Reviews Categories | Antennas: HF Mobile & Accessories | Texas Twister 2000 Help

Reviews Summary for Texas Twister 2000
Reviews: 1 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $499
Description: This is a high power capable screwdriver antenna built by Henry Allen. The same guy that makes the Texas Bugcatcher at GLA.
More info: http://texasbugcatcher.com/

You can write your own review of the Texas Twister 2000.

K9SL Rating: 5/5 Feb 22, 2002 15:46 Send this review to a friend
Works great!  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
I purchased this antenna from Henry because I needed a rugged antenna that could handle high power and will be able to be moved from vehicle to vehicle with no problems. I have the antenna set up so that it can be mounted on the hitch of my truck or the ladder on my fifth wheel trailer. I bonded the antenna ground to the frame on the truck and had excellent results on all bands. One evening, a fellow in LA on 80 asked me how big an amplifier I was running. Just 100 watts! I have also worked JA's on 15 and 20 with no probs from the truck. When I am at home, I relocate the antenna to the ladder on my fifth wheel which I have bonded to the frame. I have also run 70 radials from an aluminum plate directly under the antenna. With this set up I run a control cable and coax back to the house and I also have run an LK800 amp. I have made contacts with much dx such as Pakistan, Niger, UK, Algeria, Russia... The antenna works very well and tunes up easily. I recommend this antenna to anyone who is looking for a well made screwdriver antenna and wants to run high power through it.