Reviews Categories | Transceivers: VHF/UHF+ Amateur Base/Mobile (non hand-held) | Alinco DR112 vhf mobile tranceiver Help

Reviews Summary for Alinco DR112 vhf mobile tranceiver
Alinco  DR112 vhf mobile tranceiver Reviews: 4 Average rating: 4.5/5 MSRP: $139.95
Description: 2 meter mobile tranceiver with extended receive capabilities
More info: http://www.alinco.com

You can write your own review of the Alinco DR112 vhf mobile tranceiver.

K7UNZ Rating: 5/5 Dec 15, 2007 05:09 Send this review to a friend
Hard to beat reliability  Time owned: more than 12 months
Bought new in 1992, it's been installed in my Blazer ever since.

What more can I say? 15 years later it still looks/works like new. Never a problem, not even a blown fuse (hi).

73, Jim/k7unz

VE1GLN Rating: 4/5 Nov 15, 2007 13:41 Send this review to a friend
Decent simple radio  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I recently received this radio in a non-working condition from a friend, he though it had a processor problem. When I got it home, and fired it up, I noticed the VFO would only tune between 869 - 880 Mhz??? A 144 Mhz radio on 880??

After some investigation with my good friend Google, I came to find out that this is the result of a TX MOD for the radio, once modded, if you hit "f" and the "Mhz" the radio switches band from 144 -> 340 -> 880 and around again and again.

I opened up the radio and found a spot on a sub board where it's labeled 320-340 and 870-890, but there are no components there, so I assume it's some sort of expansion, or alternate model...

Anyway, the radio works great, I had to replace all the mini lamps in the radio, but besides that I'm happy with it, it does seem a bit flimsy, but for a simple car radio, or house rig, I'm sure it will last me a while.

AF4K Rating: 5/5 May 10, 2003 03:45 Send this review to a friend
Pretty good older rig  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I bought this rig used at a hamfest. It looks like it is a few years old and had some scratches on the case from mobile use.

Expect to pay $50.00 to $80.00 for one of these in today's market.

I have not used it much yet, but it seems adequate. The display could be hard to see while
driving as it is quite small. Now I am trying to find a mobile bracket, because mine is missing.

The mic does not appear to be too well made, but again it has not failed.

Alinco has the manual available for download from their web site, which is nice of them!

Pictures of most Alinco rigs are at:

I would recommend this radio to anyone looking for a second mobile rig or an inexpensive way to get on 2m FM.

K1CJS Rating: 4/5 Feb 25, 2002 22:13 Send this review to a friend
Good second radio  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
This radio was purchased used strictly for use as a back-up unit. Good audio, both transmit and receive,
adaquate power and sensitivity. Two power levels,
easy programming. Draws approx 12 Amp transmit/full power. Now being used as an at home rig with a 20 watt power supply.

Easy removal from three position mobile mount bracket utilizing a spring and offset slot/cam system. 2 terminal molex type power connector, antenna pigtail,
and jack for external speaker.