Reviews Categories | Antenna Tuners | Daiwa CNW 518 Help

Reviews Summary for Daiwa CNW 518
Daiwa CNW 518 Reviews: 8 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $price of the daiwa cnw 518
Description: 3.5 to 30 MHZ switched inductor 2.5kw tuner with cross-needle meters
More info: http://n/a

You can write your own review of the Daiwa CNW 518.

K2HIG Rating: 5/5 Feb 5, 2009 20:51 Send this review to a friend
Great little tuner  Time owned: more than 12 months
I love this tuner ... it is small but handled the Collins 30L1 with no strain .. the vernier dials are a great feature ... easy to change bands using a "cheat sheet" ... i've had others, this is a keeper ..
regards and 73's ..Gerry ... K2HIG

K6YE Rating: 5/5 Feb 26, 2008 20:23 Send this review to a friend
GREAT TUNER  Time owned: more than 12 months
This tuner is really rated at 1KW. I had one for some time and just sold it. The only shortcoming I could see was the lack of 160 meters. It has a tapped non-rotary inductor so it does not have the continous range of a SA-2060 or AT2K but it will generally get the job done.

The chap who purchased it from me in January 2008 is pleased as punch with its performance. I think a lot of Daiwa products and believe this tuner rocks.

Semper Fi,

Tommy - K6YE
DX IS

PE2AJM Rating: 5/5 Dec 26, 2005 12:20 Send this review to a friend
Great and very solid antennatuner  Time owned: more than 12 months
Very good (Collins type) tuner with large cross needle meter. Max power 1kW but also suitable for QRP (meterreading power 20/200/1000 W).

Some remarks:
- lacks 1.8 MHz
- no backgroundlight for SWR meter

Nevertheless a GREAT tuner.

N4GAN Rating: 5/5 Mar 28, 2004 00:06 Send this review to a friend
JUST WON'T QUIT . . .  Time owned: more than 12 months
This will be very short. It is the one constant in my shack. Amps come and go. Rigs come and go. This antenna tuner - stays.

W7KID Rating: 5/5 Nov 16, 2003 21:12 Send this review to a friend
Excellent & Compact for a High Power Tuner  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I saw one for sale not too long ago, and after reading the reviews I snagged it up. It works excellent with all my antennas, vertical and wires. I didn't get the power connector with it, so I put anderson connectors on it for the power. I'm very amazed at the power handling capability for its size. It's not that much bigger than the MFJ 949E that I had, however there's no comparison between the two when it comes to build quality and performance. The only reason I may get rid of it is to buy a tuner that also covers 160. But with as well as it works everywhere else, 160 may just have to wait, HI.

73, Ken
W7KID

VK2NW Rating: 5/5 Nov 4, 2002 05:53 Send this review to a friend
Perfect  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I have just managed to get a hold of a mint example of the 518 and I cannot believe my luck. This has got to be the best tuner I have ever got my hands on for a price any Ham can afford. Had a sneak look inside and this one very impressive tuner. Daiwa got it right when they put this one together. (Anyone want a 969C?) I am sure I will get many long hours of work from it and now my next challenge is to locate a second one. So easy to tune the antenna with this unit, just so easy. Gary

M3SDX Rating: 5/5 Jul 24, 2002 13:19 Send this review to a friend
brilliant  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
one of my biggest regrets !!!selling my daiwa 518 about 2 years ago..these tuners are one of the best heavy duty tuners made..2kw tuner if i remember and everything about the daiwa 518 is bullet proof...what a joke when i brought a mfj 3kw tuner(rubbish) compared to the 518...if you can get your hands on one you wont be dissapointed..BUY IT there in a class of there own.

N4SNL Rating: 5/5 Feb 22, 2002 07:19 Send this review to a friend
Great tuner very durable user friendly  Time owned: more than 12 months
This is a great tuner and I don't know if Diawa still makes these but I would buy another one. It has surved me well for 14 years and never let me down. The only down side is it doesn't have a light for the crossneedle meter. Otherwise, if you can find one in good shape, buy it. If you don't mind a manual tuner this one works very well.