a testament to the quality build and materials that have gone into this antenna

Follow the instructions for optimum performance, but even if you have to change the installation angles or add a few extra feet of feedline, it's still a great performing and VERY forgiving antenna that can be operated 80-6 with excellent signal to wave ratios. It should be call the "Carolina "EP" Windom" because Efficiency and Performance are it's middle names in my book.

Dennis, NC2F

AD4BG Rating: 0/5 Sep 26, 2003 06:49 Send this review to a friend
AWFUL  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I order one of theses antennas and it never worked very high SWR Antenna and Coax came together sent it back 4 months ago will not return money will not answer emails

AA1ZT Rating: 5/5 Dec 16, 2002 21:45 Send this review to a friend
Works well  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
Have the 132 feet "classic" Windom. It's been installed up in the trees as a flat top at 55-60 feet off the ground. No tuner necessary on all HF bands except 15 and 30 m. Interestingly, 160 m can also be tuned (SWR is about 3-4 without tuner) and the antenna will perform about 12 dB below a full-sized inverted vee at the same height, which is still OK for local QSO's. Performance has been good on 80, 40 and 30 meters, and very good on 20 meters. I found the antenna to perform a little less on bands higher than 15 m, though. The old legend that Windoms won't work DX because of poor low angle radiation is non-sense. Indeed, this antenna will never match the performance of a beam. Nevertheless, I worked QRP DXCC in less than 6 months with it. Nearly invisible from my street; it blends in the trees quite well. I would recommend it without hesitation to anyone looking for a one-fits-all, inexpensive wire antenna.