Reviews Categories | Ham Software - Logging | xlog Help

Reviews Summary for xlog
xlog Reviews: 14 Average rating: 4.5/5 MSRP: $$0
Description: Xlog is an easy to use program for logging your radio contacts. Contacts are saved in a browsable list which can be edited.

You can write your own review of the xlog.

AA3EJ Rating: 5/5 Nov 11, 2007 08:54 Send this review to a friend
Works great with Ubuntu 7.10  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Xlog v 1.5 is a great logging program for Linux.It was tested under Ubuntu (current) Linux Distribution v 7.10 and Xlog v 1.5 and works great!.Have my entire paper logs loaded from 1957, Window shows QSO's previously worked. Search on any call and windows displays search results. Awards,DXCC,and most important to me is the previous contact window all can be left open with the main logging window.etc..Nice stable ham radio logging offering for the latest Linux Ubuntu 7.10 distro.
73's Dave, aa3ej
SM7YEA Rating: 3/5 Nov 5, 2004 14:27 Send this review to a friend
Promising but not good enough  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Well the log software has some good features, runs nicely under linux (I use Fedora) without any problems. Easy to instal. Has user friendly screen shots. Lots of good things.
The major draw back is that it is not good for fast intuitive qso entering. One has to use either a mouse or tab-key to go to ADD button to enter the QSO. Under pile-up I do not have time to play with the mouse. Some other things that I do not like is the lack of possibility for managing the fields more freely and lack of automatically update of some other fields like time. Currently one has to press the button to enter the time.
But since the code is open one can add some extra deatures. Good luck
K7VO Rating: 5/5 Jan 26, 2004 11:41 Send this review to a friend
Easy to use, more features than before  Time owned: more than 12 months
I use xlog 0.9.1 on my home PC and my Toshiba Libretto, both of which are running Fedora Core, the latest free version of RedHat Linux. I am very well pleased. The program is intuitive, easy to use, can handle multiple logs, edits, merges, and will export in several formats including Cabrillo for contests.

xlog also ties into hamlib for automated gathering of information (i.e.: operating frequency, mode) for a wide variety of ham rigs with computer interfaces. The software is very configurable for personal tastes as well.

I am completely pleased with this software and you certainly can't beat the price since it's free. It's also Open Source, meaning a ham with programming skills can modify it as needed.

I've used previous versions of xlog for the last year and a half or so. It just keeps getting better.
N8VW Rating: 5/5 Feb 26, 2002 09:41 Send this review to a friend
Great logger  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Just started using this since I just put up a 40 dipole. Not a lot of features, but I don't need a swiss army knife only a log book. Highly recommend for the Linux users.