Reviews Categories | Antennas: HF: Vertical, Wire, Loop | NI4L CUSTOM RESONANT DIPOLE Help

Reviews Summary for NI4L CUSTOM RESONANT DIPOLE
NI4L CUSTOM RESONANT DIPOLE Reviews: 14 Average rating: 4.6/5 MSRP: $35.99
Description: LEGAL LIMIT ++ CUSTOM MADE CENTER FED DIPOLE Made with the same components used by our military forces today Custom made to YOUR FREQUENCY of operation
More info: http://www.ni4l.com

You can write your own review of the NI4L CUSTOM RESONANT DIPOLE.

KB3SMM Rating: 5/5 Aug 25, 2009 17:25 Send this review to a friend
fine hardware and performance  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
I have two NI4L Fan Dipoles; one for 40M/80M and one for 15M/30M - they both are first-rate construction and seem to perform adequately for a dipole. Customer service was very good.
One Note: you probably will need to prune your dipole if you want it exactly on a certain frequency, especially if it is an inverted vee like my 40M/80M. There can be some interaction between the elements of a fan dipole so try and string them at right angles to each other. GL 73 Rich

W6AWO Rating: 5/5 Mar 30, 2008 13:19 Send this review to a friend
Fine Antenna  Time owned: 0 to 3 months

I was a little embarrassed to order a commercially made dipole. After all, dipoles are something any self respecting ham is supposed to make, not purchase. But I've been making dipoles since 1958 so I decided to fly in the face of tradition and order a 80/40 fan dipole from NI4L ($120 delivered).

My objective was to have a resonant antenna out of the box to go with my first (!) solid state transceiver. I didn't want to have to use an antenna tuner with the new radio.

The antenna is well made, as others have said. Mine has insulated wire although I didn't specifically order it that way. The end points are wrapped around the antenna wire giving the opportunity for adjustment. I added a Buxcomm balun to mine (see the reviews on Buxcomm before ordering anything from them!).

I've just finished the installation and the antenna comes pretty close to meeting my objective. It seems resonant on the 7Mc frequency I specified but low on the 3.5Mc specified frequency. Given the installation situation - nearby wire fence and metal shed roof with the whole antenna stuck up among the trees - I'm cutting NI4L some slack on the 3.5Mc frequency. I'll tweak it to the correct frequency next weekend.

My advice? If you're looking for a good custom made dipole NI4L is worthy of your consideration. Communications was great, delivery was fast and the antenna works great.

VY 73,

RD

KC4RN Rating: 5/5 Aug 16, 2006 16:21 Send this review to a friend
NI4L 80/40 Dipole - Great product!  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
I purchased the 80/40 meter dipole from NI4L and I am very pleased with the dipole. Very well made, built to last a lifetime. Chris is very responsive to emails. Great support.

I had a B&W 80/40 trap dipole and I was not satisified with using it due to the narrow bandwidth and I did not want to use an antenna tuner with it. Nice dipole, but not for me.

The NI4L product fits my needs and is very broad on both bands.

Thanks for a well made product, Chris!

Gerald - AB2US

KC4CP Rating: 5/5 Mar 17, 2006 11:01 Send this review to a friend
GREAT, GREAT, GREAT!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
RECENTLY PUT UP 4 BAND VERSION (17, 20, 40, 80 meters). THIS FAN DIPOLE IS A WORK OF ART! EXTREMELY WELL MADE.

AFTER INSTALLATION, I CHECKED SWR ON ALL BANDS. EACH BAND WAS TUNED FOR THE EXACT FREQUENCY THAT I HAD SPECIFIED WHEN I ORDERED IT! AND EVEN WITHOUT TRIMMING, SWR WAS LOW ON ALL BANDS.

PLUS ... CUSTOMER SERVICE IS A+++. I RENTED A LIFT TO COMPLETE MY TOWER PROJECT & WANTED TO PUT UP DIPOLE AT THE SAME TIME. I CALLED CHRIS (knowing that this would rush him) AND HE PROMISED TO HAVE IT TO ME ON THE SAME DAY THAT I RENTED THE LIFT. IT DID INDEED ARRIVE THE SAME DAY! NOW THAT IS SERVICE.

BUY ONE OF THESE FAN DIPOLES. YOU WILL BE VERY PLEASED.