Reviews Categories | Transceivers: VHF/UHF+ Amateur Base/Mobile (non hand-held) | Motorola CDM1550 Help

Reviews Summary for Motorola CDM1550
Motorola CDM1550 Reviews: 4 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $717-875
Description: Luxurious 128-Channel Base/Mobile. Feature-Packed.
More info: http://www.motorola.com/cgiss/mobiles/cdm1550.shtml

You can write your own review of the Motorola CDM1550.

KH6TA Rating: 5/5 Mar 3, 2015 23:09 Send this review to a friend
Awesome radio, but......  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I replaced an older GM300 due to its limit to 16CH, this CDM1550LS has up to 160 conventional, more than I will ever need. I really like now being able to keep different services in their own zones, wow, so many variable things you can custom tailor! This is a luxury radio and works great, my only gripe is that the internal speaker sounds like crap! Adding an external speaker made it sound as good as the old GM300's. Bottom line is I really love this radio and have one in my new 2015 Toyota Tacoma TRD Off-Road 4x4. I also put one in my office to keep in touch on our repeater.

KG4DGN Rating: 5/5 Nov 10, 2009 11:59 Send this review to a friend
Great  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
I like my CDM1550, But the model I have is 160 Channels and also does LTR trunking. I love the fact is it remote mountable. Which I use.
KG4DGN

W1KFR Rating: 5/5 Apr 8, 2004 23:07 Send this review to a friend
Outstanding Radio  Time owned: more than 12 months
I currently own 4 of these radios. I have UHF, UHF-LS and 2 VHF. I have one VHF and UHF in my city vehicle that I use every day for ham, firefighting and public works. After getting the radio set-up and getting the buttons the way I wanted them, the radio performs flawlessly. The radios have been on 24/7 since 2001. The other 2 are in my house as base stations connected to external antennas for home use. The radios are connected to a 12 volt power supply and have also been on 24/7 without failure. I got them in 2001 and so far they are still going strong. So, I think and personally believer this radio rocks!

KC2GFG Rating: 5/5 Feb 23, 2002 14:57 Send this review to a friend
Excellent Radio.  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
One of Motorola's best ever made. 128 Channels is more than plenty for my Ham channels & Public safety channels, with about 40 channels to spare. Signal Strength meter is a great feature, especially for ham use. I have used it on several occasions for long QSO's and it only gets nominally hot. TONS OF FEATURES. You'll never get done programming & trying out all the new features packed into it. DTMF, MDC-1200, QUICK-CALL II signalling decode & ENCODE. Only setback is you'll need to have it programmed or get a hold of the supplies yourself.