Reviews Categories | Microphones | RadioShack Foam WindScreen #33-4001 Help

Reviews Summary for RadioShack Foam WindScreen #33-4001
RadioShack Foam WindScreen #33-4001 Reviews: 4 Average rating: 2.3/5 MSRP: $3.99
Description: Microphone Foam Windscreen for larger microphone head fits over mic head to help cut breath sounds and wind noise.
More info: http://www.radioshack.com

You can write your own review of the RadioShack Foam WindScreen #33-4001.

K9FON Rating: 0/5 Nov 9, 2008 16:42 Send this review to a friend
Sucks!  Time owned: more than 12 months
Made my audio sound worse than without the windscreen. One day, i accidently dropped it on the floor and my Cocker Spaniel chewed it to pieces! Oh well, no big lost.

KC9GUZ Rating: 5/5 Jan 25, 2008 17:20 Send this review to a friend
no gripes here  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I got one of these windscreen to use with my 33-3042 Radio Shack vocal mike hooked to a Kenwood TS 830S. I have not noticed any articulation loss at all. Maybe the other reviewers were just overly picky audiophiles? I have gotten nothing but great audio reports from most everyone i talk to. No problems here!

WB5TVI Rating: 2/5 Feb 25, 2002 08:25 Send this review to a friend
Articulation Loss  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I totally agree with WV4R. After putting the windscreen on my Heil Goldline Microphone, I noticed a loss of quality in the monitor. I did the on / off test to verify...yes, this thing should be called a speech destroyer. After reading WV4R's review I did the wash test and guess what...a sink full of black dye/paint. After drying, it does sound better. However, I'm off to the music store to find a less dampening solution.

Don WB5TVI

WV4R Rating: 2/5 Feb 24, 2002 20:24 Send this review to a friend
Once again... you May get what you pay for...  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
Recently in my pursuit of amateur audio excellence, I purchased a new 'studio style' microphone. When I opened the box I noticed there was No protective windscreen included to protect it from the ravages of use. I perused a number of sources and noted price variations of an amazing magnitude from 2.99 to 49.99! Reluctantly I opened my RatShack catalog and voila.. there were Three from which to choose... and all under $5... So... I dashed off to the local RatShack to pick up a simple foam windscreen.

Getting it on my mic was a bit of a tight fit even though it was Described to be for Larger mics.

On Air testing confirmed a bit of articulation lost through the foam... Not quite transparent.

After cookies & milk, on the air, I noticed the screen was collecting spittle, cookie crumbs and unknown 'stuff' so I pried it off the mic and soaked it in warm water and anti-bacterial soap to clean it up.

I really started to scramble for the rinse water when it started to really Bleed... yes... Bleed! It was a good thing I was using the kitchen sink because the amount of dye that leached out blackened the sink And my hands and I was afraid it might be permanent stuff! I lucked out and the thick black stuff washed off the sink and my hands with dish washing detergent.

After air drying it overnight, I put it back on the mic and my audio reports Improved!

The foam is thick. The fit is tight. the stain is temporary. The price is relatively cheap.

I couldn't help wondering what the Real use of this foam was before RatShack shaped it and called it a microphone screen.

After a bit of soul searching, I will give it a (Needs Help) 2/5... only because of the price And because the stain finally did wash off.

73 es God bless, murf/wv4r