Reviews Categories | Antennas: HF: Vertical, Wire, Loop | NI4L CUSTOM RESONANT DIPOLE Help

Reviews Summary for NI4L CUSTOM RESONANT DIPOLE
NI4L CUSTOM RESONANT DIPOLE Reviews: 14 Average rating: 4.6/5 MSRP: $35.99
Description: LEGAL LIMIT ++ CUSTOM MADE CENTER FED DIPOLE Made with the same components used by our military forces today Custom made to YOUR FREQUENCY of operation
More info: http://www.ni4l.com

You can write your own review of the NI4L CUSTOM RESONANT DIPOLE.

AE4NR Rating: 5/5 Feb 25, 2016 04:31 Send this review to a friend
OCF 10-80 dipole  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
After a delay in getting this antenna due to Chris being out of hand with supplys. Finally got it from Chris so far this antenna is dong really well it is a sloper right now one end up 35 feet the other about 20 feet the center is only about 5 feet off the ground and it is doing really well for being so low,Well made I bought the heavier duty version of the 4:1 balun only down side with that is getting the balun up in the air if you can run this as inverted V you would be better off. I can't wait to get this up higher and see how it does

K7QA Rating: 5/5 Dec 5, 2015 23:41 Send this review to a friend
160/80 dipole with W2AU balun  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Ordered this antenna to install at my new MT QTH as an inverted Vee with center at 50 feet up. Chris first sent the model without the balun and cheaper end insulators by mistake. I returned it for the correct model and he covered the shipping. The next antenna received had a 4:1 balun installed instead of 1:1. Again Chris apologized and paid for return shipping. When he sent the correct model, (third time is a charm) he upgraded to the large 5kW balun plus a spare for free. I finally got it erected before snow and subzero weather hit the area for the CQWW CW test and it worked beyond expectations. With only 50 watts and a tuner, I worked 160 thru 10 and made contacts with every station I heard and called.
Chris is a champ and stands behind his products like no other I've dealt with. Highly recommend! Tom K7QA

N0DSQ Rating: 2/5 Sep 21, 2015 06:56 Send this review to a friend
not what I wanted  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
10 meter dipole, 29.600, 1.6 SWR, used a EigExpert analyzer, no extra wire for tuning, built like a tank, useless to me. Sad, I like the quality.

KG7MIY Rating: 5/5 Sep 14, 2015 08:30 Send this review to a friend
Excellent Windom  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
The NI4L Windom is an excellent antenna and Christopher, the proprietor, is excellent to work with.

I lost all my antennas, coax, etc to the Eastern Washington wildfires of 2015. We were refugees for over two weeks. I emailed NI4L on Monday (Labor Day) that I needed an antenna ASAP. He returned with a phone call Tuesday, I had the antenna in my hands on Friday evening and set up and busting pile ups on Saturday morning.

The Windom he made to replace mine is better made than what I had. The materials and engineering are better than mine. The NI4L Windom will be easier to take down and set up in an emergency than my Home Brew.

Let me make a suggestion to new Hams. I was told to build your first antenna. If you want to start off enjoying your new hobby buy your first antenna and get on the air.
There will always be time to build and experiment with antennas down the road.
You can trust Chris Fox, NI4L to take good care of you.
73 AF7OA (aka kg7miy)

N2DTS Rating: 2/5 Jan 25, 2015 20:05 Send this review to a friend
not even close  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
80 to 10 fan dipole, they include nothing to keep the antenna,s separate, you would need 8 ropes to 8 mounting points...
I made some separators and put it up, it is a bit longer then I had space for so it sags a bit in the center, but not bad.
80 meters, 1.3 to 1 where I wanted it,
40 meters, low swr at 7580???
20 meters, 15.250???
15 meters 22.15???
10 meters 29.6 that is ok.

I make my own antenna's mostly, they can hold the trees up strong, this antenna is very light duty and will be coming down.

VK6NSB Rating: 5/5 Nov 21, 2014 20:34 Send this review to a friend
Top value  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I got a 40mtr caged di-pole off them and straight out of the box it was 1.3:1 at 7.90mhz and VERY BROAD banded. Unpacked with ease and was up in 10 minutes. GREAT value and very good people to deal with and I wiil buy of them again

K5TWB Rating: 5/5 Apr 14, 2014 16:39 Send this review to a friend
Great Antenna  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
I bought the NI4L OFC Windom 8 band antenna. The antenna is very well built and has lasted through strong winds from a thunder storm. My noise floor has dropped by 2db from my G5RV. I am very happy with this antenna.

N8QS Rating: 5/5 Apr 7, 2014 16:59 Send this review to a friend
Excellent Antenna & Service  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
For the past 40 years I've operated exclusively on 20-10mtrs. I was looking for an antenna for 40mtrs to check out that band which I haven't operated on since the early 70's. I came across the NI4L OCF 7band dipole (with the 22ft vertical radiator) and decided to give it a try (also purchased 500ft of Dacron rope at a great price). When I went to hang the antenna, there was a slight problem with one of the connectors on the 22ft radiator. After getting in touch with Chris/NI4L, he immediately mailed to me a completely new 22ft radiator. Antenna works great now. This antenna is built very well using quality components, is reasonably priced and Chris provides excellent service after the sale. Highly recommended.

N3US Rating: 5/5 Jan 23, 2014 08:15 Send this review to a friend
Very Happy with OCF  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I purchased my 80-10 meter OCF with the optional isolator which I used in conjunction with a 22 ft length of RG8X to obtain a vertical radiating section. For now, my center supported balun is only up 30 feet but the performance both local and DX is quite amazing. After I eventually install my tower and beam at this new QTH, I am sure I still will use this antenna on the low bands. This antenna consistently outperforms my 10 meter GP. Have been ham since 1963 and this was my first commercially built wire antenna. The Build construction is excellent and Chris was so patient with my many questions. I also purchased 300 ft of Dacron rope from Chris and I was also pleased with it. Chris shipped promptly and I will purchase other products from him.

W1JHU Rating: 5/5 Jan 19, 2014 07:01 Send this review to a friend
GREAT PRODUCT  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Recently purchased one of Chris's (NI4L) custom antennas for a 92 year old ham friend of mine. I put it up a week ago and works great. It is a quality product and professionally constructed. In my opinion, forget about building your own wire antenna. It's not worth the time to construct one considering the resonable pricing and quality of his products. Thanks Chris.