Reviews Categories | Antennas: VHF/UHF+ Omnidirectional: verticals, mobile, etc | Antennas & More "Pocket-J " Help

Reviews Summary for Antennas & More "Pocket-J "
Antennas & More Reviews: 4 Average rating: 4.0/5 MSRP: $22.95
Description: Dual-Band 2meter/70 cm roll-up emergency antenna with SMA.
More info: http://www.antennasmore.com/prod02.htm

You can write your own review of the Antennas & More "Pocket-J ".

G7UJY Rating: 5/5 Jul 24, 2005 12:15 Send this review to a friend
Good emergency antenna  Time owned: more than 12 months
I think Ant & More have stopped making this antenna, however the dimensions and construction details are on the Internet. I have used this antenna for emergency comms exercises hung from a tree and connected to an Alinco cross band repeater. This antenna is 3/4 wave at 2m and also matches well at 70cm. On one occasion all operaters within a 25 sq mile box where in mobile and HT contact with the control point using 5W on 2m and 3.5W on 70cm. The antenna can roll up to fit into your trouser pocket but in my case it fits into the aluminium carry case for the talkthrough unit and battery. This antenna is perfect for trips and holidays along with a dual band ht or handheld as we call them. I ordered mine from A&M and it arrived here in GB just a few days later.

KC0PBC Rating: 1/5 May 29, 2003 17:52 Send this review to a friend
Disappointed, no support so far  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I had high hopes for this antenna, but have been disappointed so far (and have gotten zero support). I received my antenna quickly (the SMA version). It looks reasonably well constructed. I hooked it up, and it doesn't seem to be working. My OEM rubber ducky easily outperforms it. I've written a few emails to the Antennas & More folks over nearly three weeks now, and have gotten no response at all. I bought this thing instead of building one because I wanted to save a bit of my time -- I've probably put as much time into getting in contact with these people as I would have put into just building one on my own. IOW - not worth it in my opinion, and I can't in good conscience recommend it to anyone else.

KB2ZZP Rating: 5/5 Oct 25, 2002 19:09 Send this review to a friend
GREAT Pocket antenna  Time owned: more than 12 months
Great antenna. Wire J-Pole. Can be purchased with BNC or SMA connector. Uses very thin coax between the radio and antenna. Have used it while traveling, camping and hiking. If the hand held comes on a trip so does the dual band J-pole. There is hardly a trip I go on without it. Comes with a suction cup to stick it to a window. Cord loop allows you to hang it from almost anything. Very portable. I have one at work also for emergency use and monitoring. 1/2 wave antennas need no ground and radiate in all directions evenly. I highly recommend you buy one OR make one - you can find plans on the net. The Dual band 2 meter and 440 make it a great companion for my Yaesu VX-7 and VX-5. You will be amazed how much better it works than a stock rubber duck for both transmit and receive. I used it in sub zero weather backpacking on a mountain. I ran the coax out of the tent to a "branch" tripod I made. Talked to people snug in their shacks from my sleeping bag.

KG4RQP Rating: 5/5 Feb 22, 2002 01:09 Send this review to a friend
Great and Practical for the New Ham  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I am a new ham and I have a Radio Shack HTX-245 dual-band HT with .7 watt on batteries. The OEM duckie was getting out OK, but I needed more punch from my 3rd floor office. I get 2-3 more S-units from this antenna and I can hit 5 more repeaters. This thing really rolls up tight and can fit into my briefcase. I'm using it in the house right now to monitor as I write this review. I intend to put up a regular J-pole at my QTH in Central Florida, but this antenna really works great. If you are antenna-challenged or want something portable, this really works great!