Reviews Categories | Antennas: HF: Vertical, Wire, Loop | Antennas & more TNT Windom Help

Reviews Summary for Antennas & more TNT Windom
Antennas & more TNT Windom Reviews: 12 Average rating: 4.1/5 MSRP: $129.95
Description: No Tune 10 to 80 Meters Windom
32 feet long with 97 feet of coax. Using
quiet flex non kink coated wire
More info: http://www.antennasmore.com

You can write your own review of the Antennas & more TNT Windom.

NC2F Rating: 5/5 Jul 17, 2002 10:17 Send this review to a friend
Hard to beat  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
If you can string a line through a tree and have enough area to walk across your yard to hang this wire end to end, there is little need to use anything else, period. I have been using this antenna now since December 6, 2001 and I do not intend to use anything else.

I have operated this antenna at variable heights from 30' to 60' and I have say that performance at the lower height remained superb. I use this antenna with my iCom IC-746 and 80-10 I can operate without tuning, and when tuned I routinely get 1:1 or close untuned SWR on most bands with 15M being the only exception.

My current Windom is mounted in flat top formation with a 30 degree right angle bend at the feed point for purposes of better mounting points. Because of the excellent performance I have experienced at the lower mounting level, I kept it at about 35' or so to save myself from dealing with issues of higher tree mounting fixes after storms, etc...

I plan on adding another windom to my property as a second/spare on another part of my property.

73 de Dennis NC2F

VE7IPU Rating: 5/5 Feb 21, 2002 22:36 Send this review to a friend
Fantastic wire antenna  Time owned: more than 12 months
Just going into its 3 rd year of operation at my QTH. The only band it needs a tuner on is 15M.
Full Power out on all the bands with my transistor rig. Two years in a row the wind brought it down and snapped the connection. Shipped off to The fellows for repair and returned as good as new NO CHARGE!!!! Best wire antenna I have used and would buy it again. I had a trapped sloper and it was junk.